Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineErgolineFamily

Describe Indicas effects and Sativas effects.
    #215495 - 04/14/09 01:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Format:

Indica-Compare and contrast the effects, cite your sources if you can.

Sativa-Compare and contrast the effects, cite your sources if you can.

If you have reasoning behind these statements please share.

Example: Fake theory: In evolution sativa favored evolving the Chemicals in the plant material on the other hand Indica spent more time evolving the Trichome production and height of the plant.

Edited by ErgolineFamily (04/16/09 12:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: Lsd's Offical FiRsT SeCoNd and 3rd Sativa Indica thread [Re: ErgolineFamily]
    #215571 - 04/14/09 09:04 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Indica.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim elsewise

--------------------

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: Lsd's Offical FiRsT SeCoNd and 3rd Sativa Indica thread [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #215589 - 04/14/09 09:44 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

lol

i have had some uneducated peeps tell me that sativa is sleepy before.

i loled.

--------------------
MARIJUANNNANNANNNANNNANNNANNANNANNNNNANANANAAAAAAAAA!!!!

MY GROW

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: Lsd's Offical FiRsT SeCoNd and 3rd Sativa Indica thread [Re: ErgolineFamily]
    #215644 - 04/14/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

indica dudeski.

but i've seen people get sleepy from every kind of weed.

:shrug:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: Lsd's Offical FiRsT SeCoNd and 3rd Sativa Indica thread [Re: MFDoom666]
    #215683 - 04/14/09 04:50 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MFDoom666 said:
indica dudeski.

but i've seen people get sleepy from every kind of weed.

:shrug:

cuz everyones else's weed is shit ahaha
:gethigh:

not minneeeee though

OfflineErgolineFamily

Re: Lsd's Offical FiRsT SeCoNd and 3rd Sativa Indica thread [Re: Harlz]
    #216147 - 04/16/09 12:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

No one answered the question correctly heres a format. :dancer:

Indica-Effects and cite your source if you can

Sativa-Effects and cite your sources if you can

:mushroom2:

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

#216182 - 04/16/09 05:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Indica-"The indica highs are most often described as a pleasant body buzz. Indicas are great for relaxation, stress relief, and for an overall sense of calm and serenity. Marijuana indicas are also very effective for overall body pain relief, and often used in the treatment of insomnia. They are the late - evening choice of many smokers as an all - night sleep aid. A few pure indica strains are very potent in THC, and will cause the "couchlock" effect, enabling the smoker to simply sit still and enjoy the experience of the smoke."

Sativa-
"The sativa high is often characterized as uplifting and energetic. The effects of a sativa marijuana are mostly cerebral. They give a feeling of optimism and well - being, as well as providing a good measure of pain relief for certain symptoms. A few pure sativas are also very high in THC content. They are known to have a quite spacey, or hallucinogenic, effect. Sativas are a good choice for daytime smoking."

This was all taken from http://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Choosing-Your-Marijuana-Sativa-or-Indica-.html

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #216204 - 04/16/09 09:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ErgolineFamily said:

Dude you have to be joking. You edited your original post like 8 hours ago (after everyone already answered your question) and then post this like we're all jerks for not answering your question? :lol:

--------------------

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: Lsd's Offical FiRsT SeCoNd and 3rd Sativa Indica thread [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #216227 - 04/16/09 09:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah this dude suxx

--------------------
MARIJUANNNANNANNNANNNANNNANNANNANNNNNANANANAAAAAAAAA!!!!

MY GROW

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
    #216246 - 04/16/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ErgolineFamily said:

I hope this helps you out found here at The Growery.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the difference between Indica and Sativa?

Scientifically (and legally), all cannabis is Cannabis Sativa L..
In practice, Indica and Sativa are the names used to distinguish each end of the cannabis 'spectrum'. There are a multitude of different growth-patterns, qualities and effects within this spectrum, most of which are a result of cannabis' remarkable ability to adapt to its environment. Genetically, and in terms of interbreeding, all cannabis is in the same family.

INDICA:

Most Indica varieties come from southern Asia and the Indian subcontinent (Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Tibet, Nepal, etc.).
Indicas are compact and stocky, with dense, heavy, fragrant buds. Indica buds tend to grow in clusters, with varying amounts of space (known as 'internode space') between each cluster.
Indicas are the faster flowering varieties, usually with a flowering time of 6 to 9 weeks.
Indicas do not tend to gain height rapidly once flowering has begun. An Indica may be expected to gain between 50 and 100% of its vegetative height by the end of its flowering period.
The effect of Indica is generally classified as a 'stone', meaning that it is more centred on the body. It may enhance physical sensations such as taste, touch and sound. It has a relaxing effect - mentally and physically - and may be soporific in larger doses.

SATIVA:

Sativas generally originate in the equatorial regions - Thailand, Cambodia, Jamaica, Mexico, etc.
Given the same conditions, Sativas grow taller than Indicas. Sativa buds tend grow larger than Indica, as they run along the length of a branch instead of clustering around the internodes. However, they will usually weigh less than Indica when dry, due to their lower density. Sativa buds also tend to have a less striking odour, both when growing and when dry.
Sativas take longer to flower. They will usually need between 9 and 12 weeks to finish blooming. However, they need far less vegetative time BEFORE flowering than Indicas. So the overall time required for Sativas is about the same as for Indicas (and sometimes less in terms of 'light hours')
Sativas will usually continue to gain height while flowering, often gaining 200%, 300% or more of their vegetative height while flowering. This is because around the equator there is not so much difference in the number of daylight hours between winter and summer. Therefore, Sativas in their native environment will grow and flower at the same time. For this reason indoor growers should not allow a Sativa too much vegetative growth before inducing flowering. When growing from clones, many Sativa varieties may be flowered as soon as the clone has rooted.
Despite their lower weight and potentially longer flowering time, Sativas are valued by many growers for their 'high' effect. This high may be characterized as cerebral, energetic, creative, giggly or even psychedelic. It is less overpowering than the Indica 'stone', and less likely to send the user to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/203901#203901

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: Lsd's Offical FiRsT SeCoNd and 3rd Sativa Indica thread [Re: pong]
    #216345 - 04/16/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

pong said:
yeah this dude suxx

qft bro.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Describe Indicas effects and Sativas effects. [Re: ErgolineFamily]
    #216346 - 04/16/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Answers have been provided. This thread has no reason to continue.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder