Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Photo of the year!
    #703868 - 01/01/14 03:50 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

She turned purple!

More photos and a better post to come, but the moral of the story is that if you wait long enough, those purples start coming out. 2 days shy of 13 weeks.  The color is hard to describe, the purple is only on the outermost flower and green under. I wish I had a better camera. I'm going to take some better shots tomorrow, but words cannot describe how bad ass the coloring is.

Ignore those cat hairs.

This leaf shows how it purples, spotting in patches like that. My camera does not do these buds the justice they deserve.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Photo of the year! [Re: phychotron]
    #703876 - 01/01/14 09:33 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:fuckyeahdance:

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: Photo of the year! [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #703877 - 01/01/14 09:57 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

hmm i think you spray painted it last night in a new years eve drunk and dont remember that you did it.  lol

but anyways nice dude.. i have a auto flower that is norther lights and big bud mix  and its starting to turn purple as well.. it is deffently a really nice looking color mixture.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Photo of the year! [Re: Mrshroom]
    #703902 - 01/01/14 12:40 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It almost does look like someone came along and gave them a nice quick spray on the outside--the way the color combines with the green when you look at it.

Still very difficult to tell that there is a purple tint to it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #704312 - 01/03/14 06:57 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:homerdrool:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Photo of the year! [Re: Data]
    #704364 - 01/03/14 08:51 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I was going to leave it a little leafy but decided to trim more off and it got most of the purple and turned the buds mostly green again.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
    #704385 - 01/03/14 11:52 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I was going to leave it a little leafy but decided to trim more off and it got most of the purple and turned the buds mostly green again.

At least you got the pics tho man.
Awesome.
:toast:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Photo of the year! [Re: TribalSeed]
    #704388 - 01/04/14 02:16 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

ya, I wish I would have been able to take better one's at the time, I searched for the power cord to this one "true color" art lamp I have but could not find it. I eventually said fuck it and just took some photos expecting to find it the next day and get some good photos but they were too wilted by then for it to look really cool. I found it almost as soon as I started looking for it too, right under the last little bit of the pile of laundry I didn't move out of the way.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #704390 - 01/04/14 06:16 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

Ahhhh....man I hate that. I had it with these.

Fucking drives me nuts. One strain that is good at doing that is Lavender. The main reason is they are not true purple strains.

True purples turn from the inside out.

Those are the ones that dry with the look people want

Buuuut there are a lot of purple strains that have the taste and everything but have little potency. Reason is lots of people are passing off a strain known as Purple #1 which is a old strain from Dutch Passion which is known as a strain that 95% of the plants from seed turn purple even in summer but they are low potency.

So what my long winded explanation here is trying to say is no matter what the look there is good and bad and people think anything purple is the best thing on earth.

but they sure is fun to look at :wink:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Photo of the year! [Re: Magash]
    #704416 - 01/04/14 09:52 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

nice, in 2011 I met someone who had all purple bud, and by all purple I mean all purple--Not one hint of green. If I had to describe it I'd say it was like an electric purple, or if lime was purple, it would be like a lime purple, solid color.  I asked the guy he said he grew it but didn't know the strain. I smoked so much bud that day I can't remember what it was like, but I did trade the guy a little bit. I have a few blackberry that turns purple later in flower, I was thinking about letting that go longer this run just to let it.

I agree purple is not an indicator of quality but it looks very cool and exotic. And its sort of a taste as well, but not necessarily.

--------------------

OfflineScrog
Stranger
    #704446 - 01/04/14 12:42 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

IMO if you want a purple plant, stick it in the garage or outside at the end of its cycle for 3-4 days before you chop it down. Most plants turn purple because they're cold, same way people turn blue. Other times they turn purple because of the sugar and food-coloring filled nutrients you're giving it that might say something like "Sweet Grape" natural flavor.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Photo of the year! [Re: Scrog]
    #704467 - 01/04/14 03:24 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Food coloring?  :uhoh:

I've only seen that work on non-mj flowers that were cut (directly taking the solution into the veins of the plant rather than diffusing in through the root system).

--------------------

OfflineScrog
Stranger
    #704474 - 01/04/14 03:36 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry I'm kinda stoned, I shoulda stated that a bit more clearly. They'll put sugars and molases in the sweeteners for taste, On top of that I have known growers to inject blue and purple food dies into their plants stems the day before harvest, it has the same effect as the dyed orchids in the grocery store

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Photo of the year! [Re: Scrog] * 1
    #704574 - 01/04/14 06:33 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Man I hate this shit.

People use molasses on their plants but if they are using it for taste then they are using it for the wrong reasons. You can't make a sweeter taste or more citrus, or berry or whatever crap is sold for the purpose. 

The same goes for the food dye thing. There is no way that it works. Most of the bud is made up of vegetative material. The entire plant would have to turn the color of the dye you can't aim it just at the buds. Even then the only things that it could possibly work on is the hairs or pistols as they are called. They are the same thing on a flower that change color or the petal of a flower. Notice on dyed flowers the leaves don't change color.

I don't mean to be a dick here but when somebody says they have grown for 8 years and in 1,000,000 watt grows and doesn't know this something is up. Look at it this way if it did work we'd be looking at buds in every shade of color you could think of.

I get a little pissy with false information.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Photo of the year! [Re: Magash]
    #704578 - 01/04/14 06:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:highfive:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Photo of the year! [Re: Data] * 1
    #704584 - 01/04/14 07:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hey I don't mean to be a dick esp to a new guy but if I know, not think but know something is wrong I have to speak up.

:shrug:

bunk part of being a mod.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Photo of the year! [Re: Magash] * 1
    #704601 - 01/04/14 08:08 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Hey I don't mean to be a dick esp to a new guy but if I know, not think but know something is wrong I have to speak up.

:shrug:

bunk part of being a mod.

Saves us noobs from doing something stupid or harmful to our plants.

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Photo of the year! [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #704608 - 01/04/14 09:26 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Exactly :cool::thumbup: it's saved my ass on several occasions

--------------------

Offlinerikiacypher
Stranger
    #704720 - 01/05/14 01:15 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

--No drug deals--

Edited by phychotron (01/05/14 01:47 PM)

InvisibleP-O

#705445 - 01/08/14 10:26 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
It almost does look like someone came along and gave them a nice quick spray on the outside--the way the color combines with the green when you look at it.

Still very difficult to tell that there is a purple tint to it.

Looks fuckin tasty phychotron :crazy2:

Quote:

Ignore those cat hairs.

:lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale