Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCannabisConnection
Cannabis Connoisseur
Male
Loc: CO
Deficiency?
    #710787 - 01/31/14 01:16 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The above shows my moms. I recently took some cuttings (shown above) bout three days ago maybe. The upper leaves are perfect and lush and dark. The lower leaves on the moms are are suffering. Very pale. Dark veins. Edges dying.  Im thinking iron def. Maybe needs some cal/mag. What do u guys think?  Im on my phone so i can't copy the stats report. Here's all the info to the best of my memory
Dwc/fogponic
Ph 5.9
Res temp 75-80 battling to keep on low end)
Room temp 75
Ec 1.4-1.5
3 part grow/2 part micro/1 part bloom
Plus half dose of sweet.
No swings in ph or ec.
600w ducted hps about three feet from canopy
2 60gal aquarium air pumps
185GPH pumping water through water cooler

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Deficiency? [Re: CannabisConnection]
    #710801 - 01/31/14 03:08 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Severe nutrient burn.  You need to change out the res to plain pH'd water for 24 hours, then replace your res with half of the nutrient strength you were using.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Deficiency? [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #710821 - 01/31/14 05:11 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Nutrient burn would look worse than that. It does look like some burn related issue but still hard to tell with those photos. The leaves look like they're lightening between the veins, not burning. Its hard to get a good look at them in those photos, because some look either burned, or just reflecting the light in that manner.

Those lower leaves tend to be the first to go bad, they act somewhat as nutrient reserves. Some lower leaf decay can be normal, but if its excessive you need to address the problem. Mobile nutrients (N,P,K, Mg, Zn) are moved from the older part of the plant to the younger parts as needed. Showing deficiency in the older leaf first. Immobile nutrients (Ca, B, Cl, Co, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo,Se, Si, S) stay put and you get those deficiencies showing up on new growth.

Its obvious that your nutrient mix is not correct, is the 3:2:1 GMB ratio what they recommend for a vegging plant, or did you come up with that mix on your own? I would flush/pH water like hawk said for a day and simplify your nutrients to just the 3 part, maybe 1:1:1 ratio or whatever is called for, ditch the sweet for now. Its always safer to feed less than more, and if they look like they're needing to feed then bump it up later.

Those roots don't look very healthy, which might be causing some/most of the problems. You can freeze bottles of water and put them into your res tank without changing the composition of the nutrients.

Heres a bonus tip for you: if you go camping put a case of frozen water bottles in the cooler to keep your food cold without getting it wet from regular ice, plus you get cold bottled water as they start to thaw--no dead weight.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Deficiency? [Re: phychotron]
    #710824 - 01/31/14 05:17 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The reason I'm saying nute burn, is because once they get severe nutrient toxicity like that, they going into nutrient lockout.  I believe that is what he is experiencing.  Along with high res temps.

--------------------

-niteowl

Cannabis Connoisseur
Male
Re: Deficiency? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #710846 - 01/31/14 08:05 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

U can only see the top half of the roots in the picture. The bottom foot or two are very healthy looking. The top part that's brownish is where the fog is. I think Im just gonna lose the fogger. I also remember that i check the roots daily and sometime they brush up against the leaves n leave a nutrient concentration on them. That may be why some are as bad looking as they are

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #710863 - 01/31/14 10:50 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

A spraying mist is a much better route to go than the fogger.

And no, those leaves are having issues because of over nuting.

--------------------

-niteowl

Cannabis Connoisseur
Male
    #710899 - 02/01/14 10:26 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

THE 3 2 1 RATIO IS WHATS CALLED FOR. I DONT THINK ITS NUTE BURN BECAUSE IVE LOCKED IN WHAT THE PLANTS NEED. FOR THE WATER NUTRIENT ABSORPTION RATIO, THEYRE PERFECT. THEY SEEM TO WANT AN EC OF JUST OVER 1.4. THEY WENT THROUGH A 24 HR PLAIN WATER FLUSH ABOUT A WEEK AGO AND OVER THREE DAYS I RAISED THE NUTRIENTS A LITTLE HIGHER TIL I HIT THAT MARK THEY SEEM TO NEED AT 1.4. SO IT DOESNT SEEM LOGICAL THAT ITS BURN. MOST OF THE LEAVES THAT ARE SHOWING PROBLEMS ARE JUST PALING BETWEEN VEINS, NO CRISPING, I REALLY THINK THE CRISPY DYING LEAVES ARE LEAVES THAT GOT WET W NUTRIENT SOLUTION BRUSHING AGAINST ROOTS. AND ITS ALSO POSSIBLE THERES A SMALL AMOUNT OF ROOT ROT ON THE UPPER ROOTS FROM HIGH FOG TEMP.

Cannabis Connoisseur
Male
    #710900 - 02/01/14 10:30 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I KNOW MISTERS ARE BETTER. I WENT THROUGH THAT NIGHTMARE LAST GROW. TRUE MISTERS W HIGH PRESSURE PUMP ARE PRONE TO AN ENDLESS AMOUNT OF TROUBLES I  ALMOST LOST MY GROW TO TWICE. I MAY GO THAT DIRECTION IN THE FUTURE WHEN I HAVE A REAL FACILITY TO GROW IN BUT FOR THIS TENT GROW ID RATHER GO WITH THE $20 LOW RISK FOGGER

Cannabis Connoisseur
Male
    #710901 - 02/01/14 10:32 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

AND THIS MAY BE OFF TOPIC BUT DOES ELEVATION PLAY A PART IN DEFICIENCIES AND PROBLEMS? IM USED TO GROWING IN NC WHERE THE CLIMATE IS GREAT FOR GROWING. THIS IS MY FIRST GROW IN COLORADO. I THINK ELEVATION WHERE IM AT IS AROUND 6500FT

Cannabis Connoisseur
Male
    #710903 - 02/01/14 11:19 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry bout caps. Didn't notice. Pic of full root system

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #710913 - 02/01/14 03:12 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Elevation does not effect it.  I see direct signs of nutrient burn in your plats.  If you don't want the advice, no worries.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #710966 - 02/01/14 08:17 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Can you turn the lights off and use a white CFL or something that shows color better. The photos are lit so poorly that its impossible to see whats going on.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineJeffSpicoli
PORKCHOP
Male User Gallery
Loc: COLORADO,USA Flag
Re: Deficiency? [Re: phychotron]
    #712259 - 02/06/14 07:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

One thing is you are exposing your roots to light to often. I only look at my roots twice a week. Once if and or when I do a flush and then at nutrient change. Roots do not like light. In nature healthy roots never see light. If you are using a water chiller you need to slow your flow down some to drop the temp or you don't have a big enough chiller. You want your res temp to be closer to 60 degrees. That will element some bacteria problems. And at a low of 75 you do have bacteria problems. Add H2O2 to your water and DO get rid of the fog machine. It is one of the reasons for the res temp being high. If you know what the fog is supposed to make you roots look like you should know that it is not doing what it is supposed to be doing to your roots. With that amount of fog, your root ball should be at least twice as thick and covered in a multitude of fine white hairs. Although I see some on the last pic and a few on the others they just are not looking close to what they should. To me the root balls look way to skinny and long. During veg you can keep them trimmed short. I have trimmed up to 60% of the root length at one time but only during veg. If you are running cooled light drop them down to more like 6 inches from the plants. I run 1000 watts about 6 inches from my girls. They stay short and fat and the buds will get much bigger and much more dense. For every foot you move away you lose tons of lumens. And weight. Unfortunately, the closer to the res your lights are the warmer your water will be. To help with that cut holes in white plastic to match your holes in your tubs or to match plant position in trays and drape it over the black res and trays. If you rinse the roots between and at each nutrient change your roots will be much happier and the plants will take up more nutrients. You should use some kind of chemical rinse through out your grow. It breaks down salts and rinses them away. It is a must for hydro in my humble opinion. Keep us updated on their progress please.
Happy growing!

Edited by JeffSpicoli (02/07/14 10:27 PM)

OfflineJeffSpicoli
PORKCHOP
Male User Gallery
Loc: COLORADO,USA Flag
Re: Deficiency? [Re: JeffSpicoli]
    #712263 - 02/06/14 07:07 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Also trim those burned leaves off and keep an eye on the healthy ones.

Offlinepitviper
snake on the grass
Male

#725153 - 04/09/14 02:40 AM (10 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
The reason I'm saying nute burn, is because once they get severe nutrient toxicity like that, they going into nutrient lockout.  I believe that is what he is experiencing.  Along with high res temps.

that is exactly what crossed my mind upon viewing the photos.
the GH grow is generally the most misused part of the formula.
maybe he started out too strong from the git.
i use the grow part the least,starting out usually with only one minimal initial dose with the transition(pre flower or mid growth) part of the GH chart,after that just the micro & bloom from then on.i would do what hawk recommended along with a light dose of h2o2 to null the impending rot and encourage and increase oxygen uptake while the plants come out of shock,then use only one part grow or skip it altogether since the micro-bloom contain enough nitrogen to see them through to the end...also lay off of the enhancers or potions until the growth regains much more vigor.
i have a seven year old bottle of floralicious bloom that i used only once.
good luck.

Edited by pitviper (04/09/14 02:50 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder