Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Flotation Tanks (Isolation/Sensory Deprivation) * 1
    #695101 - 11/23/13 06:40 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

anyone here ever been in a flotation tank? ive been interested in them for a long time but never lived anywhere near one. now that im out here in colorado, i find out there flotation tanks everywhere. apparently boulder CO is the flotation capital of the country/world. according to VICE anyway. they have a documentary on them which is kind of interesting.

i found a place in denver and made an appointment for tuesday afternoon for an hour long float session. i'm pretty excited. $40 for an hour http://www.anewspirit.com/floatation/

VICE:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

Re: Flotation Tanks (Isolation/Sensory Deprivation) [Re: CrushNazT]
    #695104 - 11/23/13 06:57 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I reckon me and the missus oughtta do this! That's not a bad price at all.
You gonna go stoned?

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Flotation Tanks (Isolation/Sensory Deprivation) [Re: NameInUse]
    #695105 - 11/23/13 07:02 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

of for sure! i live in colo springs, so im going to head up in the morning and chill denver for a while and run by a dispensary to get an edible before i float. im really excited :smile: i have a feeling im going to love it. im going to take some friends of mine when they fly in from missouri after christmas.

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #695107 - 11/23/13 07:18 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I was always interested in these practices. After a year or two of lucid dreaming I dabbled in sensory deprivation. Didn't get much out of trying that, but it was a main contributor to sparking an interest to experiment with drugs.

And experiment, I did. :crazy2:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Flotation Tanks (Isolation/Sensory Deprivation) [Re: nannybooboo]
    #695109 - 11/23/13 07:26 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

i miss dreaming. i dont really dream very much anymore. its because i smoke weed all the time. the short times i was clean, i would have really vivid dreams. especially if i took melatonin. i bought a bottle of Onnit's "New Mood" last week. one of its effects is supposed to be vivid/powerful dreams. 2 nights of taking it so far and nothin. i took 2 pills tonight so maybe thatll make a difference. i didnt buy the pills for the dreams, but it would be a cool side effect.

ive done my share of psychedelics, and although ive got a few doses of acid and mdma, i dont feel like taking anything anymore. so im really glad i found this float tank when i did. been going through some thangs recently, and i need to clear my mind.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: Flotation Tanks (Isolation/Sensory Deprivation) [Re: CrushNazT] * 2
    #695111 - 11/23/13 07:34 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #696050 - 11/29/13 08:54 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
i miss dreaming. i dont really dream very much anymore. its because i smoke weed all the time. the short times i was clean, i would have really vivid dreams. especially if i took melatonin. i bought a bottle of Onnit's "New Mood" last week. one of its effects is supposed to be vivid/powerful dreams. 2 nights of taking it so far and nothin. i took 2 pills tonight so maybe thatll make a difference. i didnt buy the pills for the dreams, but it would be a cool side effect.

ive done my share of psychedelics, and although ive got a few doses of acid and mdma, i dont feel like taking anything anymore. so im really glad i found this float tank when i did. been going through some thangs recently, and i need to clear my mind.

Ha, same thing happens to me.  If i go to bed sober, i will have pretty vivid dreams that i can easily remember in the am.  if i smoke before bed i have no dreams, or at least no recollection of having a dream experience while in slumber. 

I've had a couple of iso tank experiences.  Here's a write up from my first one.  https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/395332.  I don't know if i did a write up for my second experience, which was 2.5 hours.  I ALMOST got to complete an experiment i've wanted to do for a while last december.  I had a friend in town for the MAPS conference, we volunteered.  Down the street from the conference was an isolation tank center.  Our plan was to wake up early (on bicycle day) and eat a couple hits of acid and possibly a lil molly too.  And then to set our intent toward some kind of out-of-body connecting experience.  Sadly, we ended up being so busy that this wasn't feasible.  Someday though.  How was your iso tank experience?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleP-O

Re: Flotation Tanks (Isolation/Sensory Deprivation) [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #696111 - 11/29/13 07:09 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

good to see ya around furrowed :hi5:

Offlinecannibeard
cosmic chemist
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: center of the universe
Re: Flotation Tanks (Isolation/Sensory Deprivation) [Re: P-O]
    #696131 - 11/29/13 10:49 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

im very interested theres a place that does iso tanks in my area and they do a deal for $80 you can get 4 two hour sessions

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Flotation Tanks (Isolation/Sensory Deprivation) [Re: FurrowedBrow] * 1
    #696229 - 11/30/13 10:50 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Post more.

I miss you and your input.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Flotation Tanks (Isolation/Sensory Deprivation) [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #696730 - 12/03/13 09:31 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

sorry it took so long to respond. was out of state for a little while.

i must say, that was an interesting experience. i'm going to make another appointment soon and probably do 2 hours. i floated for a little over an hour. i should have written stuff down afterward, but, i didnt... i'll take a notepad next time and write some stuff down before and after.

after signing papers and all that stuff, i took a quick shower, then was led back to the room with the tanks. it had such a weird feel to the room. i knew i was in for something interesting. the chick explains how the lights and music in the tank work, and showed me a floaty thing i can use for my neck which i ended up using 10 minutes in. made a HUGE difference. so i got in the tank (wearing ear plugs) and im naked. i sit on the bottom of the tank and close the lid. kind of difficult because i was floating. nothing to push off of so i could close the door lol.

i turned the meditation music off in the tank, and it went completely quiet. then i hit the lights and laid back. it was reeeally weird. it was weird getting comfortable floating on top of water. its so unlike anything else. as soon as i closed the tank, my mind started through thoughts. it was very similar to coming up on acid. breathing was kind of weird too because part of my body was underwater. i finally slowed my breathing and steadied it, and totally relaxed my body. and it happened. i lost contact with my body for a few seconds. when it happened. it went from chaotic thoughts to total relaxation in my body and my mind instantly cleared. the racing thoughts stopped. my body disappeared and i melted away. that reminded me of DMT. total disconnection with my body. so for a few seconds, i was in this weird state of pure consciousness. nothing physical.

once i realized what was going on, i came right back into my body floating in a tank of water. had to relax and get comfortable again. i only had that happen 2 or 3 times for seconds at a time during the entire float. i could see where it was going. but it was too weird of an environment to be able to get comfortable enough to get deeper into it.

when my time was up, she came and knocked on the tank, and i had to knock back so she knew i was awake. i got out, took another shower, and hung out in the dimly lit room next to a water fall on the wall. it was perfect. i cant wait to go back.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale