Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bat Country Flag
Advanced Nutrients anyone?
    #759008 - 11/25/14 07:00 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I a big fan of their organic line, I havent used their other shit.

Right now Im running with:
- Iguana juice, grow
- Iguana juice, bloom
- Big Bud
- Bud Candy
- Nirvanna

Plus a few other things on occasion not by them.

I really like their pH perfect technology and yes it does work, Ive tested it compared to a very expensive pH meter at the greenhouse where I work.

My plants respond super good to their nutes :thumbup:

Anyone else try their organic line?

--------------------
* Die For Your Government *

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewebster10

Re: Advanced Nutrients anyone? [Re: Zombi3]
    #759098 - 11/26/14 04:26 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I think they're one of the more sofistacated nutrient companies out there. However, they seem like they try to rape you with additives. GH nutes are cheap, easy to use and what I'm using at the moment.

Personally I'd never use bottled organic nutrients. I'd maybe try their sensi series if GH gave me a ton of problems.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Advanced Nutrients anyone? [Re: webster10] * 1
    #759107 - 11/26/14 06:55 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

ive been using bud candy the past few grows and just picked up sensizym and added that to my base botanicare nutes. thought about picking up some nirvana, but i feel like a lot of their stuff is pretty pointless/not really needed. very expensive stuff. the fancy artwork on their bottles kinda throws me off. feels like a marketing gimmick to me.

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Re: Advanced Nutrients anyone? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #759127 - 11/26/14 07:57 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
However, they seem like they try to rape you with additives.

Im not sure I understand what you mean??

Quote:

webster10 said:
Personally I'd never use bottled organic nutrients.

Why not? I just did a trial through my horticulture research job on over 150 bell pepper plants testing industry standard synthetic fertilizers against up and coming bottled organic fertilizers in terms of; how much fertilizer was needed, vertical and lateral growth, how vigourus the plants were, pest resistance, fruit set, etc etc...
The bottled organic nutrients creamed the fuck out of the synthetic...
Unfortunatly this is all the info I can give as it was done for a industry partner and Im not really aloud to release our results.

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
ive been using bud candy the past few grows and just picked up sensizym and added that to my base botanicare nutes. thought about picking up some nirvana, but i feel like a lot of their stuff is pretty pointless/not really needed. very expensive stuff. the fancy artwork on their bottles kinda throws me off. feels like a marketing gimmick to me.

The artwork is uneeded however it is more pleasing. The artwork doesnt change the quality of whats i the bottle. Some of their stuff is not needed for your average grow, but none of it is pointless thats for sure.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#759156 - 11/26/14 09:25 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Im not sure I understand what you mean??

They have about 30 additives. I am saying that a majority of these would make a less than noticeable difference. Just not very cost effective.

Quote:

Why not? I just did a trial through my horticulture research job on over 150 bell pepper plants testing industry standard synthetic fertilizers against up and coming bottled organic fertilizers in terms of; how much fertilizer was needed, vertical and lateral growth, how vigourus the plants were, pest resistance, fruit set, etc etc...
The bottled organic nutrients creamed the fuck out of the synthetic...
Unfortunatly this is all the info I can give as it was done for a industry partner and Im not really aloud to release our results.

They smell like shit, clog needles, have a short shelf life, are more expensive and gunk up hydro systems. I'd love to read the published results of your trial. There have also been an excessive amount of trials proving the effectiveness of synthetic fertilizers. I'd just like to hear about your experiment more in detail before I draw any conclusions from it.

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Re: Advanced Nutrients anyone? [Re: webster10]
    #759183 - 11/26/14 12:40 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:

They smell like shit, clog needles, have a short shelf life, are more expensive and gunk up hydro systems. I'd love to read the published results of your trial. There have also been an excessive amount of trials proving the effectiveness of synthetic fertilizers. I'd just like to hear about your experiment more in detail before I draw any conclusions from it.

Smell shouldnt be a judging point on what you buy for fertilizer imo, but not argument lol, they smell like shit.
By needles I assume you mean dripper heads and lines? This can be true but is not a reason in itself to overlook organics. If you mean syringes for measuring, use a cup.
They may not have as long as a shelf life as synthetic but I think a minimum 2 year shelf life is more than enough considering its rare you have anything on the shelf for 2 years. Every organic nutrient Ive ever looked into has a bare minimum of 2 years shelf life with most being 5 years.
They are not necessarily more expensive, this is often true but definitly not always.
Hydro systems, yes are going to get at least some cloggage, but if youre an attentive grower it wont be a problem for you. Though I can say I would much rather clean out a synthetic hydro tank than an organic hydro tank because of smell LOL

As far as the results from the experiment go I can not post anything until the company publishes it themselves. I signed a contract saying I wouldnt discuss the results because the experiment was done to help them test the their product and get a leg up on the competition. I doubt you or anyone on this site works for their competitors but still, Im not legally aloud to discuss the results until they publish them themselves. I can certainly post them when the contract is up and the results are published, if you actually are interested ill try and rememeber to post them on this forum :sun::thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleZombi3
Greenhouse Technician
Male User Gallery

Re: Advanced Nutrients anyone? [Re: webster10]
    #759185 - 11/26/14 12:46 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
They have about 30 additives. I am saying that a majority of these would make a less than noticeable difference. Just not very cost effective.

This is mostly true. The additives they offer are really only going to make a difference to someone with extensive growing knowledge who knows how to properly use them. But even then, looking through their line up there for sure is some that are obsolete and you jut straight up dont need, but a handful of them are very neat and very useful. I wouldnt be buying them thinking they will make your buds bigger just because its called big bud though HAHAHA, the additives are only good in the hands of someone who knows how to use and implement them. And their website is very lacking on proper instructions so you kinda need to already know what youre doing to really make use of most their additives. But its not all hype, ill stand by that, some of them are phenomenal.

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #759391 - 11/27/14 12:36 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

When I'm less poor I'll branch out and try new nutrients...  I've heard of these at least tho.
I pretty much supplement sparingly with just Dyna-gro at this point

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder