Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesloantbone
Spirit Entity on Tour
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
If I put a flowering plant which has been feminized (male and female parts) will it still seed?
    #731354 - 05/13/14 12:58 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Here is the scenario

Say I was to have grown some plants indoors under hps (1000 watts) and sprayed them with colloidal silver and they are just about ready to start to drop some pollen.

Would it be ok to move the plants outside into a shady part of my yard and let the plants continue to flower and finish their grow cycle?

Note the plants are NOT auto flower. They are ipot, critical kush and Northern light.

It is spring time here in Ontario Canada and I doubt we are going to have anymore frost. I was just going to set them outside in the back yard under the big trees. No direct sunlight will hit them, only diffused or indirect.

The two main worries I have are:

1. Would the sunlight kill the plants?

2. Would the plants stop flowering and/ or producing pollen and go back into veg mode?

Plants have been flowering for 3 1/2 weeks.

thanks guys for any feedback or advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: If I put a flowering plant which has been feminized (male and female parts) will it still seed? [Re: sloantbone]
    #731357 - 05/13/14 01:02 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Well the sunlight wont kill them.  But you should slowly acclimate them to the outside climate.  And a shady area is not ideal for Marijuana.

And yes they will revert back to a vegetative state.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesloantbone
Spirit Entity on Tour
Male

Re: If I put a flowering plant which has been feminized (male and female parts) will it still seed? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #731363 - 05/13/14 01:37 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

my experience ( which is a wee bit) is that whenever I have tried to move a plant into sunlight from hps, most of the leaves die off, and it has to grow a whole new set.

So that was my idea of keeping it in a shady spot in the yard for a week or two until it pollinates, and them I was going to move the plant back inside under the lights to finish its run.

My thoughts are is perhaps every day around 5pm, I will just put a large plastic garbage can over the plant until after sunset and then take it off.

My hope is to get the bees to do the handy work.

think it will work>?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: If I put a flowering plant which has been feminized (male and female parts) will it still seed? [Re: sloantbone]
    #731372 - 05/13/14 02:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

It sounds like you are over complicating this whole thing.  Just leave it inside dude.  Throw a fan in the room, the plant will pollinate itself.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesloantbone
Spirit Entity on Tour
Male

Re: If I put a flowering plant which has been feminized (male and female parts) will it still seed? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #731377 - 05/13/14 03:08 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have five different kinds of plants feminizing, so I am trying to keep them separate so I can get some seeds and pollen.

It's only for three weeks. After 3 weeks the last of the reg. harvest will be done.

Of course we all just talking hypothetically. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies