Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

good additives
    #712801 - 02/07/14 11:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

just bought a 400 watt and a grow tent waiting for it to come in and next to take care of is the nutes and additives. i was using the technaflora line but wont have it anymore. Saw foxfarms soluble trio (open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching) and picked it up since they were very cheap(15$ 1lb). im still quite new to this hobby so im sticking with soil, fox farm ocean forest to be exact. any suggest/personal experiences/knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: good additives [Re: fortheloveofnature]
    #712806 - 02/08/14 12:11 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Silica is the best. I'm using Dyna Gro's Pro-tekt, but just about any silica product will help add strength to the plant, thicken the cell walls to keep bugs and mold from spreading, hardens it for heat/cold and makes the branches more rigid and able to support more weight.  Hands down the best additive you can use.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: good additives [Re: phychotron]
    #712808 - 02/08/14 12:19 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Silica is the best. I'm using Dyna Gro's Pro-tekt, but just about any silica product will help add strength to the plant, thicken the cell walls to keep bugs and mold from spreading, hardens it for heat/cold and makes the branches more rigid and able to support more weight.  Hands down the best additive you can use.

He done sold me on this stuff! Cant wait to start using it.
I use the fox farm trio with OF and so far so good, but I haven't yet finished flowering anything.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #712834 - 02/08/14 06:42 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fortheloveofnature said:
just bought a 400 watt and a grow tent waiting for it to come in and next to take care of is the nutes and additives. i was using the technaflora line but wont have it anymore. Saw foxfarms soluble trio (open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching) and picked it up since they were very cheap(15$ 1lb). im still quite new to this hobby so im sticking with soil, fox farm ocean forest to be exact. any suggest/personal experiences/knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Personally I'd stick with as much fox farm additives as possible. You'll definitely want a silica supplement as phychotron suggested which fox farm does not have in their line.

If you're interested in sticking to using FF's line I'd go with these......

grow big, Big bloom and tiger bloom .You're gonna feed Big bloom through veg and flower so It'd be a good idea to pick up a second bottle or go get a gallon of it.  Although you won't really need to feed your plants for 3 weeks or so with all the nutes that are already in ffof.

Microbe brew and Kangaroots would be good to additives to use as well. They're gonna keep your micro herd thriving and keep your root mass healthy.

Honestly since you're new to this I'd keep it simple and not go too crazy with adding additives from other lines. Personally I'd go with a silica supp and use the fox farm nutes I listed above.

When I used Fox Farm Nutes it dropped my ph significantly. Have you thought about how you're going to ph your water and nutrient solution?

If you're on a low budget GH's ph test kit would suit you just fine. And I think it's around 5 bucks.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: good additives [Re: TribalSeed]
    #712838 - 02/08/14 06:55 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Kind of a mind fuck trying to decide what additives you need. Although I really don't think you need anything besides something with a good NPK and micronutrients to grow a decent plant.

I'm new to the hobby too so I could be wrong about these, but from reading I gather the top things to have are Micronutrients(which often are included in 2 and 3 part main nutrients), a catalyst(like liquid karma, trinity or infinity, seaweed, cal/mag, some sort of endo mycorrhizae w bacteria if possible(not really necessary and can come form other additives or things like worm castings). Maybe Silica and B-1 vitamins too if needed. Personally I think worm casting/molasses/guano/kelp teas sound good for business. Besides that stuff I know there are enzymes, things like roots excelurator, amino acids, plant hormones and extract products, and a ton of other stuff. Oh and I guess if you don't have any humic acid in any additive you may need to do something with that, but IDK.

Just my interpretation of what's important for plant health. I'm sure people may have different opinions. Also my experience is limited.

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: good additives [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #712864 - 02/08/14 09:24 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

oh if you can try to pick up some peatmoss to cut teh fox farm soil wiht a little because the stuff is very hot and i found that mixing it is not has harsh/hard on new seedlings

noob

Re: good additives [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #712900 - 02/08/14 09:53 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

yea i been using a small bottle of simple path's soluble silica but will be running out soon . i already saw your other thread on silica supplementing. thanks man your always giving great help :jah:

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Quote:

fortheloveofnature said:

Personally I'd stick with as much fox farm additives as possible. You'll definitely want a silica supplement as phychotron suggested which fox farm does not have in their line.

If you're interested in sticking to using FF's line I'd go with these......

grow big, Big bloom and tiger bloom .You're gonna feed Big bloom through veg and flower so It'd be a good idea to pick up a second bottle or go get a gallon of it.  Although you won't really need to feed your plants for 3 weeks or so with all the nutes that are already in ffof.

Microbe brew and Kangaroots would be good to additives to use as well. They're gonna keep your micro herd thriving and keep your root mass healthy.

Honestly since you're new to this I'd keep it simple and not go too crazy with adding additives from other lines. Personally I'd go with a silica supp and use the fox farm nutes I listed above.

When I used Fox Farm Nutes it dropped my ph significantly. Have you thought about how you're going to ph your water and nutrient solution?

If you're on a low budget GH's ph test kit would suit you just fine. And I think it's around 5 bucks.

oops i shoulda told you i also bought foxfarms micro brew and sledge hammer. also obtained humboldt's county's (purple maxx , bushmaster, and Gravity) but i dont plan on using humboldt's county's additives just yet. i have a cheap ph meter already but no ph up only a little bit of simple path's ph down which i have to use when using the technaflora line . im not on a low budget and im not in a rush to get crazy results i already learned this hobby takes great patience (even more patience than growing mushrooms). have you ever used the fox base nutrients line up ? i have heard lots of mixed reviews about their nutes.

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#712907 - 02/08/14 10:10 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i would advise to not use the bush master or gravity because the company that makes them was forced to take them off the market due to using pgrs that could lead to cancer.

pluse on a side note i read reviews that people complained that gravity gave a bad taste to there buds

noob

Re: good additives [Re: Mrshroom]
    #712932 - 02/08/14 10:33 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mrshroom said:
i would advise to not use the bush master or gravity because the company that makes them was forced to take them off the market due to using pgrs that could lead to cancer.

pluse on a side note i read reviews that people complained that gravity gave a bad taste to there buds

yea i heard about the bushmaster being very bad for you that kinda what made me not want to use their products. i used a bit of purple maxx in my first grow and it is indeed making the top buds and leaves turn purple even with such a high temp in the tent.

--------------------

First grow (bagseed)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #712986 - 02/08/14 11:28 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fortheloveofnature said:
have you ever used the fox base nutrients line up ? i have heard lots of mixed reviews about their nutes.

Yup. I've used their entire line for indoor and outdoor grows. It worked great. Not the craziest yeilds, but it certainly produced some great smoke

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

noob

Re: good additives [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #713214 - 02/08/14 05:45 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Quote:

fortheloveofnature said:
have you ever used the fox base nutrients line up ? i have heard lots of mixed reviews about their nutes.

Yup. I've used their entire line for indoor and outdoor grows. It worked great. Not the craziest yeilds, but it certainly produced some great smoke

this is all for personals and family/friends so im not to worried about yield but looking for quality ( that connoisseur type shit) but i guess that also has to do with strain and genetics as well. glad to hear it from someone who has experience tho:fuckinawesome: .

--------------------

First grow (bagseed)

Edited by fortheloveofnature (02/08/14 05:47 PM)

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

#713250 - 02/08/14 07:34 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

any thoughts on floralicious plus, anyone ever use it?

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Re: good additives [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #713734 - 02/10/14 03:44 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

If your using soil you should incorporate a compost tea into your feeding schedule when you transplant and flush. Most hydro shops will brew some in house. Worse case scenario you can brew your own with a bucket, air stone, air pump and brew pack. Humtea and Boogie Brew are good choices.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies