Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
A cloning machine for rockwool cubes. * 2
    #142100 - 11/07/08 06:41 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I don't know shit about growing so from this point on I'm gonna just quote the gardener I take pic's for  :wink:

So as many have heard I use to grow a shroom or two

Well a few years ago I came up with the Martha as some have heard soon after I came up with the Poor Man's Pod or PMP as it's called.

Well the first Martha proto type was this thing well I started thinking (and I'm amazed nobody did before) the needs for cuttings and shrooms are almost exactly the same. I firmly believe in constant airflow with shrooms and with cuttings which must be done without lowering humidity. This is of major importance cause it helps stop any kind of rot that may start.

Take your cutting using rockwool or cubes which I will show you both in a bit. Now take the cutting as normal taking a branch end about 4 inches long and taking off a leaf at the bottom of the 4 inches and cutting off the tip there. Dip in gel (I hear rootech works well) and mist it down good then into the chamber.   the cool mist runs 24/7 and the ultrasonic comes on for a hour and a half every 8 hrs. 

Now the ultrasonic does two things, it raises the humidity and it mist down the cuttings with a mist that is much finer them a shitty ass spray bottle. There are no droplets just a fine coat of mist. the last thing it does is it keeps you the fuck out. Stick the cuttings in and keep the humidifiers full. The ultrasonic should be hooked up above the cool mist outlet so the fog drops into the cool mist airstream and mixes good in the chamber air.

After a week cut the time down to 45 min every 3 hrs.

Then a few days after that or at the 10 day mark shut off the humidifiers and take off the top and let em get use to the light.

At the 14 day mark you should have

With this you can also take them any size you want and I am talking a branch if you want to. Here is a fairly good size one in a plug I was talking about earlier

Oh yeah I just cut hole in the top cover with plastic and stick some floros on top or if it gets hot put a couple 2x4's under em so air can flow under them.

Enjoy

One more thing you can use it to raise the little ones till you have room if needed

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDR GREENTHUMB

Re: A cloning machine for rockwool cubes. [Re: Magash]
    #144992 - 11/15/08 06:47 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Nice combo of skills!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A cloning machine for rockwool cubes. [Re: Magash] * 1
    #708148 - 01/17/14 04:01 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Bumped. I'm sure there are some that have joined since I put this up that may be able to use it.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #708150 - 01/17/14 04:13 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Nice.
:thumbup:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #708167 - 01/17/14 05:20 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

So you never have to water the rock wool cubes?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A cloning machine for rockwool cubes. [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #708175 - 01/17/14 06:32 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
So you never have to water the rock wool cubes?

Depends really. I have to dip the cubes every few days in the summer but when it's not as dry out they can go up to 10 days without needing any water.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #708199 - 01/17/14 08:11 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I just may have to try this.  I wory about such high humidity, I live in a very old house and mold is a battle.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: A cloning machine for rockwool cubes. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #708211 - 01/17/14 08:25 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Great idea. I bought a clone king a few weeks ago...made 12 clones from 3 different strains, all were rooted within a week. No need for rooting hormone.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A cloning machine for rockwool cubes. [Re: bEelzeBosS] * 1
    #708238 - 01/17/14 11:12 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
Great idea. I bought a clone king a few weeks ago...made 12 clones from 3 different strains, all were rooted within a week. No need for rooting hormone.

Ok, something you will be interested in. Yes it's true you don't need the hormone but you will get better results with it. I did this test years ago. An ez-cloner was used. Pretty much the exact same thing as a clone king.

Without

With

it only takes a few seconds for the hormone to be absorbed by the plant.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #708241 - 01/17/14 11:45 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thats perfect time to plant them from the aero cloner, right before they get too long and harder to manage.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleP-O

#708252 - 01/18/14 06:38 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:

Ok, something you will be interested in. Yes it's true you don't need the hormone but you will get better results with it. I did this test years ago. An ez-cloner was used. Pretty much the exact same thing as a clone king.

Without

With

:eek:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#708263 - 01/18/14 09:30 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:

Without

With

Nice! I have a bottle of hormone, didn't think I'd have any use for it anymore. I thought about using some anyway but figured the water would just rinse it off before it had a chance to do anything. I wonder if the hormone being rinsed into the water then constantly spraying on the clones has something to do with it?

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A cloning machine for rockwool cubes. [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #708266 - 01/18/14 10:35 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:

Without

With

Nice! I have a bottle of hormone, didn't think I'd have any use for it anymore. I thought about using some anyway but figured the water would just rinse it off before it had a chance to do anything. I wonder if the hormone being rinsed into the water then constantly spraying on the clones has something to do with it?

You know it may. The main thing gel does is burn the skin a little. That process seems to take only a few seconds. Kind of like when you peel a little of it off the bottom of the stem that goes in the cube or the cloner. The roots will usually form there first.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #708280 - 01/18/14 01:13 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I believe the driving force with aerocloning is the constant air-water cycle that hits the stem.

I stopped using any other cloning method once I figured out the scrape technique with the aerocloner, which can on occasion work just as well with plain water as it does with an IBA based hormone--but its usually more effective with it. I was using a few mL per gallon of superthrive as my source of IBA with amazing results, but now I'm trying a new one, KLN that I got for free. I'll know how it works in a few days. Anything with IBA should work. I have a bottle of Olivias Gel that I don't use because I toss the rooting hormone in with the tank.

I wish I had some better macro shots of the roots when they're just coming in, they develop right on the part that was scraped off, sometimes in a straight row along the scrape. And if there is only one scrape, the roots will often only grow on that one side, with small bumps coming in on the other side. If you scrape almost all outer layer off but leave a few strips of plant skin untouched you can usually see the roots NOT developing on those unscathed parts.

You can kind of see where it is coming in along that main scrape line and a few random bumps starting to form.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A cloning machine for rockwool cubes. [Re: phychotron]
    #708284 - 01/18/14 02:04 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'll probably do my next batch with no gel mainly because I'm feeling fucking lazy and don't feel like going to the hydro store.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #708305 - 01/18/14 05:01 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

If you go with plain water it really depends on the plant and how vigorous it is at the time--when the plant is so ready to be cloned it just explodes with roots. Thats another important part about cloning is knowing when the mother plant is ready. Sometimes I've had amazing growth with plain water, other times nothing. But the same can be said with the hormones as well, just more reliable. The faster they root the less chance they have to rot.

The Dyna-gro KLN that I'm using recommended adding their silica for aerocloning. I just happened to have some and am in the process of seeing how it works. Silica is already my favorite additive and if it helps with cloning then that will just be the end of it; hands down number one best additive out there.

Other than that, do not add any nutrients ever, plant them before you want to grow the plant. The aerocloner will grow long roots using the nutrients in the large shade leaf if you so desire them long. Nutrients just mess everything up and make the stems rot and not root--turning slimy brown. You want tap water with VERY little additives so its gentle on the plant. Your just trying to wash the outside with a little rooting hormone. Thats one thing people don't seem to understand, they want to feed them in the cloner. The water should still be so clean that after the clones have rooted in a week you should be able to just top off the water and root another set of clones, and maybe even another, without adding any more hormone.

I found some more photos, still not very good quality but you can get the idea. These stems actually look very gross from rooting slowly.

Here you can see the green part of the stem that was not scraped. The end is browning and starting to degrade from age.

Note the front center where the white is, that is all root mass, green is not scraped.

Ready to plant before they get too long. They JUST need to start rooting before it goes into soil-- let those early roots dig right into the medium instead of growing them long and swirling them around the bottom of a hole then packing dirt up around the roots.

And because of planting them when the roots are just starting you can jam the collars with up to 4 cuttings, maybe even more. No need to buy a large cloner, just cut the leaf tips off to allow them to get close. Because they don't require much light they can be densely packed in the leaf zone. I also prefer my collars a little older so they're not so tight to the stem that it roots into the foam. There should be some air space in between the cuttings and the collar.

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#708307 - 01/18/14 05:15 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
You want tap water with VERY little additives so its gentle on the plant.

I used bottled drinking water...I figured that would help keep the sprayers cleaner than my hard tap water. My clones didn't seem to mind though, they exploded with roots in 5-7 days.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A cloning machine for rockwool cubes. [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #708308 - 01/18/14 05:27 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Just run a cup or two of vinegar per gallon of hot water through it for an hour or so to wash it when your all done, especially before you store it. I have a clear hose that my sprayers attach to and when all the buildup on the inside is gone I call it clean.

--------------------

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
    #709594 - 01/24/14 09:24 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I am currently rocking EZ-CLONE rooting gel.  I use Superthrive at one drop per gallon of water, and GenHydro's Black Diamond liquid humic Acid at about 3/4th of a milliliter per gallon of water as a nutrient solution when rooting clones in the aerocloner.  I keep the PH low too at 5.0 and change the nutrient solution in the reservoir every 3-4 days.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies