Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Is LSD good for you?
    #683349 - 08/27/13 09:56 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LSD is good for you, say Norway researchers

Tales of debilitating acid flash-backs and permanently frazzled synapses are just myths, according to a new scientific report which concludes LSD use may even be beneficial.

"There were no significant associations between lifetime use of any psychedelics, or use of LSD in the past year, and increased rate of any of the mental health outcomes," Pål-Ørjan Johansen and Teri Krebs from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim concluded in their study published in the PLOS One journal on Tuesday.

"Rather, in several cases psychedelic use was associated with a lower rate of mental health problems."

For the study, the researchers analyzed data on the more than 130,000 Americans who took drug use surveys between 2001 and 2004, of which 22,000 had used a psychedelic drug at least once.

"Despite popular perceptions, expert harm assessments have not demonstrated that classical serotonergic psychedelic substances such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline are demonstrated to cause chronic mental health problems," Johansen told The Local.

"Everything has some risk: psychedelics can elicit temporary feelings of anxiety and confusion, but accidents leading to serious injury are extremely rare," Krebs added. 
"Over the past 50 years tens of millions of people have used psychedelics and there just is not much evidence of long-term problems."

She said that their results were consistent with the guidelines of the UN, EU, US, and UK official drug education programs.

Johansen said that earlier studies which demonstrated that psychedelic drugs damaged mental health had been based on a small number of case reports from patients who were already mentally ill.

"Both mental illness and psychedelic use are prevalent in the population, likely leading to many chance associations," he said.

He pointed out that about three percent of people suffer a psychotic disorder over their lifetimes, while as many as one in six Americans have taken psychedelic drugs.

Moreover, as the use of psychedelics and the onset of mental illness both tended to take place in late adolescence, mistaken causal inferences had often been made.

In an earlier study, published last year, the two neuroscientists demonstrated that a single dose of LSD was an effective treatment for alcoholism.

Source

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Is LSD good for you? [Re: Manitou]
    #683360 - 08/27/13 10:58 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Is LSD good for you? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #683374 - 08/27/13 11:21 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I got some friends with mental disorders, and they keep telling me that shrooms and hallucinogens helps them get their shit together, it helps them adapt to society "norms", I'm glad some scientists are finally turning back to the study of these substances

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Is LSD good for you? [Re: Manitou]
    #683446 - 08/27/13 01:48 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gaskelort said:
I got some friends with mental disorders, and they keep telling me that shrooms and hallucinogens helps them get their shit together, it helps them adapt to society "norms", I'm glad some scientists are finally turning back to the study of these substances

Study and application of LSD in therapeutic environments has been ongoing for at least the last 20-30 years.  It may have never actually stopped, but I know for certain the Swiss have been successfully treating things like bulimia, anorexia, and alcoholism for 20+ years with LSD.

I used it therapeutically for a while in my 20s, but I hit a limit of what I could achieve without a trained guide.  In my opinion there are exceptionally few people capable and practiced in the art.  Albeit, there are lots of armchair psychologists that have read Leary or the McKennas.  I wouldn't ask them to be a guide, but maybe a distant babysitter if I was going deep.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag