Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Would you clone your pet?
    #734333 - 06/02/14 07:29 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

So apparently it has been done (cite).So assuming the clone would be healthy would you clone your pet?

If the said clone acted just like my other pet I think that would be pretty cool.
:shrug:
Would you 'clone' your pet?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/02/14 07:29 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Would you clone your pet? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #734334 - 06/02/14 07:30 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

id pay $10k to get my dog back.

i miss her too much :sad:

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: Would you clone your pet? [Re: P-O]
    #734350 - 06/02/14 10:31 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

No. Then you have to spend twice the money to take care of them.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Would you clone your pet? [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #734356 - 06/03/14 01:16 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I voted no but the reason is that they have already proven that cloned animals have their own personality. Now as Deadkndys420 said if the clone was to act exactly the same I still don't think I'd go for it. Even though the animal would be exactly the same it still would be a different dog and not my original friend. I think it would feel more like I was raising his son rather then having him back. (and I am already raising his son :wink: ).

Interesting question.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisibledrawde
Re: Would you clone your pet? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #734361 - 06/03/14 04:00 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, but my pet is a mushroom :grin:

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Would you clone your pet? [Re: drawde]
    #734535 - 06/03/14 08:17 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I voted no...pets are a package deal. The physical animal and the unique personality/experiences that make up the relationship b/w you and your pet.

Death means that the original physical being is no more, this also carries the personality and unique experiences associated with said pet. You may get your physical pet back but it won't be the same pet that you grew up with or raised.

Besides, if you could just recreate amazing experiences and relationships like pet ownership, they would become a dime-a-dozen, and dilute the value of such a strong yet short-lived experience. I have lost several dogs, cats, horses, pigs, goats, etc. throughout my relatively short life. Most of them were rescues, but some of them I raised myself. They were all unique and awesome in their own way, and while the experience is short-lived, they were all worth it, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Once a chapter is over, its over...and for me its time to start a new chapter that is just as awesome and unique as the last one. :pipesmoke:

But that's just me...I can also see the appeal of bringing back a pet. Loss hurts like hell, so its perfectly justified to want a lost pet back. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Would you clone your pet? [Re: Data]
    #734611 - 06/04/14 10:21 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

My little ferrets are all their own animals, I could never replace these little furries.

I'll never have the same joy as I had holding my first little kit in my hands, and then having it sleep in the crook of my neck.

I mean he's never been that lazy since he grew up, but I love the little guy. I mean who's to say his clone would enjoy licking the inside of my nose as much as him!

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: Would you clone your pet? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #734638 - 06/04/14 02:28 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

when the fuck are we gonna start cloning people?

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Would you clone your pet? [Re: Data]
    #734642 - 06/04/14 03:03 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
I voted no...pets are a package deal. The physical animal and the unique personality/experiences that make up the relationship b/w you and your pet.

Death means that the original physical being is no more, this also carries the personality and unique experiences associated with said pet. You may get your physical pet back but it won't be the same pet that you grew up with or raised.

Besides, if you could just recreate amazing experiences and relationships like pet ownership, they would become a dime-a-dozen, and dilute the value of such a strong yet short-lived experience. I have lost several dogs, cats, horses, pigs, goats, etc. throughout my relatively short life. Most of them were rescues, but some of them I raised myself. They were all unique and awesome in their own way, and while the experience is short-lived, they were all worth it, and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Once a chapter is over, its over...and for me its time to start a new chapter that is just as awesome and unique as the last one. :pipesmoke:

But that's just me...I can also see the appeal of bringing back a pet. Loss hurts like hell, so its perfectly justified to want a lost pet back. :shrug:

Very well put.

I wouldn't clone my dog personally, It would be him but.... not him.

I love my dog/animals to death but I wouldnt just want their shell, I would want their personalities and memories and everything back to the same

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale