Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Effective Microorganisms (EMa)
    #640692 - 10/16/12 04:30 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Has anybody ever used them?

In the seventies a japanese agricultural Biologist found out that a certain combination of lactacid, yeast and algae or whatever cultures are able to produce vitamins and organically chelated(=>soluble) minerals, that plants and animals can easily absorb. I don't know exactly what else they can do but the article said the EMs were discovered when scientists dumped their culture slants on a lawn and it made the grass grow faster in some mixtures.
Could that alone be used as the "living herd" that organic growers sometimes talk about?

Could it also be used on soilless mix? I know there are microbes which settel in the root nodules of plants and make Amonia easily available from certain nitrogen sources.

There is also the possibility to make a Bokashi-Compost with EM and collect the occurring sludge and feed your plants with that. Sounds great to me. I think it is not so easy to grow plants fully hydroponically on an inert medium without a living herd when growing in your own living area because of the dirt that you are bringing in every day, so I'm wondering if benificial microbes can help me prevent molds for example.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Effective Microorganisms (EMa) [Re: sidetwist]
    #640693 - 10/16/12 04:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I use it all the time :cookiemonster:

In a soilless you would have to add it more often.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Effective Microorganisms (EMa) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #640695 - 10/16/12 04:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I use it all the time :cookiemonster:

In a soilless you would have to add it more often.

Oh cool. I have to try this at once. I'm using some stuff from the netherlands "nitrifying microbes", and some brown algae extract. Also some "organic" fert. I have to cut down on everything before the tips turn white.
Seems to kick in, but I really wonder if that beneficial bacterial stuff I have is the same as EMa...

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck