Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineH J Farnsworth
Stranger
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Bho questions
    #795493 - 10/01/15 07:34 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

So I've got a few questions about making bho. I have a 60 gram tube with a few 100micron filters and some cans of vector. My last run didn't go so well I think because I didn't pack the tube tight enough but I dunno, probably as tight as a blunt. The buds WERE NOT frozen but I did cut them up a bit. How do I do this properly? Do I pack the buds in until I can't anymore? Should I freeze them? Dehydrate? Any advice would be gnar gnar. Thanks!

--------------------
Officially a Colorado medical marihuana patient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Bho questions [Re: H J Farnsworth]
    #795499 - 10/01/15 08:47 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Ive always used dried material (freeze before).  busted up good before I put it in the tube.  I never pack it to hard (think u want some space for iso to run through).

Ive had good results with my batches.

Ive never done a batch with fresh, but those recent pics posted here look amazing (color)

I think your problem may have been this....

Quote:

The buds WERE NOT frozen but I did cut them up a bit

The butane does a quick rinse so if the buds are mostly solid and not really broken up you may not be getting all the goods outta em.  Freezing em is not a must,  my first 20 batches i did it without freezing the trim

OfflineH J Farnsworth
Stranger
Male

Re: Bho questions [Re: P-O]
    #795505 - 10/01/15 09:35 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

So powder them?

--------------------

OfflineH J Farnsworth
Stranger
Male

#795506 - 10/01/15 09:35 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Also they full buds I haven't used any trim yet.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#795507 - 10/01/15 10:04 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't "powder" it,  u dont want dust getting into the bho.

I hand crush it good.

OfflineH J Farnsworth
Stranger
Male

Re: Bho questions [Re: P-O]
    #795514 - 10/01/15 10:21 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbinator: Thanks man. Haha I feel like you are the growery.

--------------------

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
    #798538 - 11/11/15 09:11 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

H J Farnsworth said:
So I've got a few questions about making bho. I have a 60 gram tube with a few 100micron filters and some cans of vector. My last run didn't go so well I think because I didn't pack the tube tight enough but I dunno, probably as tight as a blunt. The buds WERE NOT frozen but I did cut them up a bit. How do I do this properly? Do I pack the buds in until I can't anymore? Should I freeze them? Dehydrate? Any advice would be gnar gnar. Thanks!

What you should do is pack the tube as tight as possible, use whatever you can to push the buds tightly to the bottom of the tube and repeat until it's as tight as possible. Then have dry ice ready to cover your tube, let it sit on your tube for 30 minutes, it will freeze all the trics off the buds and let them flow easier. Then you can blast like normal.

Purge im doing now. Should be finished tomorrow. Live resin White widow x Orange haze.

Offlineqwatch2000
Stranger
Re: Bho questions and general help too please????? [Re: CBDFarm]
    #808360 - 03/19/16 08:03 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

Help please??? brand new to message boards in general, getting a definitive answer is impossible because for every coffee filter person there's a mesh screen person and I would like to pose a question ask about my first run and what i did and what went wrong and be specific and get feedback on if i used too much or too little filtration. I have done lots of research and read forums and guides and chemistry info and watched youtube but there is a just a few fine tunings i need to make because I am so close to making quality product I know it. I would very much appreciate any help at all.

:rasta:

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
Re: Bho questions and general help too please????? [Re: qwatch2000]
    #808383 - 03/20/16 12:57 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

qwatch2000 said:
Help please??? brand new to message boards in general, getting a definitive answer is impossible because for every coffee filter person there's a mesh screen person and I would like to pose a question ask about my first run and what i did and what went wrong and be specific and get feedback on if i used too much or too little filtration. I have done lots of research and read forums and guides and chemistry info and watched youtube but there is a just a few fine tunings i need to make because I am so close to making quality product I know it. I would very much appreciate any help at all.

:rasta:

There is nothing wrong with using unbleached coffee filters. Some people don't know about microns and get mesh screens that are too big anyway. Coffee filter will work well until you upgrade.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale