Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Transplanting Houseplant In Coco
    #77988 - 07/10/08 04:29 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Well, we recently received a cool houseplant. The container it was in was very small and it was obviously root-bound, and it has been losing leaves. Since we also recently picked up some growing supplies for cannabis, we figured we might as well give it a nice transplant. If anyone can ID this plant, it would be much appreciated. We'll be finding a good forum on houseplants to find out because we want to know more about its optimal growing conditions so we can give them to it. :smile:

Here the plant is before the transplant.

First time ever working with coco, so soaking the brick and breaking it apart was a lot of fun. We toked on a nice joint filled with hash, so it was definitely a great experience. :craven:

The container we transplanted the plant into was 16 liters, and the coco bricks were said to be 10 liters each, so we had to break apart two of them. The second time was easier because we knew it was safe to let it soak on its own for a few minutes without spilling out of the container or something (wasn't sure if the container was big enough to hold it all the first time through). I got my hands dirty the first time and PipesmokerElf did the second time. :grin:

Gave the coco once it was all in the pot a nice flush. We were definitely impressed by how arable and malleable it is - the roots are going to love it. :yesnod: Somehow two ten liter blocks of coco ended up just a little less than filling a 16 liter pot, so I'm not sure which measurement was off. We kept the coco as loose as possible in the container, so it isn't as though it was due to being too compacted or anything. :shrug: Anyways, here's the plant in its new home:

Today we'll get the pH meter fired up and see what it is in there, and give it a light dose of coco nutrients so the plant will receive a boost while the roots go exploring for moisture and nutrients, soaking up all that oxygen the coco so ably provides in the meantime. As soon as we find out more about what the plant needs, we'll start adjusting the pH to the plant's optimal level and the nutrients as well. As soon as possible, we'll be providing it was a CFL lamp with the appropriate amount of lumens and color temperature. We may experiment with providing CO2 for it as well, trying out the ole' sugar-water and yeast trick.

So, this will be the grow log of this, as of yet, mystery plant as we explore how coco will contribute to its development. The plan, first and foremost, is to not kill it :lol:, but really though, the goal is to keep maximizing its growth, giving it an ideal environment for this to happen. Also, look forward to seeing our cannabis grow log, which will be created in the next few days.
:super:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Transplanting Houseplant In Coco [Re: Sirius]
    #77994 - 07/10/08 05:39 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

it's a jade plant, and a nice one at that

the cool thing about these is you can propagate it simply by breaking off leaves and putting them on top of the soil.  they will sprout their own roots and begin growing again.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Re: Transplanting Houseplant In Coco [Re: Yrat]
    #78092 - 07/10/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the ID and also for the compliment. Before we picked it up it was sitting out on a patio in the countryside, so I'm sure that helped it grow. :smile:

I've read that they can get about four feet tall and four feet wide, so I'm hoping we'll get it there and push it a little further. :hehehe:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #89034 - 07/20/08 11:22 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

that's a nice plant

my aunt sally has a couple... now I know what it's called! woot!

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinegoose847
Newport 100's God
Male

Loc: NY Flag
    #649965 - 12/07/12 03:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i collect jade plants!!

--------------------
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Transplanting Houseplant In Coco [Re: goose847]
    #649971 - 12/07/12 03:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, bumping 4 year old threads with nothing pertinent to say is not acceptable.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineNardael
LabLover

Loc: North Pole
Re: Transplanting Houseplant In Coco [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #725525 - 04/11/14 04:40 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Haha, why not if he loves them? :P

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: Transplanting Houseplant In Coco [Re: Nardael]
    #725527 - 04/11/14 05:37 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

And you just bumped a 1 year, 4 month thread with even less to contribute. But I have to admit I don't give a fuck.

--------------------

OfflineNardael
LabLover

Loc: North Pole
Re: Transplanting Houseplant In Coco [Re: Harry_Ba11sach] * 1
    #725659 - 04/12/14 11:54 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Btw, not to troll the forum, but why couldn't a discussion re-emerge years later or something? I find the guys reaction really rude...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder