Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
Bag seed grow outdoors
    #729167 - 05/03/14 11:44 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Been a daily smoker for nearly a decade now so I decided I'd try my hand at growing. Over the past year I have been saving bag seeds with the dream of planting them. On April 23rd I planted 4 seeds to a pot (I know plants need much more room than this, but I had planned to let the plants grow for a few weeks and then leave only the healthiest plant to each pot and remove the others in the pot. I planted 12, and unfortunately only 2 have sprouted. I'm unsure if any others will sprout but at this point I'm doubtful. Still, 2 is better than none I suppose. My only worry is how close the plants are to the edge of the pots. Will this cause any problems in their growth? I plan to update this log every few days. :potleaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Bag seed grow outdoors [Re: i_enjoy_marijuana]
    #729271 - 05/03/14 06:32 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

you can always CAREFULLY scoop up each seedling and move em to the center of their own pot.

Just scoop the clump of dirt below the roots, and repot it in the middle of a pot.

As long as u dont fuck up the roots it should work out good for u.

Offlinescrapske
Stranger

Re: Bag seed grow outdoors [Re: P-O]
    #729416 - 05/04/14 03:33 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

yeh id suggest moving them into their own pots before the roots start to grow bigger and mesh into eachother

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
Re: Bag seed grow outdoors [Re: scrapske]
    #729438 - 05/04/14 11:03 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the suggestion guys. just moved the girls to the middle of the pots a few minutes ago. I'm surprised only 2 seeds sprouted, since all 12 germinated very quickly. At the same time though I'm happy that only these two popped up, since it is my first time growing. It'll be much easier to focus all my attention on to just two plants versus 12

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
    #729446 - 05/04/14 12:21 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

One important question I have is at what point would it be ideal to remove the plants from their pots to a new location? I need to eventually move them directly into the ground in a more secure location, but this location would not receive as much direct sunlight as where they are now. At this point I'm just trying to get them established and healthy. At roughly how many weeks would it be OK to relocate them to a new spot with a few less hours of light? I don't want to wait until the roots are too established.

Edited by i_enjoy_marijuana (05/04/14 02:31 PM)

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
    #729930 - 05/06/14 04:37 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

My girls are just a day shy of 2 weeks old today. How are they looking? Sorry for the poor picture quality, I was in a rush.

Edited by i_enjoy_marijuana (05/10/14 11:14 AM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #729985 - 05/06/14 10:33 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

They look pretty good for two weeks, but i might hope for more growth by now...but mine would probably look similar...how many hours of light per day are they receiving?

You probably wont need to transplant from that size of a pot for quite a while and if you do you risk damaging the root system...Your seedlings will get a great start in such a big pot but I would let the roots develop into all of the soil so that when you take them out of the pots the roots are holding all the soil together, if you take them out before that you could lose chunks of soil and they can take long roots with them. Some people like to transplant when the soil is slightly dry because it tends to form a rootball when you do that...but I like to transplant when the roots have filled the whole container and then water lightly before I transplant so that the roots are fully hydrated but I'm also not losing any chunks of soil.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
Re: Bag seed grow outdoors [Re: Doc]
    #730085 - 05/07/14 11:00 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doc said:
They look pretty good for two weeks, but i might hope for more growth by now...but mine would probably look similar...how many hours of light per day are they receiving?

You probably wont need to transplant from that size of a pot for quite a while and if you do you risk damaging the root system...Your seedlings will get a great start in such a big pot but I would let the roots develop into all of the soil so that when you take them out of the pots the roots are holding all the soil together, if you take them out before that you could lose chunks of soil and they can take long roots with them. Some people like to transplant when the soil is slightly dry because it tends to form a rootball when you do that...but I like to transplant when the roots have filled the whole container and then water lightly before I transplant so that the roots are fully hydrated but I'm also not losing any chunks of soil.

Thanks! Do they look like they haven't developed as much as they should have or are they a decent size?

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #730128 - 05/07/14 12:18 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Your plant is going to take forever to grow. I did the same.thing last year,used nothing but the sun from seed. And ended up with a 3 foot plant and a little under 12 grams I think. I would put it under a t5 or at the very.least. Some cfls.

:2cents:

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
Re: Bag seed grow outdoors [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #730132 - 05/07/14 12:48 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Your plant is going to take forever to grow. I did the same.thing last year,used nothing but the sun from seed. And ended up with a 3 foot plant and a little under 12 grams I think. I would put it under a t5 or at the very.least. Some cfls.

:2cents:

Anything I can do to speed up growth naturally outdoors? Like certain fertilizers etc?

Edited by i_enjoy_marijuana (05/07/14 05:19 PM)

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
    #730133 - 05/07/14 12:49 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Also, what can I do to maximize yield?

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #730669 - 05/09/14 07:59 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

You could get a basic veg fertilizer. I use foxfarm so I would recommend that brand. Try the grow big, tiger bloom, or big bloom. Grow big has micronutrients and a good nPK ratio for vegging. If you do use a fertilizer make sure it has all the micronutrients including magnesium and iron, manganese copper and zinc. If you don't have a hydroshop near you try getting some kelp fertilizer, it has very low NPK numbers and a good balance of micronutrients. To maximize yields look into low stress training, topping or FIMing, staking and trellising, pruning and making sure your plants get at least 6  hours of full sun everyday, but hopefully closer to 10-14 hours direct sun everyday. Also make sure to your soil has a good pH and plenty of added manure or compost if you are going directly into your outside soil, and fertilize with a complete organic fertilizer every couple of weeks (for outdoor in the natural soil).

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
Re: Bag seed grow outdoors [Re: Doc]
    #730890 - 05/10/14 11:31 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Day 17. More sets of leaves starting to show!:cool:

My plants got their first rain yesterday. It rained almost nonstop for about 10 hours, so I don't think they'll need much watering for a couple of days at least. I'll be headed to Home Depot sometime in the near future to buy some Fox Farm Grow Big fert. to help them out a bit.

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
    #730893 - 05/10/14 11:43 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

The only concern I have is with the plant in the second pic. If you look in the second pic of my above post, you will see some browning on the very tips of the leaves and the tip of the bottom leaf is even missing. Any ideas on the issue?

OfflineNormlizer
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #730894 - 05/10/14 11:48 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Its still young it should be fine.

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
    #730898 - 05/10/14 11:55 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Also, I see some white, very tiny dots on one of the plants. Are mites already a possibility or is it too early to worry about that?

OfflineNormlizer
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #730912 - 05/10/14 01:29 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

i think mite can hit anytime.  Mites are no joke:frown:

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
Re: Bag seed grow outdoors [Re: Normlizer]
    #731474 - 05/14/14 11:36 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Well, about 2 days ago some holes appeared in my plant. Since then only more have appeared. My other plant seems fine, but this one keeps getting holes in it's two oldest leaves. Any ideas why? It did rain heavily recently, and it was their first time outside in the rain. Don't know if that would help you any.

Edited by i_enjoy_marijuana (05/14/14 11:37 AM)

OfflineNormlizer
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #731612 - 05/15/14 06:44 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Looks like some kind of bug is getting to it.  Might wanna try some neem oil on your plants.

Offlinei_enjoy_marijuana
Stranger
Re: Bag seed grow outdoors [Re: Normlizer]
    #731891 - 05/17/14 09:12 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Just caught the culprit I think. Some type of worm. Guess I'll head to the store later and get some neem. I moved the potted plant a few yards away. Right now I'm using a homemade pesticide. Vegetable oil, dishwasher soap, and water.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck