Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: P-O]
    #723163 - 03/24/14 10:39 PM (10 years, 6 days ago)

The tall one is 28 inches tall, and there growing into each other, I'm told that's bad but since there in flower I'm a bit scared to trim them at all any input is welcome

--------------------
I don't see marijuana as a drug, but as it is seen as a drug under federal law, anything I say that may seem, look or be about marijuana or any drug is totaly fictional and should not be takn literally bc anything drug related is a lie and not truthful. I don't smoke, grow, own or put myself around any type of drug. Idk what I'm tlkn about, drugs r bad so everything I say is a joke and to be takn as such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: feminized grandaddypurp (600w HPS indoor) [Re: SinCityGrowMan] * 1
    #723313 - 03/26/14 12:07 PM (10 years, 5 days ago)

Trim trim away. You want to expose any parts where there are a lot of big old leaves that are over lapping. Especially with indicas or bushy strains you're gonna find spots where there might be up to 5 leaves or more just stacked on top of each other, especially in the middle of the plant. I like to pull off all these leaves but make sure to use your thumb nail to cut off the whole petiole, if you actually pull them off you can strip off the outer bark from the main stem and this can damage the branches.

I used to be hesitant to trim but am steadily learning how big of a difference good pruning and low stress training make to yields. I have been starting to clear out all unnecessary leaves so that the middle of my plants are exposed to light, this develops a lot of smaller popcorn nugs, I also strip everything off of the bottom 6-8 inches of the plant. About 5-6 weeks in sometimes I go in a cut off all the bottom popcorn nugs and middle nugs, this way I'm still getting bud out of the bottom parts of the plant but towards the end of the cycle the plant focuses its energy into the top buds. (It also gives some early harvest bud with high THC and an up high)

Good pruning is essential, and for clones if you bonsai your plants which means stripping it down to everything except the tips of the branches and them FIM'ing the top you will see plants with better branching and form, it also reveals the true size of the plant because the big leaves make it seems a lot bigger than it is.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds