Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerainmaker
Stranger
loco in my coco - 400w hps coco tent
    #750157 - 09/28/14 12:13 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

vegging under 150w hps, flowing under 400w hps in a 2x4ft tent, my setup uses a closed loop to cool the light sealed off from the room which is vented with a 2nd ducting & cooled with AC.

The hardest part for me with this setup was the ventilation & AC. I ended up with this wood frame, and drilled some 4" holes for drier ducts:

I'm growing in coco & been having a bit of what looks like Mg lockout, due to what I suppose is salt buildup with lucas formula (5ml/10ml). I recently added drip clean at 0.5ml and its clearing up the salts nicely. The growth rates with coco are just phenomenal, even with these lockouts slowing stuff down, they are exploding!

9/11:

9/27:

I could probably use some advice. I know the plants are doing good, but I think they could do even better.

Edited by rainmaker (09/28/14 12:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: loco in my coco - 400w hps coco tent [Re: rainmaker]
    #750165 - 09/28/14 03:49 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Lookin good Welcome to the best place to grow mj man. The growery!!!:stayfunky:

Plants look good :awedrugs:

Offlinerainmaker
Stranger
Re: loco in my coco - 400w hps coco tent [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #750270 - 09/29/14 03:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you for the kind words. I suck at soil, coco changed my life. Initially I seem to encounter salt buildups. Not anymore with this runoff technique I use...

Do NOT let your plants sit in their own runoff. The liquids will evaporate leaving salts behind.. this will re-absorb into the coco & fuckup your PH.

Simply balance your container in a runoff collection bin like so.... also you should utilize a turkey baster which is also depicted. My advice entails refraining from divulging your grow when the shop keeper tries to start a conversation about your off season turkey basting. As the plant drains you can hear the "ping" of the water dripping. I only return the plant to the tent once there is enough drainage occured that there is at least 1 minute of silence between pings. This makes the coco less wet too, which leads to whiter hairier roots. Plus the gravity of tipping it on an angle will strengthen the stems.

I should say, a simple alternative is to water them in that bathtub. If you want to avoid clogging your drain with chunks of coco, try this out.

If you look closely you can see the runoff "stream" coming out of the corner that is at the lowest elevation. These gallon(s) of runoff would otherwise sit in the tent & wreak all kinds of havoc, from attracting pests to runoff re-absorption & is just simply wasteful nonetheless.

In my experience, failure to do what I do will not cause claw leaf. It will cause salt buildup which is DIFFERENT from over fert. It'll throw off the PH days or weeks before you see any tip burn.

Also you will find after employing this, that the plant's stems get thick. By having them at an angle as this, the weight of the plant itself will strengthen the stem.

Edit - removed some drunk ramblings :wink:

Edited by rainmaker (09/29/14 11:22 PM)

Offlineweedmaster
Stranger
Re: loco in my coco - 400w hps coco tent *DELETED* [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #750338 - 09/29/14 05:16 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Stoneth

Reason for deletion: unneeded post

Offlinerainmaker
Stranger
Re: loco in my coco - 400w hps coco tent *DELETED* [Re: weedmaster]
    #752191 - 10/10/14 09:58 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Check it out, going pretty well. Some slight PH fluctuations where I neglected them the other weekend. I may have to abort them soon & move to a new grow house, due to personal issues with the current location.

maybe i can  somehow attempt to transport them. I've pretty much raised the light to the maximum level, the tent is not tall enough, the main colas are almost contacting the cool tube. I may have to super crop them pretty late in flower.... or maybe at my new location I can dedicate a whole room, instead of just a tent. I should have topped them, but wanted to let it grow natural.

The pics are kind of out of order and were taken at various stages over time since the last post.

UPDATE:
I just supercropped the tallest one / less mature one. I did it in 2 locations. The first location I started slowly bending & working the stem, and I just didn't like the way it felt (I can tell when its gonna snap because it feels like you're folding the stem instead of bending it - you just gotta work it slowly back & forfth, bending more each time). I moved up a few nodes and began to supercrop again, this one took better but still not great. Took a bread tie and using the 2 supercropped "hinges" I tied it horizontal. Looks like a nicer canopy to me now

Edited by rainmaker (10/10/14 11:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck