Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Thoughts on going commercial...
    #692681 - 11/08/13 08:59 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

So, I'm curious to know if anyone here has really looked into growing in Washington or Colorado under the new commercial laws?

I'm thinking it may be the easiest route to go in the long run if I want to be a successfull breeder. Popping a couple thousand seeds to pheno hunt is a lot easier without worrying about the feds knocking down your door... lol

So what do you guys think? Will it be worth the red tape and paperwork to run a commercial indoor warehouse grow?

--------------------
My best run so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thoughts on going commercial... [Re: Tank333]
    #692700 - 11/08/13 11:37 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Possibly, as long as you have the security and cash to get started. The feds recently said they'd let WA and CO go ahead with legalization, just going to be watching to make sure no child access basically. A friend of mine was just talking about going commercial, not sure if he's serious.

Growing commercial might be disappointing if they're going to make sure to kief all the buds to bring the thc down.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #692712 - 11/09/13 02:37 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

The cops will let the state laws take effect and crap but when you go over 99 plants you are taking the chance of the feds busting you. Over 99 plants is a 5 year mandatory minimum.

Remember even though WA is legal once you go over 40 grams the laws are harsher then in many of the states where it isn't even legal yet.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thoughts on going commercial... [Re: Magash]
    #692716 - 11/09/13 05:56 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

A friend told me about his buddy that got busted in Idaho like 20 years ago with a 900 plant SOG and when he went to buy a house in Washington they put up a red flag and supposedly the DEA told him that they didn't care if he grew bud, just don't go over 45.

I'm not so sure the cops are going to come in and mess with the state registered grows if they're following the rules. You never really know though I would give it a 50-50 chance of going either way. Cannabis is really starting to become more widely accepted and people are not wanting to spend the money and resources trying to suppress a billion dollar industry. Its starting to occur to people that everybody smokes. Its not a regional problem or a race problem or a social class problem, its a supply and demand problem. People across the entire world smoke bud at the risk of some pretty damn harsh laws, but they do it anyway.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

#692723 - 11/09/13 08:29 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Here's some info for CO that you should know. Taken from colorado.gov.
Licensees must be residents of Colorado for at least two years prior to date of application.
For one year, limit new applications for adult‐use (Amendment 64) marijuana licenses to medical
marijuana licensees in good standing.

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Thoughts on going commercial... [Re: NameInUse]
    #692734 - 11/09/13 10:44 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
The cops will let the state laws take effect and crap but when you go over 99 plants you are taking the chance of the feds busting you. Over 99 plants is a 5 year mandatory minimum.

Remember even though WA is legal once you go over 40 grams the laws are harsher then in many of the states where it isn't even legal yet.

:happyweed:

I have a feeling the feds won't enforce federal mandatory minimum standards as long as the commercial producers are properly licenced and following state regs to a tee.

And fuck their 40 gram bullshit! Between me, my wife and my patient I caregive for, I can carry up to four and a half pounds! Lol

Quote:

NameInUse said:
Here's some info for CO that you should know. Taken from colorado.gov.
Licensees must be residents of Colorado for at least two years prior to date of application.
For one year, limit new applications for adult‐use (Amendment 64) marijuana licenses to medical
marijuana licensees in good standing.

Thanks for the info. I'm not gonna be doing anything in Colorado though. Its just too far away from my family. I would prefer to stay in Washington as long as the rules here are decent...

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds