Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecyclonicthunder
Stranger
Feel like giving up
    #715294 - 02/15/14 01:57 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

This is my third attempt to start from seed. Someone suggested that a T8, especially the ones bought from department stores, isn't proper for growing, so I bought a T5 specifically for growing. I built a wooden contraption, made sure that mylar was on on the walls, and had the sprouts a few inches from the light in a mix of coco coir and perlite. At first it seemed great. The sprouts reached for the lights.

However, I woke up today, and the same old. The sprouts are flopped over and thin at the base. They look completely green and healthy, but maybe they got too high to support their own weight? (they were about two inches tall).

I feel like I suck at this, and should give up a hobby I can't do. Are these plants supposed to be this finnicky?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: Feel like giving up [Re: cyclonicthunder]
    #715307 - 02/15/14 02:45 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

some pics woudl help and also more info.. like what is the temp around the plant, how often do u water and how much and how big is the container the plant is in?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Feel like giving up [Re: cyclonicthunder]
    #715314 - 02/15/14 03:10 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

You over watered them and they got stem rot at the base. This is by far the most common way that people new to growing kill off their seedlings. I'm 99% sure that is what happen here.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates