Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: On the topic of chlorine in tap water and the effect on the microbial herd. (moved) [Re: TribalSeed]
    #706886 - 01/13/14 02:48 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TribalSeed said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:

This is why I don't add and calcium and magnesium to plants watered from the tap.  I find that calcium and magnesium additives aren't necessary unless plants are being watered with reverse osmosis water.

You know what they say about hindsight.lol. I think I was just so nervous to fuck something up that I missed a lot of obvious issues I was creating.

Yea, nah.  I just know better than to add calmag to tap water is all.  Don't be so anxious.  Control your emotions.  Calm down, do your research and plan - plan - plan before you grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: On the topic of chlorine in tap water and the effect on the microbial herd. (moved) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #706890 - 01/13/14 03:06 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
You mean something like Mayan Microzyme from Humboldt nutrients?

Yes exactly that. I use an's voodoo, tarantula and piranha for beneficials though. I still bubble out the chlorine from my rez days before i water or mix up nutes. I always wondered how necessary it is.

Now i know!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: On the topic of chlorine in tap water and the effect on the microbial herd. (moved) [Re: Farmer Joe] * 1
    #706894 - 01/13/14 03:27 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Well, if bubbling the water isn't necessary for the dechlorinization of the reservoir water (in theory), then bubbling the water is certainly beneficial for the oxygenization of said water.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: On the topic of chlorine in tap water and the effect on the microbial herd. (moved) [Re: hamloaf]
    #706899 - 01/13/14 04:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The guy from Canna told me not to run an air stone through the nutrient solution because it changes the chemistry, water would not normally have a 70% nitrogen solution pumping through it. My tank stays nice, non-recirculating.

They also told me not to over do it on the microbes, as they compete for nutrients when in large numbers.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: On the topic of chlorine in tap water and the effect on the microbial herd. (moved) [Re: phychotron]
    #707161 - 01/13/14 10:31 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
The guy from Canna told me not to run an air stone through the nutrient solution because it changes the chemistry, water would not normally have a 70% nitrogen solution pumping through it. My tank stays nice, non-recirculating.

They also told me not to over do it on the microbes, as they compete for nutrients when in large numbers.

Is he aware that atmospheric air IS 70% nitrogen? So like, if you run an airstone through an aquarium pump then that makes him a giant idiot?

You want a bit of air pumped into it to cultivate aerobic bacteria, anerobic bacteria are usually the bad shit (at least when it comes to hydro reservoirs and soil...for the most part).

As for the microbes competing for nutrients, this is true. But then some will die, and the population will restore to normal. It's just like if there were 10,000 lions and 100 gazelles. 9,990 lions would die of starvation and the gazelle population would stabilize after a brief decline. As I've said before, soil in nature is anywhere from 50-75% bacteria, fungi viruses and nematods by WEIGHT. Think about what that means for a second. You would have to put some SERIOUS work in to over colonize a soil.

I used to think Canna really knew what they were doing. I just lost a lot of faith in them.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: On the topic of chlorine in tap water and the effect on the microbial herd. (moved) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #707167 - 01/13/14 11:15 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I just gotta laugh, you guys are fucking great I love you guys. Microbe this bacteria that. Air bubble this air stone that. Man you fucking crack me up.

I put tap water in the res. I mix my nutrients (Fox Farm for soil even though it's hydro. I like the numbers better. Tiger bloom for flowering with the Fox Farm bud boosters. GH Bud booster when I'm to lazy to go to the store to get the Fox Farm boosters) and adjust the ph. I don't have any problem keeping up with anybody else in yield, taste or any other category that has to do with growing.

This is basic nutrients, dixie cups filled with lava rock for your front yard, plastic liner and wood.

YOu guys are great  :lmafo:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #707171 - 01/13/14 11:53 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Is he aware that atmospheric air IS 70% nitrogen? So like, if you run an airstone through an aquarium pump then that makes him a giant idiot?

Um, that was the point. The 'air' balance in the water gets disturbed because air is not normally bubbled through water in nature, it reaches a natural equilibrium point. But now with a bunch of elements in it that can react with the abundance of dissolved air. If you want to oxygenate the water just get a waterfall pump and run it for a minute or two once or twice a day, but not too much. Also, bubbling air through your nutrients can introduce bacteria; one of the reasons you want to keep a lid on the tank.

We were not talking about soil when discussing microbes, where your more dependent on organic breakdown. The microbes are in the coco already and don't need to be introduced into the system. They are the basic microbes to keep the medium safe, but with hydro your giving the individual elements directly to the plants, the microbes have nothing to break down and feed to the plant. The zym and rhizotonic keep the root zone clean. Its why they don't have a microbe product despite the trend to add one.

I just mix and fill my tank up. Its only 5 gallon so it doesn't really get stagnant. The dropping of water from the tip of the hose to the hitting of the top of the coco will aerate the water enough.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (01/13/14 11:54 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies