Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Revegging To Save Genetics
    #530605 - 02/25/11 11:55 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So, I have a Sensi Star plant I grew out. I couldn't tell during her veg, but it ended up being a really nice plant. I'm not sure how the smoke will be, but her size and stretch, the way she grew and everything is just 100% perfect to a plant that I would like to keep around.

Problem is, shes a few weeks into flowering. I don't want to cut a clone, because shes kinda small to begin with.

I've heard of people harvesting from a plant and putting it back into veg. Generally, that seems to be a waste of time from what I've read, but since this is a girl I'd really like to save...how do I go about reveggng her after harvest?

If she smokes as good as shes bushed out/dwarfed/responeded to topping it will be the best plant I have ever grown :lol:

Thanks so much for any advice you have for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Revegging To Save Genetics [Re: A To The K]
    #530607 - 02/25/11 12:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have to be honest with you, revegging a plant is such a giant pain in the ass that in my opinion it's not even worth the ridiculous amount of time it takes. Trust me, I have had random bagseed grows I would have KILLED someone to have a clone of, but after harvest it's basically over. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

Re: Revegging To Save Genetics [Re: A To The K]
    #530608 - 02/25/11 12:27 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:strokebeard: Well first off...Revenging to save good Geno's(Whitewidow..ect) is never a waist of time IMO. iv done it with rewarding results...
You could try clonein after harvest but chances are they may never root :dead:
So Re-veg then when shes back to good health pull some cuttings....
Re-flower her an Bamm  :fbsnugs: Hope this helped best of luck :getstoned:

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Revegging To Save Genetics *DELETED* [Re: A To The K]
    #530654 - 02/25/11 04:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: k

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

Re: Revegging To Save Genetics [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #530690 - 02/25/11 05:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lampshadehelmet said:
Re-vegging is a last resort in my opinion but if you want to save the plant then by all means give it a shot.

About 1 in 3 surviving would be good odds if you haven't done it before.

I cut the plant to about 1/3 its finished height and trim all the bud off that I can while leaving leaves and "some" green growth.

You want to transplant into a larger pot and add some fresh dirt if growing in soil. Water with ph'd water and do not give any nutes, if you must then use low levels and something with b12.Be careful as well not to overwater as the plant is hardly going to use anything for the next month.

Place under mild lighting I use 2 bulbs of a t5...100watts about 1-2 feet above the plant. The plant is going to do very little for around a month and will basically look dead, but eventually it will start putting off new growth. This new growth looks very irregular and takes time to stabilize, if it even does(by stabilize I mean put off 5 point leaves or more).

Once the plant has stabilized then you can take clones, otherwise the genetics will likely not recover. If you can get through all of this and not end up with a hermie then you have succeeded in re-vegging.

Don't be intimidated, basically just wait it out and if after a month and a half you see no new growth, then you have lost the patient.

:awesomenod::thumbup: Great response Couldn't have said it better myself:hatsoff:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Revegging To Save Genetics [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #531191 - 02/27/11 08:34 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lampshadehelmet said:

About 1 in 3 surviving would be good odds if you haven't done it before.

I cut the plant to about 1/3 its finished height and trim all the bud off that I can while leaving leaves and "some" green growth.

You want to transplant into a larger pot and add some fresh dirt if growing in soil. Water with ph'd water and do not give any nutes, if you must then use low levels and something with b12.Be careful as well not to overwater as the plant is hardly going to use anything for the next month.

How do you give 1 in 3 odds of survival? How do you give worse odds to someone who hasn't performed the operation before? This isn't exactly rocket science.

Space Cadet growers reveg entire commercial grows harvest after harvest year after year.

Invisibledouble
Diesel

Re: Revegging To Save Genetics [Re: xX42oXx]
    #531195 - 02/27/11 09:09 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

xX42oXx said:
:strokebeard: Well first off...Revenging to save good Geno's(Whitewidow..ect) is never a waist of time IMO.

that kinda made my day :lol:

apart from that, I'd say clone it and root with a rooting hormone like IBA or NAA, better if in a fogger (it's faster IMO)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale