Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

PH Rise and EC drop; tap water and biofilter... weird.
    #416288 - 05/12/10 04:16 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well I have this water supply tank in my grow area. I've been using the water out of here for the past 2 days.

I put in about 40litres of tap water last week and corrected the PH to 5.5. Today, the PH is about 8.0. Now here's the weird part: I took 1 litre out of the tank in a bucket. The PH read 8.0. I took a stick and dipped it in PH Down Solution (Emphasis on dipped.) I then dipped the stick in the bucket with 1 litre of water. I checked the PH of the water in the bucket, and it read 4.0.

Also, over the course of one week, the EC in the tank has dropped from 0.7-0.5. In PPM, thats about 440-300.

Any clues as to why this happens? My guess would be because of fluctuating temperatures, but I could be wrong.

Again, there is nothing but plain tap water in there.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (05/12/10 05:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: PH Rise and EC drop; tap water and biofilter... weird. [Re: TomCollins]
    #419783 - 05/18/10 11:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone?

I've been reading more on it, and I think the EC drop is due to the chlorine evaporating out of the water.

What the fuck is up with the PH though? :what:

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleAmnesiac

Loc: Under the sea
Re: PH Rise and EC drop; tap water and biofilter... weird. [Re: TomCollins]
    #420159 - 05/18/10 08:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Isn't that filter/pump thing on the side a bio-filter? If it's not then it probably has some bacteria growing in it anyway. I would guess that the microbial life in the filter is using some of the things dissolved in the water and making waste that is raising your pH but,  :shrug: .

OfflineTomCollins

Re: PH Rise and EC drop; tap water and biofilter... weird. [Re: Amnesiac]
    #420245 - 05/19/10 12:50 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Amnesiac said:
Isn't that filter/pump thing on the side a bio-filter? If it's not then it probably has some bacteria growing in it anyway. I would guess that the microbial life in the filter is using some of the things dissolved in the water and making waste that is raising your pH but,  :shrug: .

Yeap that's a biofilter. However it does not have subculture added to it. I'm not so sure it works like that tbh. The PH is in actual fact not really changing. As soon as a drop of PH down is added to the solution, it shoots to 4.0 because originally I corrected the water, and after adding more PH down into the water it has become 4.0.

However my point is, it will at first read 8.0 and then 4.0 after I add a drop to say a 2l solution.

It's very strange and I'm not sure there is actually an answer for me on here. :shrug:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds