Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesloantbone
Spirit Entity on Tour
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Seeding a flowering plant in a flower room.....clear bag over plant ?
    #698034 - 12/09/13 01:33 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Ok

so here is the scenario

A beautiful budding female white widow about 7 weeks into flowering and she is still producing an abundance of white pistols with no signs of brown.

She is producing bananas like crazy and they are starting to drop pollen.

I would like to get feminized seeds if that is a good possibility, but she is sitting in a flower room with a few other plants in various stages of flowering.

1. Can I just go and put a huge clear plastic bag (leaf bag)  over the plant, and tape it off at the bottom and let her run another 4 weeks to get seeds?

or

What is the best way to keep her going, but without suffering too much loss of her seeding the rest of the room?

Is she just too far along to run to get viable seeds?

What would you do in a case like this? Pros and cons?

I was thinking of cutting some of the budds off for harvest now, and leaving about half of the plant encased in a clear bag taped at the bottom around the container (pot) and letting her live her last month that way in the flower room:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesloantbone
Spirit Entity on Tour
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Seeding a flowering plant in a flower room.....clear bag over plant ? [Re: sloantbone]
    #698040 - 12/09/13 02:34 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

ok I think I have this figured out.

Because the plant was naturally stressed and produced bananas it probably would not be a worthy endeavor to try and produce seeds.

Otherwise the new seeds will tend to be hermies.

SO I am just going to harvest

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seeding a flowering plant in a flower room.....clear bag over plant ? [Re: sloantbone]
    #698048 - 12/09/13 02:53 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah you don't want to use those. Feminized seeds are not made from hermie plants hermie seeds are.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seeding a flowering plant in a flower room.....clear bag over plant ? [Re: Magash]
    #698068 - 12/09/13 03:38 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Yup, chop it.  Good chance your other plants are already pollinated though.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seeding a flowering plant in a flower room.....clear bag over plant ? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #698085 - 12/09/13 03:56 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Good chance your other plants are already pollinated though.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Seeding a flowering plant in a flower room.....clear bag over plant ? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #698215 - 12/10/13 07:48 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I thought if you have 2 plants from the same genetics and 1 is hermie and the other is female and you pollinate the female with the hermies pollen it will create female seeds? Although I'm basing this assumption on the use of colloidal silver or Tiresias mist, which may actually completely change the sex of the sprayed parts.

Also can't you just take off the male parts of hermies and keep the plant?

Not trying to thread jack, just trying to understand/help potentially.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seeding a flowering plant in a flower room.....clear bag over plant ? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #698216 - 12/10/13 07:58 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I thought if you have 2 plants from the same genetics and 1 is hermie and the other is female and you pollinate the female with the hermies pollen it will create female seeds?

No, plants that have been turned because of CS or STS are not hermies.

Quote:

Also can't you just take off the male parts of hermies and keep the plant?

You could but why bother and risk the other plants getting pollinated.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Seeding a flowering plant in a flower room.....clear bag over plant ? [Re: Magash]
    #698217 - 12/10/13 08:29 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Wait so you if you pollinate a female of the same genetics with a hermie plant of the same genetics all the seeds will be 100% hermie or just prone to hermie? I could probably figure it out with some basic biology, but meh.

Yea I guess it's not neccisarily worth it to remove the male parts, but I know with my small 3 plant first grow I'd likely just pick off the male parts if anything hermied. That's just me though, and it's mostly because I don't have anything else to smoke.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seeding a flowering plant in a flower room.....clear bag over plant ? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #698219 - 12/10/13 09:10 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

will be 100% hermie or just prone to hermie?

They won't be 100% but there will be a lot of em. Enough to where you wouldn't want to use the seeds.

Quote:

and it's mostly because I don't have anything else to smoke.

Been a long time but I've been there too.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds