Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Veg Time Length and other questions
    #695886 - 11/27/13 08:33 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

If i'm looking to go for high yields, how long should I veg for in DWC?

I have a 400 watt light.

Also, I heard that trimming the stem and shaping the canopy is also a better way of increasing yields.

Is there a good guide on trimming or shaping your plants here?

I have no reasonable time limit on this project, what's the average veg time a plant is kept for, and what are the advantages for having a really long veg time?

My grow space is this:

I have a HPS and MH light,

and i'm currently growing one plant, DWC, but I plan to switch to a 4 plant bucket system after i harvest my first one.

What's my expected yeild, provided I do everything correctly, and also,
what's my expected yeild with 4 plants? More or less per plant, considering each plant will only have about 100 watts between them.

I'm covering the walls in mylar, if that helps in any way, by the way.

I plan on giving my seedings light 24/7 and then when they grow big enough to be transplanted in my DWC system, would it be good for me to also give them 24 hours of HPS light while vegging and then when i want to go into flower, gradually go to a mh light with varying time. I've been told it's not wise to just directly cut down on light overnight, but rather to gradually change the light cycle over the course of a week or so. in this case, should i start with the original bulb and switch that, or should i just switch it out in the middle of my gradual cycle?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Edited by TheUnknownPoet (11/27/13 08:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Veg Time Length and other questions [Re: TheUnknownPoet]
    #695892 - 11/27/13 09:25 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Just do a bunch of these

Veg time is gonna depend on strain.

There is no need to switch the lights slowly it can be done overnight with no adverse affects. Your also gonna want to use the MH for vegging and the HPS for flowering.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Re: Veg Time Length and other questions [Re: Magash]
    #695895 - 11/27/13 09:31 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Oops, I always get the two switched around -.-

Yea, I want to do something like that, only .... well, bigger. I've got a lot of space to work with.

I was also wondering wether it would be better to scrap the airstone I have, and stick a fogger or ultrasonic disk in there.

My reasoning, is if i create a mist or a fog, won't that deliver nutrients to my roots just as well as a DWC system, only also deliver more air?

It seems as if though suspending nutrient solution in the air around your roots would be better then simply oxygenating the water.

Am I missing something here, or?

I'm seriously considering to buy an ultrasonic fogger for this. It seems like it would make my plants healthier.

Perhaps even an atomizer would work better than DWC?

Oh, PS, strain is northren lights blue

Edited by TheUnknownPoet (11/27/13 09:35 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Veg Time Length and other questions [Re: TheUnknownPoet]
    #695897 - 11/27/13 09:46 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

My reasoning, is if i create a mist or a fog, won't that deliver nutrients to my roots just as well as a DWC system, only also deliver more air?

Nah stick with the dwc. Foggers and ultrasonic disk or whatever bullshit has been around for years and if it was better then the DWC, flood and drain, or the others it would have taken over by now. Now if that is the route you want to go just use a sprinkler like the inside of a ez-cloner and scrap the mister crap. Remember if a mister system looses power while your out you have jack shit for time to save things.

I've been under the lights for 30 years and there is no magic system that is gonna create miracles.

Oh yeah if you want to grow plants bigger then the one I put up you're gonna need a hell of a lot more light then a 400. With a 400 you won't even be close to that.

:prettyflyforawhiteguy:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder