Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepyronym
Stranger

help on first grow
    #551601 - 04/28/11 11:47 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have 5 seedlings from bag seed

4 of the plants have long medium width leaves one plant has wider leaves and is a little darker.

The plants are currently in a mixture of coir 30% coarse vermiculite 30% leafgro organic compost Maryland Environmental Service :: Leafgro 30% perlite 9% and about 1% gypusm.

The plants are currently about an inch under 2 2 tube 4 foot t8 shoplite 32 watt 6500k 2750 lumens running about 16 on 8 off timed

I am planning on using an unused bathroom for my grow closet 4x2 usable space with a window that I can black out and use for exhaust.  I need to find some sort of cheap blower and build a carbon filter.

I've read a lot of info but there are so many different methods it's just a lot to take in.
I am pretty much set on using the t8 fixtures as they are cheap and easily available/mountable/adjustable.  I pick them up at walmart for 10 a pop.  I was thinking at full size I could use 3 fixtures on each long side 1 upright on each shortside and 2 hanging and adjusted from above.  As  the plants grow I plan on just slightly widening the area as needed and as they grow taller adding a set of lights to each side.  Should I add in a warm bulb here and there so they get a fuller spectrum or maybe one of the 5k bulbs here and there.  I would guess that if I used a couple of the 5 k bulbs then when I put the plants in flowering I could just leave them in and replace all the 6500k with warm.

So does this sound like it might be doable?  Also what kind of reading should I do any of your favorite links?

Will my soil work will I have to add nutes?  I do plan to repot fairly frequently doing a little root trimming as I repot.  I already have my fourth node on the first plant that popped so I'm going to top it when I see the fifth set of leaves.

The leaves on the one on the bottom left have a little yellow on them but it's been like that since it sprouted.  I think it's because it sprouted upside down and I had to flip it and repot

Back right is the first seedling it seems to want to stretch more than the rest I've moved my lights so that they are now about 3 inches away

I do think it's amazing how it went from 2 single leaves to 2 3 blade leaves to 2 five blade leaves.

The tall one is the one that sprouted first 4/14 the rest were all within the next couple/few days.

Thanks,
Tom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds