Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSadgrowerinRio
Stranger
 User Gallery
Day 15 of flower and this starts to happen- Is it deficiency, excess or light burn??
    #825784 - 05/06/17 12:48 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I grow Critical Mass in rockwool slabs-flood and drain system. (I do it manually twice a day)

I use Ph perfect nutes 3 part series. I was actually running a drain to waste system  to try and ensure no problems this time and guess what they happened anyway. the ec was always 1.6-1.8 in veg trickling up..I then continued the same feed until day 10 when clear pistils start to show. At which time i switched to maxi bloom but maintained the same EC.

Temps are ideal throughout 75 with light on 68 with them off. I have only 1000 watt hps systems, air cooled of course,climate controlled enviroment.40% to 70% humidity .This strain is susceptible to mold so i do lower the humidity towards the end....but the end is near if I cant fix this and fast!!
Ph is always 5.8-6.2.

The small plants are on day 1 of flowering -nice and green and pretty much no problem. (Light green may be attributed to the first 12 hours of dark yesterday).

The bigger plants that have the damage that started on day 12 of flowering are on day 15 of flowering. On day 10 as usual i switched to maxi bloom-Basically 1 teaspoon per gallon which leaves my ec at 1.8- 1.9.

My tap water has 0.14 of whatever already in it-(very clean water for a 3rd world country) I use a milwaukee EC pen that has never failed me. I also use a good ph pen.  I am in Rio de Janeiro and dont have all the access to all the shit from back home. This ISNT my first rodeo either in fact im sad to say i have many years in the business but am now losing control of everything right around the 2nd week of flower. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. IM THE SADDEST GROWER ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW.

As a precaution i did start adding cal magic to the mix so now im at 1.9-2.0 ec maintaining 5.8 ph always  Ill keep everyone posted THANKS TO ANYONE FOR REPLYING IN ADVANCE I AM IN DIRE NEED OF OUTSIDE HELP HERE IN BRASIL.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
CLONES
2. How old are your plants?
THEY ALL VEG FOR 10 DAYS---TH SMALLER ONES ARE ON DAY 1 OF BUD THE BIGGER ON DAY 15
3. How tall are your plants?
AS SEEN IN PICS ABOUT A FOOT AND HALF AT DAY 15 MAYBE 4-5
4. What size containers are they planted in?
ROCKWOOL SLABS
5.What is your soil mix?
ROCKWOOL
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? TWICE A DAY FLOOD AND DRAIN.

7. What is the pH of your water?
STEADY 5.8
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? WAS USING PH PERFECT 3 PART SERIES THEN SWITCHED TO MAXI BLOOM ON DAY 10.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
I DID TODAY JUST ONE RACK THE ONE IN THE PICS.WITH CALI MAGIC AND BUD CANDY WHICH IS MAGNESIUM ONLY.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 1000 WATT HPS ONLY 6 OF THEM

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
THEY WERE LIKE 3 FEET I DID RAISE THEM TODAY AS PRECAUTION CUZ I DID THINK LIGHT BURN BUT PROBABLY NOT SINCE THE DAMAGE ISNT CONCENTRATED ON THE TOP.

12. What size is your grow space in square feet? HUGE 13 BY 7 AND 10 FEET TALL

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
CLIMATE CONTROLLED 75 F WITH THE LIGHTS ALL ON 70 WITH LIGHTS OFF BUT I CAN DROP IT TO 50F IF I WANT I HAVE A GOOD AC AS WELL FOR THAT.

14. What is the pH of the soil?
THE PH OF THE ROCKWOOL IS ALWAYS 5.8-6.2
15. What is the pH of your run off?
WHEN IT GETS TO 6.2 I KNOCK IT BACK DOWN TO 5.8
16. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
NO NONE AT ALL.

Edited by SadgrowerinRio (05/07/17 03:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrippyhippy
Dr. Tripp
Male

Loc: Washington,Oregon,florida
Re: Day 15 of flower and this starts to happen- Is it deficiency, excess or light burn?? [Re: SadgrowerinRio]
    #825785 - 05/06/17 03:39 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Id say too much feed look like nuet burn to me. Ur doing ebb and flo so just run a flush of just water no feed and should sort itself out and remove damage ( plant wont waste energy trying to heal or feed dead shit). Hope this helps peace ✌ good luck and grow heavy!!!

--------------------
Where ever you go... There you are.

Offlinetrippyhippy
Dr. Tripp
Male

Loc: Washington,Oregon,florida
Re: Day 15 of flower and this starts to happen- Is it deficiency, excess or light burn?? [Re: trippyhippy]
    #825786 - 05/06/17 03:42 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Its could b lacking in (N) or (K) tho but try the flush first if doesn't sovle then its a difficency.

--------------------
Where ever you go... There you are.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Day 15 of flower and this starts to happen- Is it deficiency, excess or light burn?? [Re: trippyhippy]
    #825788 - 05/06/17 12:44 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineSadgrowerinRio
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Day 15 of flower and this starts to happen- Is it deficiency, excess or light burn?? [Re: phychotron]
    #825803 - 05/07/17 03:49 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for your time man, ill keep you posted on what i did to find a solution w/ pics...The general consensus is potassium....or light burn...i posted this on a bunch of forums...and a few responses from different people leave me having to agree...i raised the lights 3 days ago...im gonna flush one rack with straight water.  Some people said to re add some veg food to the mix so im gonna do that...also keep up the cali magic...

ill will def. keep everyone posted as i see so many people never follow up on anything on these sites...or even thank the dude who took the time out to answer speaking of which thank you again

and thank everyone else in advance

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Day 15 of flower and this starts to happen- Is it deficiency, excess or light burn?? [Re: SadgrowerinRio]
    #825807 - 05/07/17 12:07 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Best of luck. One thing I also thought when looking at the second and third photo is that the lower leaves are dark green, which is usually a sign of too much nitrogen. Could be a dark photo, and most of the plant and others look normal, but something to also keep an eye on.

One deficiency can sometime trigger other deficiencies or burn your plant with other nutrients.

Quality of tap water can be detrimental to plants.  Every once in awhile I'll get into the shower and notice a strong bleach smell. Not because I bleached it but because the city treated the water with so much chlorine that its obvious.

Root zone issues will cause a multitude of problems.

Recirculating hydro is tricky, as you need to constantly re-up the tank as nutrients are used by the plants. And you have to account for waste. Just because you start with 5 gallons of water, and they use up 2, you don't end up with 3 perfectly good gallons of nutrients. You have 3 gallons of used-strength nutrients with excess buildup of plant waste. EC doesn't mean anything if you don't know what is causing the EC--nutrients or waste products.

Drain to waste solves a lot of that maintenance work.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineSadgrowerinRio
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Day 15 of flower and this starts to happen- Is it deficiency, excess or light burn?? [Re: phychotron]
    #825822 - 05/07/17 09:00 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Cool Im flushing them all out now either way..  Did raise the 1000 watter I have over them to about 4 feet...Ill post pics in 72 hours again thanks for all the time spent answering guys!! And good luck out there.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck