Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeardu
Stranger
Can two plants grow to medium size in 5 gallon bucket together
    #708428 - 01/19/14 06:53 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Can two plants grow to medium size in 5 gallon bucket together if it is filled up all the way? (WW strain) I tried to look it up so certain shroomery people would not chew me out and act stupid but found nothing. So my question is would it be a good idea using perlite and organic soil ? Is depth or width more important ? Thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePeardu
Stranger
Re: Can two plants grow to medium size in 5 gallon bucket together [Re: Peardu]
    #708430 - 01/19/14 07:13 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Found a good thread elsewhere (Of course you CAN grow more than one plant per container. You "can" grow 20 plants in one container. . .its just not an optimal way to grow, because you'll end up with more work and less yield than the same container with only one (or a few) plants.

The problem is that if you have two or more plants in the same container, then

a. Depending on the size of the pots and plants, they will potentially compete for root volume, and

b. More importantly, more than one plant next to one another may compete for light. What happens is that if any part of a plant gets shaded, it will try and "stretch" towards the light. If you have two plants crowding each other (or more than two) then they'll all try to stretch to outdo each other, and you end up with really tall spindly plants instead of short bushy ones, like you want.

If you have the ability to run these plants in different pots, then do so. I'm quite sure you'd be better off with three 1.5 gallon pots than one 3 gallon pot.

In terms of total yield, you might even be better off with just two plants in one pot rather than three. . .that depends on their size and configuration.

If you "must" run three plants in one 5 gallon pot, then do yourself a favor and make sure you space out each plant so that they're as far away from each other as practicable. Say, make an equilateral triangle, with each plant being maybe 2 inches from the bucket edges.

You'll also want to train the plants so that they don't overlap their leaves. If that happens its a killer, as that's when they'll really try to compete with one another. They can share the center a bit, but you really want to make sure each plant gets its own "corner", so that the bulk of each plant is separate from the other two.)

OfflinePeardu
Stranger
    #708431 - 01/19/14 07:21 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

When people jump on my thread saying bull crap they would never say to your face it is pathetic. Yeah I ask stupid questions all the time. If the Growery does not want them than they can cancel my membership or something, but name calling and hateful comments are left by subhumans who are drawn up and bitter. I don't know very much and often have a specific question that I can't find the answer to + there is not anyone here hardly. So politely asking me to do something is more appropriate . Thanks

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Can two plants grow to medium size in 5 gallon bucket together [Re: Peardu] * 1
    #708432 - 01/19/14 07:37 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Peardu said:
When people jump on my thread saying bull crap they would never say to your face it is pathetic. Yeah I ask stupid questions all the time. If the Growery does not want them than they can cancel my membership or something, but name calling and hateful comments are left by subhumans who are drawn up and bitter. I don't know very much and often have a specific question that I can't find the answer to + there is not anyone here hardly. So politely asking me to do something is more appropriate . Thanks

who are you going off on? no one even commented on your thread until me just now...

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Can two plants grow to medium size in 5 gallon bucket together [Re: Peardu] * 2
    #708433 - 01/19/14 07:39 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can two plants grow to medium size in 5 gallon bucket together [Re: CrushNazT]
    #708438 - 01/19/14 08:12 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

He's all butthurt cause of this thread.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/707852

I got on his ass about not trying to look up the answer before asking questions and that creating hermie plants on purpose is a stupid thing to do. Just when he gets all butthurt he throws insults at how we are like the Shroomery not realizing he just insulted 99% of the people here cause everybody here is a Shroomery member.

and to Peardu all the joking and insults and crap aside this isn't a joke use this. In fact this is a great source of information for everybody. The best site that there has ever been for bud growers was overgrow. The site got taken down when the owner got busted for selling seeds (and a few other things). This is the grow faq from that site. There are not many questions about anything that has to do with growing that can't be answered here.

The Overgrow Grow FAQ

There is no book, no site, and no growers like myself with 30 years under the lights and are all stuck up about it that can help you like that site can. Easily the best source of info out for bud growers.

Damn I miss Overgrow

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Can two plants grow to medium size in 5 gallon bucket together [Re: Magash]
    #708440 - 01/19/14 08:35 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

i miss overgrow too. although i was only 17 or 18 when the site got busted lol. i wasnt growing at that point, i was just a young kid posting on overgrow with another friend of mine, while we were at school in different classes lol. it was great.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#708441 - 01/19/14 08:41 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
There are not many questions about anything that has to do with growing that can't be answered here.

The Overgrow Grow FAQ

Nice! Thanks for that.

I dont want to start a new thread, can you give me any advice on this Magash?

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/708317#708317

--------------------
:firecum:

Edited by bEelzeBosS (01/19/14 08:49 AM)

OfflinePeardu
Stranger
Re: Can two plants grow to medium size in 5 gallon bucket together [Re: CrushNazT]
    #708451 - 01/19/14 09:38 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

overgrow does help

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #708456 - 01/19/14 10:21 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Peardu said:
overgrow does help

Yeah it's a killer source of info but it lacks in stuff that has happened in the last 10 or so years. Which is mainly advances in LED lights, water cooled lights, and digital ballasts. When it comes to the growth of the plant, hydroponics and room set up it's the best source of info out. (or one of them anyway) :shrug:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinegman7104
Stranger
    #710351 - 01/29/14 01:49 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

yeah as long as you tie them down

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies