Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinei spit blood
Stranger
Easiest method for my first grow?
    #732539 - 05/21/14 06:42 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Whats the easiest method for growing my first pot plants?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Easiest method for my first grow? [Re: i spit blood]
    #732551 - 05/21/14 06:58 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Your question is a little too broad to provide tailored advice.  We don't know if you are starting from seed or clone, can grow outdoors or are planning to grow indoors in a constrained space, if you're also curious about various light setups, etc.

Simplest answer: Soil

Slightly more comprehensive answer: Start with a female clone, transplant into a 5 gallon container filled with Fox Farm "Ocean Forest" soil blend.  Keep moist.  In two to four weeks, ensure that plants receive 12 hours of consistent darkness per day in order to begin flowering.  The Ocean Forest soil has enough nutrients to carry the plants through to harvest and garner some respectable bud, though ultimately you will want to supplement additional nutrients for the best possible harvest (in terms of both product quality and yield).

Do yourself a favor and pick up Jorge Cervantes' book: Marijuana Horticulture.  It will serve as a valuable reference while you figure out what the heck you're doing.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinei spit blood
Stranger
Re: Easiest method for my first grow? [Re: geokills]
    #732553 - 05/21/14 07:02 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

i wanna grow it indoor?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Easiest method for my first grow? [Re: i spit blood]
    #732584 - 05/21/14 09:53 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Easiest way for lighting indoors is LED, if you buy a decent one. They are expensive, much more expensive than other lighting, but setup and operation is easier, you can get by with less ventilation and stress on the plant.

Now with that said, Don't just by one, the stuff on the market is 99% garbage that will take your money and grow less bud. If your not concerned about yield or density then there are a few cheap fixtures that will do the job. I bought my first LED (a cheaply made fixture) for $300 and got I think 4.5oz off a few plants with decent bud, but not as large or dense as other lights would do.

Are you trying for indoor or outdoor?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Easiest method for my first grow? [Re: i spit blood] * 1
    #732608 - 05/22/14 09:03 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with phycho about the LED's.  Bigger up front investment in exchange for a tremendous reduction in hassle as it pertains to maintaining the proper temperature in an indoor grow room (thus reducing stress and transpiration/water loss from your plants), as well as avoiding having to replace any bulbs.  I have been satisfied with the Advanced LED Lights 200w Diamond Series.  To note, I have also used 250w and 400w HPS lights in my day and do not see any reason to go back to them.

Depending on how involved you want to get, I would also recommend using a grow tent, since you want to maintain a fairly isolated environment for your plants in order to protect them from bugs and other contaminants (i.e. pets/dust/light leakage/etc).  Of course, with an enclosed tent, you will need some ventilation to provide air exchange for the plants.  This can be accomplished through a small in-line duct fan that will exhaust air from your tent in conjunction with a small oscillating clip-on fan that can move the air around inside your tent.  I personally am a fan of Gorilla Grow Tents, though you I am sure you can get away with less expensive options if cost is an issue.

In the very least, go buy that book I recommended above, Marijuana Horticulture.  It provides an excellent basic understanding for growing marijuana, and will also get really deep into the details if you really take the time to study it.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order