Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery

crystals still clear? (pics)
    #748257 - 09/15/14 05:40 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I have a really hard time seeing the difference between milky and clear trichs I need to cut these plants down asap so as soon as they are milky ill chop them. how close do you guys think it is to being choppable?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: crystals still clear? (pics) [Re: roxxor]
    #748260 - 09/15/14 06:02 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

It varies. Just keep an eye on them. A couple of weeks....maybe?? I don't know how old they are or anything that was just a complete guess.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: crystals still clear? (pics) [Re: mhbound]
    #748285 - 09/15/14 08:10 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

yea my gf threw away my calendar by accident so I have no clue how long its been, gotta be like 30-40 days in to flower atleast.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#748286 - 09/15/14 08:14 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

those look clear to me

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: crystals still clear? (pics) [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #748306 - 09/16/14 02:14 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I don't go by crystal color but rather how the plant looks--which takes crystal color into consideration but not as a primary indicator. I look at the shade leaf to make sure the plant is flushed. The leaf turns yellow as the plant tries to salvage the older leaf for as many nutrients as possible before it dies.  The yellow tends to start at the tips and works toward the bud. I always chop the plants before the yellow reaches the bud.

You get budding out at the end of the plants life cycle; where the individual flowers start to 'ball' up and look more like a mini flowers. There is usually a new growth spurt that shoots new branches from the flower.

Showing a flower before it buds out. It swells up for a few weeks before making that final push to bud out. 

You can see them forming; namely the white areas.

You can see the cola on the right has started shooting out, whereas the one on the left has almost no budding out, just getting fatter all over.

This photo you can see two of the shoots near the top. They pop out then fill in. I chop before or after that phase. Not all strains act that way, but a lot do. Its usually a 2-5 week extension if I want to let it bud out. Sometimes its worth it; it really depends on the strain. Some put on a lot of extra weight while others just fluff out to airy leafy bits with more stem than what its worth. Try to take a plant to 13+ weeks and you'll see a whole new side to your plants.

There are products that induce that bud phase early; I've used House & Garden's Shooting powder. I liked the results and have been waiting to try it again to see if it works a second time. I had to get the plant get to 13 weeks to finish that end-budding phase. I think it was a bit too much stem but I couldn't let it fill in any longer.

Grapegod turning slightly purpleish at 13 weeks. The purple tint wore off when trimmed, but the bud looked like it had a purple sheen. The under leaf was most of the purple that got trimmed away.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: crystals still clear? (pics) [Re: phychotron]
    #748437 - 09/16/14 03:21 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I don't go by crystal color but rather how the plant looks--which takes crystal color into consideration but not as a primary indicator. I look at the shade leaf to make sure the plant is flushed. The leaf turns yellow as the plant tries to salvage the older leaf for as many nutrients as possible before it dies.  The yellow tends to start at the tips and works toward the bud. I always chop the plants before the yellow reaches the bud.

You get budding out at the end of the plants life cycle; where the individual flowers start to 'ball' up and look more like a mini flowers. There is usually a new growth spurt that shoots new branches from the flower.

Showing a flower before it buds out. It swells up for a few weeks before making that final push to bud out. 

You can see them forming; namely the white areas.

You can see the cola on the right has started shooting out, whereas the one on the left has almost no budding out, just getting fatter all over.

This photo you can see two of the shoots near the top. They pop out then fill in. I chop before or after that phase. Not all strains act that way, but a lot do. Its usually a 2-5 week extension if I want to let it bud out. Sometimes its worth it; it really depends on the strain. Some put on a lot of extra weight while others just fluff out to airy leafy bits with more stem than what its worth. Try to take a plant to 13+ weeks and you'll see a whole new side to your plants.

There are products that induce that bud phase early; I've used House & Garden's Shooting powder. I liked the results and have been waiting to try it again to see if it works a second time. I had to get the plant get to 13 weeks to finish that end-budding phase. I think it was a bit too much stem but I couldn't let it fill in any longer.

Grapegod turning slightly purpleish at 13 weeks. The purple tint wore off when trimmed, but the bud looked like it had a purple sheen. The under leaf was most of the purple that got trimmed away.

good info, ill take some pics of my plants and post so yall can tell me what you think.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#748479 - 09/16/14 04:47 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Keep in mind THC will degrade as they turn more amber and you will be left with a CBD rich plant which will create a couch lock type smoke.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: crystals still clear? (pics) [Re: mhbound]
    #748489 - 09/16/14 05:08 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
Keep in mind THC will degrade as they turn more amber and you will be left with a CBD rich plant which will create a couch lock type smoke.

which I try to stay away from, is it uncommon to harvest before all the hairs turn amber/recede ? the plant in concern is a majority sativa plant, probably 80/20

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#748490 - 09/16/14 05:28 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

It is not uncommon but several things can contribute to them turning. Heat, nutrient deficiency, or strain in general. A lot of the sour diesel I have ever had a mix of white and orange. And a lot of the romulan I have ever had were all orange.

Get a jewelers loop and you will be able to tell when they are turning. Of course if you keep an eye on the plants with that camera and macro shots you will see when they are turning. You can clearly see those are CLEAR way early to harvest you will end up with a waste of a harvest if you pulled it now.

If you want take some pictures and we can give you a better guess of where your plant is.

Also, I never go by the pistol color. I have seen them turn orange half way through flower before while I have seen them turn orange in the last week or two.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleJollyGreenJRayV
Mister
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North America
Re: crystals still clear? (pics) [Re: phychotron]
    #748788 - 09/18/14 02:41 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Damn that's some serious light bleaching.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder