Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledeladude
king size
Male

Price per lb produced
    #750566 - 10/01/14 03:34 AM (2 years, 2 months ago)

Just wondering what some of you guys are spending per lb of herb produced. Not so much you guys who are just growing some here and there but putting out a bit.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNodie Colorado
Stranger
Re: Price per lb produced [Re: deladude]
    #750863 - 10/03/14 03:02 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

My last grow was a little expensive at about 375 an lb. but usually around 200.

InvisiblephychotronM
weed pimp

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Price per lb produced [Re: deladude]
    #750995 - 10/04/14 01:10 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

I pay ~$5/oz in electricity and nutrients in an 4x8 tent.

--------------------
Authorized Medical Marijuana patient. Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws.

Perfect Dry and Cure
View My Garden
Latest Grow Log - Grapegod under LED

Try adding a tablespoon of cooking oil to your bong water to keep it clean. The oil soluble resin stays off the glass.

“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleP-O
 Arcade Champion: Simon

Re: Price per lb produced [Re: phychotron]
    #750997 - 10/04/14 01:25 PM (2 years, 2 months ago)

so around $80 lb.... that not bad at all :hi5:

LED's... fuck ya

InvisiblephychotronM
weed pimp

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Price per lb produced [Re: P-O]
    #752696 - 10/13/14 02:24 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Thought about it and checked my spreadsheet, it ranges from $7-10 per oz depending on efficiency. So about $110-160 total. Electricity (lights/fans/etc) is about 50% of the total cost.

I also don't factor in the coco coir, at $90/year or other insignificant costs. There are also hidden costs people don't factor in, like paying for the water (i don't) or gas to get the supplies. Small purchases like twine and cleaning supplies are rarely added to your grow cost. So you take your $/Lb and tack on say $5-20 in miscellaneous junk.

--------------------
Authorized Medical Marijuana patient. Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws.

Perfect Dry and Cure
View My Garden

Try adding a tablespoon of cooking oil to your bong water to keep it clean. The oil soluble resin stays off the glass.

“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinedelta9hippie
Stranger
    #753585 - 10/17/14 08:17 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Thought about it and checked my spreadsheet, it ranges from $7-10 per oz depending on efficiency. So about $110-160 total. Electricity (lights/fans/etc) is about 50% of the total cost.

I also don't factor in the coco coir, at $90/year or other insignificant costs. There are also hidden costs people don't factor in, like paying for the water (i don't) or gas to get the supplies. Small purchases like twine and cleaning supplies are rarely added to your grow cost. So you take your $/Lb and tack on say $5-20 in miscellaneous junk.

Could you post a copy of your spreadsheet? I mean, just with the variables in the fields, as a template for others?

InvisiblephychotronM
weed pimp

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Price per lb produced [Re: delta9hippie]
    #753659 - 10/17/14 02:12 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I'll see about posting it again sometime if I remember. I need to go over and make sure everything is functioning.

--------------------

Perfect Dry and Cure
View My Garden

InvisiblephychotronM
weed pimp

Trusted Cultivator
    #754473 - 10/24/14 08:05 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/754472

Edited and polished it up a bit... I left one example log filled out to get a sense of what it looks like when its all filled out. Let me know what you think.

--------------------

Perfect Dry and Cure
View My Garden

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Price per lb produced [Re: Nodie Colorado]
    #754598 - 10/25/14 07:22 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nodie Colorado said:
My last grow was a little expensive at about 375 an lb. but usually around 200.

What in the hell are you doing to make it that expensive?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineNodie Colorado
Stranger
Re: Price per lb produced [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #804646 - 01/28/16 02:23 PM (10 months, 3 days ago)

That covers equipment replacement, nutrients, water, electricity, my medical card, the rooms I built, ect. You have to account for every penny you put into your grow. I spend money to replace the things that I need to without cutting corners. That is basic business accounting. I would venture to say, if you sit down and add up every penny you spend on you grow it cost you more than you think. Unless you use crap equipment and nutrients and you get crap herb. I pay for genetics. Either through seeds or clones. I pay for good nutrients, and I pay myself for the time it takes me to grow my meds. All of those things are included in the price of the herb you buy in a dispensary or on the street so why wouldn't you add them into your cost. Someone pays for those things, and I bet its you if you are the owner of your grow.

InvisiblephychotronM
weed pimp

Trusted Cultivator
    #804656 - 01/28/16 03:12 PM (10 months, 3 days ago)

Some costs are negligible and some come up randomly. Its hard to calculate hardware cost without tracking equipment purchases and longevity. For example, if you "charge" the cost of a new light bulb to a specific grow period the next one is 'free'. you need to know how long that will last before you can figure out how many $/day it will ultimately cost.

Same with genetics, depends on how long you run them to determine actual cost.

Your time is relevant only to your garden. I was doing 15 minutes a week filling the nutrient tank but only 5 of that was spent mixing up nutrients... 10 of that was making sure the pump wasn't over filling the res. 99% of the time the plants are left alone.

--------------------

Perfect Dry and Cure
View My Garden

OfflineNodie Colorado
Stranger
    #804660 - 01/28/16 05:23 PM (10 months, 3 days ago)

And I take it all into consideration.

InvisiblephychotronM
weed pimp

Trusted Cultivator
    #804677 - 01/28/16 08:57 PM (10 months, 3 days ago)

So where are your huge costs coming from? can I see a breakdown of costs for your setup?

--------------------

Perfect Dry and Cure
View My Garden

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation