Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Magash]
    #744780 - 08/22/14 10:41 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
You know I've been using Silica Blast but most likely will switch to the GH stuff. The powdered stuff sounds good also but I don't use silica that often only if there is a chance of heat stress otherwise I don't have a need for it. (When lazy if the silica is near by and the ph up isn't and I need to raise the ph I'll grab the silica blast. 1 tsp per gallon raises the ph by a point.)

:happyweed:

silica helps with heat?.. how do you know when heat is effecting your plnts cus its hot where I have my room and I still get decent buds.  :shrug:

i mean the symptoms of heat stress are?  a link would be cool cus im getting mixed info when I search..  :smirk:

I run 1 big 15gal dwc set up and my room temps fluctuate from 70 up to 95*F :eek:

I know if my water gets too warm it will cook the roots but it hasnt happened yet.  :strokebeard:

this thread has already helped me tweak a few things that helped a ton :rockon:

:bonghit2:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: 13buds]
    #744784 - 08/22/14 11:34 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

i mean the symptoms of heat stress are?

Leaves look like this

Quote:

my room temps fluctuate from 70 up to 95*F

No big deal. People say that 95f is to high and the plants won't grow. We call those people retards. :tard:  Now if the plants couldn't grow in those temps Mendocino County wouldn't have buds same with Humboldt.

Quote:

I know if my water gets too warm it will cook the roots but it hasnt happened yet.

Unless you keep your DWC in a black bucket on the backyard deck then this isn't going to be a problem.

Quote:

say, the quart bottles of the fox farm last you when you chose to use that for your grow?

They lasted for 2 reservoir fills.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #744785 - 08/22/14 12:08 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

:greenthumb::leafsmoke:

:thanx:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
    #744787 - 08/22/14 12:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Damn. That's 50 bucks every other fill. Shit.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: TribalSeed]
    #744789 - 08/22/14 02:27 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TribalSeed said:

The Quart bottles sell for 18 bucks here.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Magash] * 1
    #744833 - 08/22/14 09:38 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

TribalSeed said:

The Quart bottles sell for 18 bucks here.

I have only bought the trio so far. Its pretty much 55 bucks around here. Buy it online, the shipping raises it from 50 to 55, and if you buy it locally it runs usually 54 with tax bringing it to 55 something.

I actually just found out I got a job at a local grow shop. I was searching around for something more local than 2 hours away for my supplies. Couldn't find OF anywhere around here.

Low and behold about 20 minutes from my house sits a quiet little grow shop. Not even advertised in the yellow pages. WTF? I went in and got to talking with the guy who owned the place, asking him how long it had been there and shit, then got into some of the products. After I payed for my shit he asked me if I was looking for work and I told him its funny he asked cause I have been out of a job for awhile.

Basically he gave me the position on the spot. No UAs, doesn't give a shit how long my hair is. Its a dream job. Talk about gardening and products and shit all day and actually be able to direct people towards products that work and aren't just hype.

Sorry if it sounds like bragging, just extremely excited. I am behind on bills and everything, shit was starting to struggle around here and out of nowhere Jah blesses me with such an opportunity.

I'm definitely thankful. I'll probably be hitting you up for advice on products we carry and shit if ya don't mind Mag?

I start Monday, so wish me luck.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744846 - 08/22/14 10:05 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Grats on the job! I live in the most densely populated area in the US(tri state) and there's not a grow shop for 50+ miles of me.

Be sure to secure yourself more than you might otherwise. I have a feeling grow shop employees get hassled at some point. maybe not

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #744858 - 08/22/14 11:48 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
Grats on the job! I live in the most densely populated area in the US(tri state) and there's not a grow shop for 50+ miles of me.

Be sure to secure yourself more than you might otherwise. I have a feeling grow shop employees get hassled at some point. maybe not

Yeah I had that feeling too. So I'm not gonna be carrying anything when I go to work. Not worth risking. I have even considered toning my grow down even more, but I think that's a bit of paranoia.

Just gotta maintain man. Thanks for the congrats.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #744874 - 08/23/14 02:47 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I'm definitely thankful. I'll probably be hitting you up for advice on products we carry and shit if ya don't mind Mag?

Hit me up as often as you want, if I can't answer questions then I shouldn't be a mod.

Quote:

I have a feeling grow shop employees get hassled at some point. maybe not

Nah, you won't catch any shit. Way to many grow shops for them to try another operation green merchant. (that's what the cops called it in the early 90s when they did grow shop stings. This may not be true in states that are non-medical).

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744899 - 08/23/14 08:35 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'm just thinking about rogue douchebag cops looking for easy collars and to entrap people. I wouldn't turn down the job, but I wouldn't even suggest I grow to anyone and I personally would probably make up a story that potentially diverts attention from me.

Just now I received something in the mail from a hydro shop, and I always worry liquids sent via usps might arouse suspicion in my mailman so I googled the return address, which came up with a story about the shop having been raided by dea/state police and their being hidden cameras recording everything that went on in the shop and how supposedly they were going after customers. It was 2nd hand information, but still. Just be careful is all I'm saying.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#744938 - 08/23/14 04:35 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Oh hey I meant to ask if you've ever used Jack's professional fertilizers, magash? I don't mean the small oldschool tub, but specifically the large "professional" 25lb bags, which are a tiny bit different. Or even the hydro stuff, which seems to require that the grower know what they are doing. it's something like 2$ a pound for that stuff

Edit:apparently buying JR PETERS fertilizers puts you on some govt list of potential terrorists because of the nitrates or someting

Edited by Midgetpawn (09/07/14 10:11 AM)

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#745020 - 08/23/14 10:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I live in a non-medical state. I used to go to st.louis for my supplies, but it was 3 hours away and the last time I went, not 2 days after they had a bust on the news talking about how they followed him home from the grow store and busted his grow and shit.
I started going to Nashville after that.

Now I aint gotta leave my state. Fuck yeah.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #745048 - 08/24/14 07:11 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Oh hey I meant to ask if you've ever used Jack's professional fertilizers, magash?

You know I haven't given them a try yet but have heard a lot of good news about them and nothing bad. The numbers on some of their stuff are kind of funky but I think that 20-20-20 stuff would be perfect for plants that are just going into flower since I like to use a 50/50 mix the first two weeks of flowering.

Price on the stuff is pretty fucking good That's for sure. Beats the $189 I'm paying for 50lbs of Maxi but right now I'm liking the Maxi series stuff to much to switch at the moment. The stuff is just making my life easy as hell right now. Since I started using it I have only had to adjust the ph one time. Even then I was pretty much just coming up with a excuse to use up the bottom of a Silica Blast bottle so I can buy more. (I like to use silica blast as a ph up)

--------------------

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#745581 - 08/29/14 09:39 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

yes you only need maxibloom in all parts of growth do you use 7 grams per galon of water
heres the whole maxibloom thread from icmag
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645
the KISS method :thumbup:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: shagdawg420]
    #745587 - 08/29/14 10:34 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shagdawg420 said:
yes you only need maxibloom in all parts of growth do you use 7 grams per galon of water
heres the whole maxibloom thread from icmag
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191645
the KISS method :thumbup:

Yeah I posted that link earlier in this thread it's a good read. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#745589 - 08/29/14 11:18 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

oh shit sorry ya it is

--------------------
HUSTLER

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: shagdawg420]
    #745625 - 08/29/14 04:10 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'd be using this stuff if I was still growing in soil. Wish they'd make a coco specific nute this easy and cheap.

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap, works killer, and it's easy to use [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #745629 - 08/29/14 05:03 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Wouldn't you need to supplement nitrogen when using maxibloom alone during growth phase? I don't entirely understand how you could use "just" maxibloom

anyway I like this stuff the more I look into it. In hindsight, this would have been a great thing to start growing with.

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#745691 - 08/30/14 10:30 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
I'd be using this stuff if I was still growing in soil. Wish they'd make a coco specific nute this easy and cheap.

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
Wouldn't you need to supplement nitrogen when using maxibloom alone during growth phase? I don't entirely understand how you could use "just" maxibloom

anyway I like this stuff the more I look into it. In hindsight, this would have been a great thing to start growing with.

just read that icmag thread and you will understand

--------------------
HUSTLER

Offlinewebster10

#745699 - 08/30/14 12:30 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:

Well it  has an N value of 5. Only 1% below FF grow big. Pretty sure it's more N than PBP gro as well.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale