Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineihatekarlsomuch
Stranger
Any one used 3 year old nutes?
    #679077 - 07/24/13 01:50 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I found a pint of the GH flora grow/micro/bloom lineup that came with my aeroflo, and that was 3 years ago. Has anyone used nutes that old? I can't tell if the solutes have precipitated out or not because of the dye in the bottles.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any one used 3 year old nutes? [Re: ihatekarlsomuch]
    #679078 - 07/24/13 02:02 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I've used older actually and nothing bad happened. With organic nutrients I wouldn't recommend it. Most nutrients have a date on them on when to use them buy (organic ones that is).

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineihatekarlsomuch
Stranger
Re: Any one used 3 year old nutes? [Re: Magash]
    #679084 - 07/24/13 02:14 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

That's what I figured. I'll be using soil this go around, and was mostly worried about over feeding if the nutes had dropped out of solution and I couldn't tell due to the dye.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any one used 3 year old nutes? [Re: ihatekarlsomuch]
    #679108 - 07/24/13 05:19 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ihatekarlsomuch said:
That's what I figured. I'll be using soil this go around, and was mostly worried about over feeding if the nutes had dropped out of solution and I couldn't tell due to the dye.

With my experience when that has happened when you shake the bottle it sounds like there  is sand in it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleIcepick
Stranger
 User Gallery

#679114 - 07/24/13 07:30 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

ihatekarlsomuch said:

With my experience when that has happened when you shake the bottle it sounds like there  is sand in it.

Bummer, I've totally had bottles do the sand/pebbles sound and wondered what the hell was going on. I was thinking maybe I let water get in with the nutes or something. Is shaking up the bottle vigorously good enough to mix it up and still feed with it? I've even had it happen in nutes that were relatively new...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any one used 3 year old nutes? [Re: Icepick]
    #679115 - 07/24/13 07:34 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

You know I did that one time. I shook it till I didn't hear the sound anymore and they worked. I didn't do it hydro though I was in soil at that time. Pour a little into a glass and check it out if it doesn't look like there is sugar moving around in it they should work buuuuuuuuuuut I can't say for sure so it's gonna be a roll of the dice type of thing.

--------------------

InvisibleIcepick
Stranger
 User Gallery

#679118 - 07/24/13 07:45 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Right on, one bottle of Grow Big (soil) is doing it now but it seems to be getting the job done. I wonder if this happens when its been sitting on the grow store shelf for a long time. Like if I accidentally bought the display bottle  :shrug:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any one used 3 year old nutes? [Re: Icepick]
    #679128 - 07/24/13 08:33 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I wonder if this happens when its been sitting on the grow store shelf for a long time. Like if I accidentally bought the display bottle  :shrug:

This can absolutely happen. Some stores aren't making that much money and they don't restock as often as they should and it sits on a shelf let alone be a display bottle.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies