Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFugueRider
God! I Love Psychedelics!
 User Gallery

Is the Length of the Veg Phase up to Me?
    #232527 - 05/26/09 07:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

For my first grow I am just going to let my plants get to the suggested height and then begin flowering. For later grows however, I am interested in increasing my yield. I have learned of a couple of ideas on how to let a plant grow taller in a limited indoor space by bending it over and tieing it down etc. So, if I am giving the plants eighteen plus hours of light a day, then is it kind of up to me how tall I let them get before I initiate flowering? Or is there a sort of critical time where in spite of the eighteen plus hours of light per day...that my plants will start to flower anyway?

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetophernotsocool
Friend of Earth
Male

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: Is the Length of the Veg Phase up to Me? [Re: FugueRider]
    #232541 - 05/26/09 08:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i might be wrong but you can basically veg indefinitely if you have the right light power and supply to feed its accumulative needs, and is your choice as to when flowering begins, there is a minimum time to start flowering with inconsistent requirements including having 4 nodes/pre-flower/sexual conf./maturity and alternations, but never heard of a maximum. just switch to 12/12 when you feel its a good time. beware, during the flower phase, plants can double, triple, and in rarer cases even quadruple in height.

--------------------
"and take me disappearing, through the smoke rings of my mind,
down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
the haunted frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
far from the twisted reach, of crazy sorrow.
yes the dance, beneath the diamond sky, with one hand waving free,
silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
with all memory and fate, driven deep beneath the waves,
let me forget about today, until tomorrow."~bob dylan

Edited by tophernotsocool (05/26/09 08:08 PM)

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Is the Length of the Veg Phase up to Me? [Re: FugueRider]
    #232855 - 05/27/09 01:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

your assumption is correct.  you can keep plants under light schedules that will keep them vegging indefinitely.  many people keep mother plants this way, and harvest clones off them to remove for flowering. 

tying plants down is one of my favorite things to do.  gets them bushy and huge.  just don't get carried away with how big your vegging plant is getting, it's easy to forget they will easily double in size during flowering.  the only limitation is the size of your grow area.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Is the Length of the Veg Phase up to Me? [Re: tophernotsocool]
    #232949 - 05/27/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tophernotsocool said:
i might be wrong but you can basically veg indefinitely if you have the right light power and supply to feed its accumulative needs, and is your choice as to when flowering begins, there is a minimum time to start flowering with inconsistent requirements including having 4 nodes/pre-flower/sexual conf./maturity and alternations, but never heard of a maximum. just switch to 12/12 when you feel its a good time. beware, during the flower phase, plants can double, triple, and in rarer cases even quadruple in height.

i have succesfully directly flowered a clone before....without 4 nodes or preflowers.....you get like a 1 gram bud....but its possible....

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineFugueRider
God! I Love Psychedelics!
 User Gallery

Re: Is the Length of the Veg Phase up to Me? [Re: Yrat]
    #233149 - 05/27/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
your assumption is correct.  you can keep plants under light schedules that will keep them vegging indefinitely.  many people keep mother plants this way, and harvest clones off them to remove for flowering. 

tying plants down is one of my favorite things to do.  gets them bushy and huge.  just don't get carried away with how big your vegging plant is getting, it's easy to forget they will easily double in size during flowering.  the only limitation is the size of your grow area.

That's cool dude - On top of the subject of the post, you just answered like two other questions that I have been wondering about.

:sun: Peace :sun:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies