Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHime
Stranger

Friend is dieing.
    #732153 - 05/19/14 04:08 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Looking for some info, not sure where to find it, but i'm still in the process of researching.

heres the deal, and I don't have all the details yet.

My old friend that I haven't seen since I was young has stage four liver disease and needs a transplant. He's on medications that I'm not sure of but one of them is a very strong narcotic, maybe oxy. he's been on it daily for a year. there are other medications here's taking too, which im trying to figure out.

he is retired military getting VA 100% benefits. being military he cannot seek cannabis or he could risk getting his benefits dropped if tested positive or so he thinks.

I found this comment online

"Our staff spoke with a Veterans Coordinator at a VA facility about random drug testing. He assured me that there is only random drug testing for veterans that have signed a “Narcotics Agreement,” because they are medically prescribed certain drugs.

There are two reasons for the random drug testing when you are on medication: to make sure there are no other drugs in your system other than what has been prescribed, and to make sure the medication is in your system. Some veterans might not be taking their medication. Some veterans might be at risk from a combination of medications they are not telling their doctor about.

A drug test or pill count, can be given at anytime if your behavior is suspicious while taking the medication.

If you fail a random drug test, you will be taken off the medication currently prescribed but you can still receive health care from the VA for other matters."-wondering then if its worth the risk... but that is just a random comment ive yet to verify.

I'm really wanting to help him try to taper off the drugs and get eligible for this fucking liver.

Kratom came to mind, but I don't know if I can trust it given its lack of thorough research.. atleast that I can find... plus all the possible variables make me concerned. and i'm not sure what else hes taking yet, or even what exactly is preventing the transplant... waiting for those answers.. but I figure he should get off these strong narcotics with such a compromised liver.

I thought of CBD but I cant find a ratio that doesn't contain a small amount of thc. Id hate for him to get popped and lose his health coverage but he's withering away by the second and it completely looks hopeless. Medicine may prevent transplant but medicine prevents the excruciating pain.

given that it is the liver that is impaired, i'm wondering will he even be able to metabolize the thc out of his body like a normal functioning system would?

say he gets away with the testing and miraculously the CBD helps him get off the narcotics and he gets off the medicines needed for the transplant. gets off the CBD and gives some time for the metabolites to expel, maybe a month even though the ratio is ridiculously small 1/30th or so.

then he gets tested for the transplant.. crossing fingers that his body was able to expel and that they don't go for a hair sample. not sure how sensitive the test would be or what type of test or if thc would be included.

just at shit's end here. need help or advice of some manner

thought maybe milk thistle or pure quality silymarin extract may help, maybe some organic flax seed... idk just trying to get him somewhere and out of this rut.

thanks in advance..

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Edited by Hime (05/19/14 04:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Friend is dieing. [Re: Hime]
    #732157 - 05/19/14 04:19 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Whats a 'small percentage' to you?

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Friend is dieing. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #732158 - 05/19/14 04:23 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

If you can get Charlotte's Web it is probably the strain you are looking for with a "0.01% THC and CBD 10.00% ".

I hear its a clone only in CO. So I wouldn't put too much faith in that hyperlink.

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: Friend is dieing. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #732162 - 05/19/14 04:32 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Ty for the reply, I will look into the strain and see if anyone is carrying it nearby. best I can find is a 30:1 tincture.  better if he tries something then just sitting here conceded.

--------------------

OfflineHime
Stranger

#732227 - 05/20/14 10:44 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

so, it is the pain meds keeping him from being eligible for transplant.

may be a little hopeful thinking, thinking that CBD could even substitute... or if anything really could.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#732271 - 05/20/14 05:38 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Don't think there's anything that has ONLY cbd.

I have yet to see any proof that charlettes web exists. Though ACxDC might be what it's called now. Sin city is soon to have the highest CBD strains in seed form.

I doubt he'll actually be drug tested. They barely give veterans assistance so I can't imagine they would spend that kind of money drug testing them. That's actually kind of silly that they would test veterans considering a lot of the older veterans are on cocktails of prescription medication that are way stronger than most recreational drugs.

Edited by Midgetpawn (05/20/14 05:46 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Friend is dieing. [Re: Midgetpawn] * 1
    #732281 - 05/20/14 06:06 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I have yet to see any proof that charlettes web exists.

The strain was developed by 5 brothers in CO. They are the Stanley brothers. They own a few dispensaries and have some fairly large breeding areas.

Check out their site and let them hear your story

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Friend is dieing. [Re: Magash]
    #732371 - 05/20/14 07:39 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

I have yet to see any proof that charlettes web exists.

The strain was developed by 5 brothers in CO. They are the Stanley brothers. They own a few dispensaries and have some fairly large breeding areas.

Check out their site and let them hear your story

:happyweed:

Oh sorry I didn't mean that as literal as it probably came off. I just mean that the genetics aren't really available anywhere. Would be nice if the genetic holders would actually make it available for the sick and dying children/adults who could actually benefit from it.

Btw ACxCD is a pheno of DNA's Cannatonic apparently. said to be 22:1 CBD:THC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals