Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineghost
Outdoor Plants always healthier.
    #735464 - 06/09/14 10:59 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

This is just something I have noticed. My indoor plants always seem less healthy than my outdoor plants.

I believe this is due to them being re-introduced into their native habitats. By this I mean they now have their natural eco-system supporting them. Indoors thing's can get out of whack very quickly, certain fungus or bacteria in the soil can grow out of proportion, the same thing goes with bugs.

When they are put outdoors, thing's come back in to balance. Spiders eat the bugs, other bacteria and fungi balance out the levels of beneficial/harmful microbes. The temperatures and humidity also come back into natural levels.

I've been thinking, what are some methods to bring this sort of 'balance' into our indoor gardens?

I have begun mixing ground-water with my plants water. (Just water that's collected in puddles outdoors.) I figure this will help balance the microbe populations into a more natural state. Same with certain bug populations in the soil.

I know they sell supplements to do this, but I doubt it's as effective. I will eventually do a side by side to see the effectiveness of this method.

I am just curious if anyone uses any methods like this in their indoor gardens?

(I have heard of people use spiders or lady bugs to keep mite populations in check. etc)

Thanks.

Edited by ghost (06/09/14 11:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Outdoor Plants always healthier. [Re: ghost]
    #735465 - 06/09/14 11:04 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I use Great White microbes and seriously considering releasing a bunch of ladybugs to combat these damn fungus gnats. Every time I think I've finally beaten them they come back.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor Plants always healthier. [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #735466 - 06/09/14 11:07 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I solved my gnat problem by pouring boiling water in my soil prior to transplanting(I obviously let it cool down). Although you do loose some beneficial fungal doing that

Offlineghost
Re: Outdoor Plants always healthier. [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #735467 - 06/09/14 11:11 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
I use Great White microbes and seriously considering releasing a bunch of ladybugs to combat these damn fungus gnats. Every time I think I've finally beaten them they come back.

very cool. I am considering going spider hunting this week. :smile: No gnats, but definitely have a few mites in my garden. and I'm pretty anti-pesticide. (I only share with friends, and I'll be damned if I give them chemical laced herbs.) :P

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor Plants always healthier. [Re: ghost] * 1
    #735500 - 06/09/14 04:48 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

There are organic/biological controls for most bugs. For example, for thrips this stuff called Spinosad is a bacteria that wipes out the bugs but is not a problem at all to the plant.

If your indoor plants don't do as well as oudoor then You are a far way away of perfecting your garden. Generally plants inside with a controlled environment will do better in terms of quality than plants exposed to the elements of nature.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

#739218 - 07/07/14 12:23 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ghost said:
When they are put outdoors, thing's come back in to balance. Spiders eat the bugs

I grow outdoors and still get spider mites like crazy. Unfortunately the climate I'm in is perfect for them.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Outdoor Plants always healthier. [Re: Mycophile]
    #739221 - 07/07/14 12:42 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Do you spray your plants down? I hear doing that helps tremendously.

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Plants always healthier. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #739224 - 07/07/14 12:52 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, I should probably do it a little more often though. I just ripped up a bunch of beans in my front yard cuz they were harboring a shit load of mites. :mad2:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Outdoor Plants always healthier. [Re: Mycophile]
    #739260 - 07/07/14 09:53 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

i have growen some nice og kush in and out (same cut) and the one out doors always was a better quality compared to the indoor one with my experience , i deff keep trying to achieve cleaner runs indoor to try and become par with the quality of the outdoor but as of now i have to say mother nature is a better gardener then me .

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Offlinewebster10

#739285 - 07/08/14 10:53 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Mother nature knows how to take care of her plants. Although, a little help from man every once in a while doesn't hurt anything.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds