Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekrypto2000

Loc: Slightly off the Ground
Is there any benefit to pouring bong water into the plant?
    #687226 - 10/02/13 01:28 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

There should at the least be cannabinoids and carbon in the water, I'm not sure what else. I know carbon is beneficial, and I would imagine the plant would absorb the THC since it comes from itself (any idea?). Not sure if there's anything harmful in the water on the other hand though I wouldn't think so. Has anyone tried this or have any information on it?

Edited by krypto2000 (10/02/13 01:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is there any benefit to pouring bong water into the plant? [Re: krypto2000]
    #687228 - 10/02/13 01:47 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

No...

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Is there any benefit to pouring bong water into the plant? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #687229 - 10/02/13 01:58 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

are we pretending we're in junior high again??

Offlinekrypto2000

Re: Is there any benefit to pouring bong water into the plant? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #687230 - 10/02/13 02:04 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I could use a logical reason against it, have you guys actually considered the benefits or are you just mocking me because it seems contrary upon first glance?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #687231 - 10/02/13 02:19 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Well your logic is along the same lines as adding tryptophan into the substrate of mushrooms.  Sounds good, but doesn't actually work in real life. 

Marijuana wouldn't absorb any actives, what little if any there are, from the water.  It creates THC and other Cannabinoids, not absorb the through the root system.

And carbon that would be in the water is going to be so minimal that it will have no effect.

Will it be harmful, doubt it.  But it would pointless.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinekrypto2000

Re: Is there any benefit to pouring bong water into the plant? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #687234 - 10/02/13 02:38 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

It would be more equivalent of adding one of the active alkaloids back to growing mushrooms, not tryptophan, which afaik hasn't been tested.

OfflineTomCollins

#687235 - 10/02/13 02:44 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

:nonono:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinekrypto2000

Re: Is there any benefit to pouring bong water into the plant? [Re: TomCollins]
    #687238 - 10/02/13 03:02 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

So the conclusion is that no one has tried it or researched it at all, but no it doesn't work? Got it.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is there any benefit to pouring bong water into the plant? [Re: TomCollins]
    #687239 - 10/02/13 03:09 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

The bulk of a plants weight comes from CO2 that the plant pulls from the atmosphere, releasing the oxygen back out through a process called photosynthesis. CO2 supplement and environmental factors speed up the uptake.

If you want carbon in the substrate get some humus, its fully* decomposed plant material(mostly carbon), but the plant doesn't use the carbon out of it, as its reached a point of stability and doesn't break down. Humus plays an important role, but not for its carbon releasing capabilities. Your dead root cells will also break down to their elemental form leaving some carbon behind as well.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (10/02/13 03:28 PM)

Offlineisic
Stranger

Loc: Denver, Colorado Flag
Re: Is there any benefit to pouring bong water into the plant? [Re: phychotron]
    #687311 - 10/02/13 10:53 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Umm I have never heard of that before, but this reminds me of a time when a few friends and I were all tripping on some LSD many years ago. One of my friend says "man I'm not high, I wonder if I'll get high if I drink this bong water?" and he proceeds to chug an entire bong load of the nastiest bong water I have ever seen! After that I said "the fact that you just chugged an entire bong load of that nasty shit proves you ARE high!" Lol, good times!

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #687328 - 10/03/13 12:21 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
So the conclusion is that no one has tried it or researched it at all, but no it doesn't work? Got it.

Not all things have to be tested to know they won't work.  All you have to do, is know a bit about botany and how plants worm, to know they won't be beneficial.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinekrypto2000

Re: Is there any benefit to pouring bong water into the plant? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #687408 - 10/03/13 08:29 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Can you explain why it wouldn't be beneficial though? I've heard taking leaves and making a tea with them can add nutrient to the plants so this seems not unlike that. The water is rather dark brown-yellow so there's definitely *something* in it besides carbon and water, whatever is in there came from the plant so it seems logical to me it may be able to extract some things within it to help it grow. Otherwise so long as it's not likely to harm it I see no reason not to dump it back in there, it's gotta be dumped somewhere so it's best to put it where it might have the most potential benefits. It's certainly not going to benefit the septic tank or the city sewage system.

Edited by krypto2000 (10/03/13 08:30 AM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #687444 - 10/03/13 11:44 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Because the color in the water is coming resin and ash in the water. 

While ash can be a supplement that can help, the amount is so minimal it really isn't going to help.  Hence why I said earlier...

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Will it be harmful, doubt it.  But it would pointless.

Just because, "there's obviously something in it", doesn't mean the things in it are beneficial.  When you are coming up with theories, you don't automatically assume things without some sort of evidence behind it.  And color in water is not a basis for what you are wanting to assume. 

Plus like I said, the majority of the color from that is resin.  Go ahead and try it though.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinekrypto2000

#687450 - 10/03/13 12:08 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Right, like I said I didn't think the carbon(ash) would be particularly beneficial for a current grow as it'd just sit on the surface of the potting soil for the most part, but the resin on the other hand I would think could have some benefit. It may do nothing like you said, I don't know, but I thought it was worth trying. My theory behind why it would work is that it contains things naturally produced by the plant, namely cannabinoids. If the plant already has cannabinoids available in the soil medium then perhaps she'd just absorb those instead of producing them herself ala a suppliment, perhaps she'd absorb them and still produce just as much thus more total alkaloids, perhaps they do nothing to the plant at all and she can't use them but they would fight off competing organisms in the soil thus allowing her to more easily extract nutrients? There's a lot of potential benefits that I can see. The only real negative is that it could maybe introduce harmful fungi and bacteria into the soil which.. well... might harm her.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #687451 - 10/03/13 12:12 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Well I can guarantee that the THC theory you have going wont work.  This is not how THC is produced. 

Again go ahead and try it.  But it wont create more potent bud, nor will the plant absorb shitty cannabinoids that left in the nasty water.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinekrypto2000

#687454 - 10/03/13 12:40 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone ever tried adding THC to see what would happen? If not it seems naive to say one way or the other what the effects might be. Humans, animals, and of course plants, synthesize all kinds of nutrients, alkaloids, etc, yet all of them still can benefit from adding more in. Until I see evidence one way or the other I don't see any reason to draw conclusions about what adding THC and other cannabinoids back to the plant would do.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #687456 - 10/03/13 12:52 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

The plant only uptakes essential building blocks, it doesn't think "hey, this one is almost like the end result, I'll save time by up taking this huge molecule that won't fit through the roots because I'll save time building on that one."

The plant has a process that its been using to manufacture molecules from the ground up for millenia, it doesn't have a mechanism of recycling half used cannabinoids. The plants uptake is based on chemistry, it has a fairly rigid process when it comes to how it operates.

Now if  you wanted to reuse some plant material I suggest you add it to your compost pile and let it break down for a few months before using it. But the burned resin would just be nasty oily stuff in the soil--that stuff isn't even water soluble.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #687460 - 10/03/13 01:47 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

:loldongs:

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinekrypto2000

#687465 - 10/03/13 02:14 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

The only things that are water soluble are obviously going to be in the water, there isn't leaves or oils floating on top of bong water, those get stuck to the edges of the glass. What is burning if not a quick method of composting, why do you think people burn their fields ever winter in preparation for a spring crop? In nature the plant drops all kinds of shit on the ground and then regrows in that same spot next year (unless something comes along and moves the seeds). When they decompose they often form precursors to what actually decomposed, similar things happen with burning. Whether the plant will actually take in the THC or not isn't particularly relevant as the THC might decompose sitting in the soil via naturally occurring fungi and bacteria resulting in building blocks for THC which the plant *can* then use, or they may already have decomposed through combustion and be present in the water. To me it makes a lot of sense, but you guys would rather stay in your small box of confined thought so by all means feel free to stay there. To me this is like saying because humans synthesize vitamins and minerals we don't need to consume any in our diets because they're too big to shove through the pores in our feet.

Edited by krypto2000 (10/03/13 02:16 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #687466 - 10/03/13 02:27 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

You really don't have a basic understanding of biology man.  And the analogies you are using really don't make sense.

A plants roots are it's digestive system.  Our is the intestinal tract, not our feet. 

I'm done discussing something if you aren't really going to listen.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate