Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor)***UPDATED***
    #710362 - 01/29/14 07:04 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

This is a journal about my Feminized Grandaddypurp 600w hps indoor grow.
  2x2 flood and drain system (EBB&FLOW)
  CLAY BALLS
  Closet grow
  temp is 74-76 degrees. Humidity  no idea?

No nute feeding yet.

Also any help with ways to quiet my fan would be great and appreciated, its a blackhole 6 inch inline fan that pushes 400cfm.

--------------------
I don't see marijuana as a drug, but as it is seen as a drug under federal law, anything I say that may seem, look or be about marijuana or any drug is totaly fictional and should not be takn literally bc anything drug related is a lie and not truthful. I don't smoke, grow, own or put myself around any type of drug. Idk what I'm tlkn about, drugs r bad so everything I say is a joke and to be takn as such.

Edited by SinCityGrowMan (02/05/14 03:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: SinCityGrowMan]
    #710408 - 01/29/14 11:48 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I use to put a rubber gasket between the fan and the surface it was mounted to.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: Magash]
    #710439 - 01/29/14 03:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

You could also build a box around it and line it with some eggshell foam...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: Tank333]
    #710558 - 01/30/14 05:53 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'm liking that idea, but is there any chance it could over heat? Or no.

--------------------
I don't see marijuana as a drug, but as it is seen as a drug under federal law, anything I say that may seem, look or be about marijuana or any drug is totaly fictional and should not be takn literally bc anything drug related is a lie and not truthful. I don't smoke, grow, own or put myself around any type of drug. Idk what I'm tlkn about, drugs r bad so everything I say is a joke and to be takn as such.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #710566 - 01/30/14 08:45 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

A chance, if you make the box too small. Maybe buy a cheap thermometer with a temp sensor, and put the sensor inside the box? That could help you monitor temps inside it...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: Tank333]
    #710780 - 01/31/14 11:10 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I can't upload pics, is there any way I can post a pick without being a supporter?

--------------------

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

#710922 - 02/01/14 03:44 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Lights are on 24/0

Edited by SinCityGrowMan (02/05/14 03:54 AM)

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

#712208 - 02/06/14 04:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Pics there about 9 days starting from seed sprouting.

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #712495 - 02/07/14 11:45 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I think you can upload pics by going to your profile, where there's a link that says pics. If you go in there you can upload them...I haven't made a contribution YET but I am able to upload so I think you should be able to man. Once you upload you click the link and paste it into your post to display the pics in your post.

EDIT: As far as your fan is concerned: it is hooked up to duct work right? If it isn't attached to ducting it will be much louder than if it was attached to ducting.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Edited by Doc (02/07/14 11:48 AM)

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: Doc]
    #713330 - 02/08/14 11:14 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

These are my girls, super proud of them an a big thx to DOC for helping me figure out uploading capability

--------------------

Edited by SinCityGrowMan (02/08/14 11:20 PM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#713554 - 02/09/14 02:55 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Those look good man! I love how plants veg under HID lighting. They look super healthy.  Can't wait to see how many purple plants you get.

--------------------

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

#716556 - 02/21/14 01:35 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Updated pics of the girls, most are doing good but I definitely have a few runts but in there defense they had a prob not sure what but it seemed better after some cal mag

--------------------

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

#718249 - 02/27/14 07:39 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Here they are before trimming a few not needed branches

And after the trim

And since I'm having to shortn my herd from 8 to 4 I picked the best to keep and the rest are at my grandmas house

I would like to know anyone's opinion on this or any thoughts of the mind

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#718261 - 02/27/14 08:00 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

They look healthy, that's for sure.  I don't know if I'd have trimmed them myself, but I know everyone has a different take on that anyway.  I'd like to see how they progress.

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: Inocuole]
    #719906 - 03/08/14 02:57 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

Alright everybody so as u know the plants are on 24/0 of light and I'm thinking about kickiem. To12/12 for flower, my tallest one is 11 inches tall 2 are about 10 and last one is at. About 9 inches they all have major nodes stacked and all have pre flowers but I want more opinions on if I should do it now or wait 1 or 2 more weeks

--------------------

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: SinCityGrowMan] * 1
    #719999 - 03/08/14 10:58 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

Forgot to put up new pics

--------------------

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #722253 - 03/20/14 09:27 AM (10 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

SinCityGrowMan said:
Forgot to put up new pics

I'd say go for it. You can only veg so much under those lights, and 12/12 might spark some hormones for them to really go for it. In either case, she'll put on some serious weight and size after 9+ weeks of 12/12. You can get a baseline too of how they do, and have a datapoint for how much to veg in the future.

I think you'll be surprised how much bigger they get with good nutes and airflow from this size.

--------------------
All submissions are for informational purposes and entertainment only.

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: ThriceKing]
    #722469 - 03/21/14 12:42 PM (10 years, 10 days ago)

looks about right to me, but I usually do clones...I think they would do great if you flower them at this size.

--------------------

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

#722588 - 03/22/14 01:45 AM (10 years, 10 days ago)

They have been in flower for about 5 days now and I must say, these little ladies are taking off now, they grew 2 inches in the past 2-3 days, ill update with better pics tomorrow, my tallest one is 2 feet tall

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#722755 - 03/22/14 09:09 PM (10 years, 9 days ago)

nice!

+5

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: P-O]
    #723163 - 03/24/14 10:39 PM (10 years, 7 days ago)

The tall one is 28 inches tall, and there growing into each other, I'm told that's bad but since there in flower I'm a bit scared to trim them at all any input is welcome

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: SinCityGrowMan] * 1
    #723313 - 03/26/14 12:07 PM (10 years, 5 days ago)

Trim trim away. You want to expose any parts where there are a lot of big old leaves that are over lapping. Especially with indicas or bushy strains you're gonna find spots where there might be up to 5 leaves or more just stacked on top of each other, especially in the middle of the plant. I like to pull off all these leaves but make sure to use your thumb nail to cut off the whole petiole, if you actually pull them off you can strip off the outer bark from the main stem and this can damage the branches.

I used to be hesitant to trim but am steadily learning how big of a difference good pruning and low stress training make to yields. I have been starting to clear out all unnecessary leaves so that the middle of my plants are exposed to light, this develops a lot of smaller popcorn nugs, I also strip everything off of the bottom 6-8 inches of the plant. About 5-6 weeks in sometimes I go in a cut off all the bottom popcorn nugs and middle nugs, this way I'm still getting bud out of the bottom parts of the plant but towards the end of the cycle the plant focuses its energy into the top buds. (It also gives some early harvest bud with high THC and an up high)

Good pruning is essential, and for clones if you bonsai your plants which means stripping it down to everything except the tips of the branches and them FIM'ing the top you will see plants with better branching and form, it also reveals the true size of the plant because the big leaves make it seems a lot bigger than it is.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds