Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
Reveg for Agent Orange clones?
    #546285 - 04/14/11 01:52 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hi!
I popped three Agent Oranges a friend gave me. One of them was a test, so to speak, and I put it into flower without cloning. The smell of oranges is undeniable on this particular plant, which makes me wonder if this one pheno was a keeper.. OOPS! So first question would likely be: Are all agent oranges this absolutely orange or did I get a particularly good smelling one?

Maybe I am overthinking it. I do have two other agent orange females ready to bear clones!

So I was thinking, as a last ditch measure if I needed to, I could try to reveg the plant and take clones for later Agent Orange runs. If I do this, though, I heard yield will be significantly smaller.

Will the other two female agent oranges be this orangy?

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

Edited by Cannasaurus (04/14/11 01:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Reveg for Agent Orange clones? [Re: Cannasaurus]
    #546312 - 04/14/11 08:46 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've never had it or grown it but from a little looking around it looks like the smell is going to be present with all of the plants...Obviously you may find a better pheno but I think you'll be happy finishing it and taking clones from the others as to not hurt your yield.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinebackintheriver
Re: Reveg for Agent Orange clones? [Re: mhbound]
    #546320 - 04/14/11 10:20 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i would put the smells from my agent orange in this order
sweet
orange
skunk

and it gets giant dark green donkey dick buds

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Re: Reveg for Agent Orange clones? [Re: backintheriver]
    #546399 - 04/14/11 03:03 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you both for responding. I suppose I will let it flower through and just clone from the others if the others are likely to have a similar orange scent. I want to do some breeding work with the scent to see if I can find specific "flavors", so I was hoping it would be present in some if not all.

:laugh:

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#546406 - 04/14/11 03:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You can clone from a flowering plant then revert clones to veg once rooted so you can flower some of that delicious ass plant and you can have some clones to breed with.

Get the best of both worlds.

I hate reverting whole plants to veg I always end up with some kind of problem whether it be nutrients or some fucked up formation.

Anyway, if it really is that desirable then take clones from the flowering plant..but I'm pretty sure they all have some similar characteristics so much so you probably won't notice too much a difference

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

#546453 - 04/14/11 07:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

mhbound: If I were to try to clone, instead of stressing the plant during flower, I would try to reveg. Cloning during flower is tough, and plants tend to take 3x as long to come back after the procedure.

Depending on how great the finished bud is, I may reveg..

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#546464 - 04/14/11 07:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Oh yea I mean like I said above your yield is going to go down a good bit I was just speaking if you wanted to get a little bud and have some clones...Thats all I was saying. :thumbup:

But you obviously already knew this.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

#546476 - 04/14/11 08:31 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

mh: I was making sure I didn't just make up knowing that! Haha. If yield will go down, then there is really no point in trying to save it.

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
    #546539 - 04/14/11 10:17 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I personallydon't think your yield will go down but I don't reveg plants. I know of quite a few clones floating around here that were revegged and everyone seems really happy with them. Thats not to say the yield did not go down compared to the original mom. I'm sure senesence happens in cannabis but it takes longer then I know but with reveg I can't comment. I say try it see what happens. Your descriptions are almost making shell out money for some of those beans. I have seen very orangey plants in my time, but they were more cat pissy orange. I'm drewling over the thought of a sickly sweet orange tasting nug.

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Re: Reveg for Agent Orange clones? [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #547268 - 04/16/11 05:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Flying: I may still reveg just so I can breed the genetics to something worth the time and effort and possibly do a backcross. I've had several people smell the budsites (I'm a registered grower so this isn't very dangerous for me) and, without leading them, each of them say citrus or orange. To me this particular pheno smells like orange bubble gum. Sweet. There is another that seems more skunky orange, but this one is more sweet than skunk.

I look for smells and tastes because in a place where Grape doesn't *exactly* mean grape, an Orange that really smells like orange is a winner in my book.

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
    #547269 - 04/16/11 05:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Orange bubble gum sweet. My credit cards out going to attitude.

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Re: Reveg for Agent Orange clones? [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #547272 - 04/16/11 05:45 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'll be saving my reveg for an outcross and then a backcross if the smoked bud is as good as it smells on the plant. Maybe I'll release them for sale. :laugh:

--------------------
-Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals