Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
in 5th week of flower - lots of info and pics
    #751391 - 10/06/14 08:15 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

the strain is Phantom Cookies

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?    clones
2. How old are your plants?    about 5 months from when i bought them
3. How tall are your plants?    about 2.5-3ft
4. What size containers are they planted in?    3 gal
5. What is your soil mix?    roots organic
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?

about every 3 days, i use tap water. i know that sounds bad to some of you, but i live in colorado springs. our water is made to grow marijuana lol)

7. What is the pH of your water?    6.3-6.4 is what i pH ALL solution to
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?   

Botanicare's:
Pure Blend Pro Bloom 2-3-5
Liquid Karma
Pure Blend Tea
CalMag

and Advanced Nutrient's Bud Candy

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?    no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

1000w HPS

11. How close are your lights to the plants?    12" +
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?    25sq ft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?    73-77F
14. What is the pH of the soil?    NA
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?    there were gnats a few weeks back but they seem to have disappeared.
16. How much experience do you have growing?

2+ years/6+ personal grows and i work full time 6 days a week as a grower for a MMJ dispensary in CO springs. me and 2 other people are responsible for growing ~300 flowering plants and ~500 vegging plants. so i have a little bit of experience.

i use all the nutrients i listed every time i water. at first i started out at a low PPM of bloom nutes and worked my way up. i definitely went too high the first time i raised the PPM, that was an accident and i didnt want to dump out the solution and make a new batch.

i dont think what im seeing is nutrient burn. it almost looks like a deficiency to me, but i could be wrong. anyway, i'll list off the PPM of the bloom nutrients i gave the plants every watering since i switched to bloom in flower. (i keep notes of PPM levels of nutes i feed my plants every watering... figured it would help in situations like this)

so starting at the first bloom feeding and ending at the most recent;

650 PPM, 650 PPM, 800 PPM, 700 PPM, 700 PPM, 800 PPM, 750 PPM, 800 PPM

seems like some of the leaves near the tops of the plant are getting kinda claw like...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: in 5th week of flower - lots of info and pics [Re: CrushNazT]
    #751420 - 10/07/14 05:50 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Did you use predatory nematodes and set out yellow sticky traps? Sometimes the adult gnats can disappear into your sticky buds while the gnat larvae keep eating your roots.

Maybe they need a mini-flush with plain water.  Not sure what CO water is but assuming it's soft and not alkaline, then yeah.  Do it first thing when lights come on, then drain your pots really well.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: in 5th week of flower - lots of info and pics [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #751633 - 10/07/14 08:54 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Potassium deficiency seem likely?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: in 5th week of flower - lots of info and pics [Re: mhbound]
    #751645 - 10/07/14 10:26 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I would say it IS to much nutrients.  The really dark green with fading edges.  You shouldn't be feeding every watering.  Every other at most.  I go every other to every two times. 

What are the temps like at the top of the plant?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: in 5th week of flower - lots of info and pics [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #751686 - 10/08/14 06:58 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
I would say it IS to much nutrients.  The really dark green with fading edges.  You shouldn't be feeding every watering.  Every other at most.  I go every other to every two times. 

What are the temps like at the top of the plant?

that's what i decided on yesterday. i should have kept the PPM a bit lower instead of bumping it up. i wanted to try to water this grow with nutes every watering instead of my previous grows where i used bloom nutes every other watering. at work we water plants with nutrients every watering. so seeing what that does, i went for it. (different nutrient brand at work)

im not sure what the temps are at the top of the plant. i'm going to pick up one of those light guns at home depot sometime so i can see how hot leaves are. i ended up flushing each plant last night with clearex, then watered with a lighter nutrient solution.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: in 5th week of flower - lots of info and pics [Re: CrushNazT]
    #751714 - 10/08/14 10:31 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, now that hawk points it out...Too much nitrogen and maybe some low potassium.

Edit: Nevermind on the watering too often that was just dumb after looking closer.

But the red stems and dark leaves are definitely signs of too much nitrogen. The out edges though potassium is definitely the most likely for that, doesn't appear to be burns except for the one plant and I assume that is the one you raised the PPM on.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (10/08/14 08:31 PM)

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: in 5th week of flower - lots of info and pics [Re: mhbound]
    #751807 - 10/08/14 06:17 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

definitely not watering too often. im pretty good at gauging when plants need to get watered. i do it all day at work.

im tempted to switch to botanicare's kind system where N and PK are separated. that way i can lower the N and raise the PK to fit the plants needs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies