Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Questions for Making BHO Reclaim Edibles
    #739294 - 07/08/14 11:47 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I have never made edibles with BHO reclaim before

It is all reclaim from some pretty top shelf nug.

How does one convert oil into an amount used for a recipe? I easily have at least 10 grams of reclaim but I just want to make a small batch to try first and I dont want to over do it.

Does baking it ruin the THC?

Can I just add some globs of oil to some brownie mix?

What about more in depth recipes with other foods or beverages? Any suggestions?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Questions for Making BHO Reclaim Edibles [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #739302 - 07/08/14 01:01 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

adding globs to a mix will not work... one piece might have 20 doses, the next will have none.

How i would do it is.... simmer the bho with coconut oil on low till all the oil is 100% dissolved in the coconut oil (no clumps) .  Then add to a recipe (and MIX MIX MIX evenly).

I think a dosage is around .3 oral (dont quote me... tho its been a while).   

My bro used to put Killer BHO in capsules.  we would pop it early in the night and be fucked allll night..... people say it needs to be heated or ingested with a oil to be felt... not true!

Let us know how it goes.

PS.  most that THC candy is made from bho

InvisibleP-O

Re: Questions for Making BHO Reclaim Edibles [Re: P-O]
    #739304 - 07/08/14 01:10 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

What about more in depth recipes with other foods or beverages? Any suggestions?

My favorite is making cookies (coconut oil + cookie mix)  dosed at about a gram of bud per cookie.

I used to make loaves of (THC) banana bread for a cancer patient (RIP).... she hated smoking and vaping but used to pay for me to make her loafs of THC banana bread.  Took a lil trial and error to get the right dose, and strain down for her tho.

funny story... first batch i made i used WAAAY too much (double check dosages)..... i ended up taking over 5gms worth of weed in one eating... the story is somewhere on growery.  needless to say i TRIPPED BALLS !!!  NOT FUN

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #739313 - 07/08/14 01:37 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I've found its easiest to use kief to make edibles. Absorb into any fat and doesn't have any of the plant taste. Plus no solvent or additional steps other than shaking the initial kief. My favorite recipes involve sweetened evaporated milk. Always seems to have the best tasting food in the end.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

Re: Questions for Making BHO Reclaim Edibles [Re: GreenHorns]
    #739403 - 07/09/14 08:42 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Been reading and going to try mixing into coconut oil and simmering for 2 hours.

Read a good forum post from tokecity discussing the difference between just mixing for a bit and a true solution that is consistent throughout.

makes perfect sense about not being to just throw globs into brownie mix

now my next questions are...how much coconut oil per amount of reclaim?

and once i have my oil tincture, if i bake with it like some brownies at 350 for 20 to 30 min, will that destroy the thc?

edit: just realized to make thc banana bread you need to bake it in the oven...so i guess you can still bake. But still answer the questions about thc degrading.

ive noticed a lot of people making chocolate bars which makes sense because the tincture doesnt get baked, it gets put in the fridge.

would i be correct to assume that a chocolate bar would be more potent than a brownie or cookie with same dosage because of the oven destroying thc during the baking process?

--------------------

Edited by SmokeSomeHash (07/09/14 08:44 AM)

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #739511 - 07/10/14 08:49 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I have zero proof behind it but I assume yes there is some loss in the heating process. One reason I like the milk process cause its low temp and I typically make fudge and French silk pie which are chilled rather than cooked. Coconut oil is pretty fatty I'd assume the same ratio can be applied for butter which I've always done an ounce of herb to a stick of butter.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

Re: Questions for Making BHO Reclaim Edibles [Re: GreenHorns]
    #739516 - 07/10/14 09:12 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Ill put a link later but i found a forum post on tokecity i think discussing the difference in body absorbtion rates of different types of fats.

they describe butter as being a long chain fat that doesnt get absorbed fast, it gets pooped out before all the thc can be absorbed.

and coconut oil will be absorbed faster...but then they discuss the whole thing about the difference between just quickly mixing and actually allowing time to make a true solution.

My degree is in chemistry, not biology, so i dont really get most of this shit but i get the jist of it...

but yeah it seems like 2 hour simmer in coconut oil gives an oil that is consistent potency throughout  and also readily absorbed FAST.

they said those edibles come on real quick and real hard.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #769166 - 02/15/15 07:52 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

kind of a bummer that this thread fizzled out.  Do you have that link?  I know it's a long time later.  I just googled something like "reclaim edible recipe" and this was the first post that came up.  dope.  :lol:  I've made some chocolates with a double boiler and reclaim, peanut butter and vanilla extract before.  It was really bomb.  Made one batch so strong the taste of burned the throat, until it kicked in a few minutes later.  that was the potency i desire, but I need to mask that taste more.  I'm going to try your suggestion, P-O, and use coconut oil and the reclaim.  then use it to make some bomb ass something or other.  i'll post back how that goes.  just also wondering what ratio of reclaim to coconut oil i should use.  I'll figure it out and report back.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Questions for Making BHO Reclaim Edibles [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #769173 - 02/15/15 11:58 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I used to make weed ice cream. Simmering herb in cream...
Can't eat edibles anymore tho. They fuck my world upppp

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisibleP-O

Re: Questions for Making BHO Reclaim Edibles [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #769203 - 02/16/15 01:24 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

ive been making edibles for  15 years... and once i started using coconut oil everything changed.  i dont know that science, but im convinced coconut oil makes edibles stronger

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #769209 - 02/16/15 03:47 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I guess its really good for you too.  The last few times I tried eating the goods I just ate too much. birthday cake. once you get the munchies from edibles know enough to stop eating THEM ( or I tell myself for future ref)
Couldnt move haha.... crawled.  hell I tried to walk the next day & fell over

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures