Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Airborne cat hair/dust
    #719588 - 03/06/14 04:43 PM (10 years, 25 days ago)

I've been having some issues with random hairs and shit floating around all the time.  Basically when I open up my tent the negative pressure sucks all the hairs and dust floating around the room right into the tent, where it usually settles on the leaves.  These plants are still in veg so it's not a terrible issue just yet but I'm not even going to attempt to flower these with that happening.  I definitely need a solution before then, I'm not doing all this work for hairy buds.

Any recommendations for getting most of that shit out of the air?  Obviously most of it is coming from the cat but I can see it fly in there every single time I open the tent to take a look.  Do I need to run like 2-3 purifiers in that room or something?  I sorta figured the filter would catch it but it doesn't seem to pull hard enough to get the hairs all the way to it.  Plus, if I'm not venting air in from outside (if it's hot outside I stop doing this) I have to vent it from in the same room where the hair is flying around.

:zomgwtf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Airborne cat hair/dust [Re: Inocuole]
    #719590 - 03/06/14 05:03 PM (10 years, 25 days ago)

shave the cat :lol:

well if its going through your vent (and being blown back in the room), you could maybe put some sort of screen on the end and see if that collects the hair.

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Airborne cat hair/dust [Re: P-O]
    #719592 - 03/06/14 05:25 PM (10 years, 25 days ago)

It's certainly not being blown back into the main room once it goes into the tent.  I would have to specify a single intake duct and then filter that wouldn't I?

Also, that doesn't really stop the hair from coming in when I open it to water and check things out.  I would probably have to turn off the fan completely to equalize pressure before going in there, which would be a super pain in the ass every time.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #719608 - 03/06/14 07:00 PM (10 years, 25 days ago)

I built an air filter for when I have to pull in outside air.

Using a cardboard box that a square fan came in and a few various grades of furnace filters, a vent attachment, some foam weather stripping and velco. You could make your own out of cardboard to any size. The filters come in various sizes and are available at walmart and home depot and such.

The green are pre filters that I've taped together to take up that extra volume in the box, then the arm-n-hammer filter that collects a bunch of stuff, and then that dupont filter that collects just about everything--the other filters are there merely to extend the life of the dupont filter. Those filters are $4/4 pre filters, $8 for the arm and hammer, $17 for the dupont.

That would work well on your tent input, or just running in the room that the tent is in should help.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Airborne cat hair/dust [Re: phychotron]
    #719613 - 03/06/14 07:20 PM (10 years, 25 days ago)

That's a pretty neat idea, I was thinking about utilizing my regular air filter for the AC/ventilation since I have an extra, but I'd need another fan likely to make that useful in the room itself.

Do you guys have tents or rooms?  I can imagine a room is a little easier, the only real problem is that even if I filter my intake to the tent, as soon as I start unzipping it the vacuum pulls a giant amount of air through the main opening.  Like, about enough to pull hair off my clothes if there's any on them. (I know I'm supposed to wear clean clothes but have you ever lived with a long haired cat?) No filter can really stop that unless it's operating right next to the opening of the tent at a higher CFM than what the tent can pull.  That sounds noisy as fuck though.  I've gotten used to sleeping near the tent but I want to add as little additional noisy shit as possible.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #719648 - 03/06/14 11:21 PM (10 years, 25 days ago)

maybe turn your fans off before you open the tent? I have a cat and there are the occasional cat hairs but its never been a problem other than a few random strays which I usually get when trimming.

If you have an intake fan that is filtered and you turn the exhaust fan off, you will have positive pressure filtered air leaving the tent.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #719649 - 03/06/14 11:25 PM (10 years, 25 days ago)

You know you can usually get a lint roller at the dollar store that will help you out if your clothes are the culprit. Take you 3 seconds before you open the tent, keep the thing on the tent zipper to not forget it.

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Airborne cat hair/dust [Re: phychotron]
    #719657 - 03/07/14 04:19 AM (10 years, 24 days ago)

Ah, yeah I only have one 435 cfm inline fan that cools the reflector and pulls from the filter, so it's always got negative pressure.  I went out and got a box fan today because I needed one anyway and it seems to work fairly well if I place it in there with its back to the plants.  It pulls clean air past them to keep them cool and it causes most of the hairs and whatnot to stick on that outer pre-filter sock for the carbon filter, which is quite ideal.  I think that in addition to just vacuuming the shit out of that room and getting the lady to understand not to open the tent constantly to peek in there should keep it mostly safe, if not I'll just fucking pull every single hair out while harvesting and trimming.

Thanks for the input though, I definitely have some ideas if I need to get mad scientist with it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom