Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Re: grow tent too hot (moved) [Re: Canna-Bliss]
    #673202 - 05/31/13 12:28 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

To be honest I don't know much about greenhouse growing. When I first started I read everything in the indoor/outdoor bible except that part. It looks like you've for sure got the space down. I personally don't think they would not do too well with that high of heat. The ratio of gases(O2 CO2) may not be good for growth. But I'm just assuming.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: grow tent too hot (moved) [Re: GreenHorns]
    #673205 - 05/31/13 12:52 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

i'm not an expert in greenhouses.  I haven't grown in them personally.  But all the people I see who use them, have just the top covered, and maybe down the side some.  MJ loves a lot of fresh air.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineCanna-Bliss
The man in the back
 User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Re: grow tent too hot (moved) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #673220 - 05/31/13 02:51 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome feedback, thanks y'all.  I cut out the top half of the back of it (about 5' x 6') from the roof down, so I could still keep a 3 - 4' wall with an open 'window' type thing.

I also grabbed some misting equipment that I ran around the entire 'roof-line' inside it, with flexible spickets (nozzles?), whatever they are, at about 2' apart.  T-nozzle w/ a water filter and an auto-drain valve off the end.  Should bring it down temperature wise, while allowing the plants to utilize more water, which in turn allows them to use more CO2... and thus grow and function better overall.

Did your friends who greenhoused (new verb lol) have success in the end?

Thanks a ton for the solid feedback so quick... helps with the stress.

...by the way, I'm only into this whole structure about 40 - 50 bucks... so it may have validity... *keeps the faith*

Oh yeah, I'll use pics when I can, it's essential for getting more direct answers.

Thanks again.

~ Canna-Bliss The Cat ~

--------------------
"Do you hear of fear or... do I smash the mirror?"

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #673225 - 05/31/13 04:39 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Why the spray system?  You don't really want to be misting your plants.  The whole point of having them covered is so that they don't get rained on, but you are intentionally making it rain so to speak.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineCanna-Bliss
The man in the back
 User Gallery

#673310 - 06/01/13 11:04 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

...greenhouses are designed to capture energy normally lost into the atmosphere by allowing light energy in, but trapping radiant heat energy into the structure.  Greenhouses almost universally have misting systems to provide as much or as little water as needed.  They give growers far more control of the environment and allow myriad different modifications to be made to said environment.

That's why the current global warming is characterized by accumulation of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere...

By the way, this is San Diego man, there isn't any rain.

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#673341 - 06/01/13 06:46 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Why the spray system?  You don't really want to be misting your plants.  The whole point of having them covered is so that they don't get rained on, but you are intentionally making it rain so to speak.

I thought it was beneficial to foliar feed a couple times during veg and give them a rinse to keep the pores clean of nute buildup every now and again. Have I been hearing ass talk?

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#673363 - 06/01/13 08:49 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Crap my tent is up to 88*f even after ducting the light outside and reducing the tent to a rack with reflective backing on 2 sides. And raised the light. I'm buying an a/c for this bastard.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #673411 - 06/02/13 12:43 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

There is absolutely NO need to foliar feed. 

Bummer about the tent man.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#673413 - 06/02/13 01:02 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm I'll lay off it for a while and see what happens. I have a window ac in there now so keeping it right should be no problem till the electric bill comes. When I figure out who supplies internet out here I'll upload some pics and get the grow journal with the 1000w light going. I have the feeling these plants will yield their balls off.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineCanna-Bliss
The man in the back
 User Gallery

#673691 - 06/06/13 04:26 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I think there was a misunderstanding or something...  I don't know anything about foliar feeding.... the plants needed mist to A) cool the air, and B) allow for more stable photosynthesis...

I think the climate here is not very normal, and the hot and dry conditions require intervention.  This greenhouse is kicking ass for me right now... the environment simulates the dank, tropical climate it is happiest in.

I'm planning on one little 'veggie-state' plant to be a mum for me.  I will have pictures to update any success...

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #673694 - 06/06/13 05:37 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Well let's just hold on there.  You think all marijuana evolved in jungles?  That's simply not true. 

The most humidity you need would be 30 percent.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
    #673698 - 06/06/13 07:18 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Im pretty sure in veg it wont be a big deal but in flower it could be a problem. I could understand a few strains not minding high RH...maybe some mold resistant varieties or somethin...but misting all your plants during flowering seems like asking for mold.

Ive foliar fed during veg before...some products help, but in my experience the benefit isnt worth the cost. I cant even think of foliar spraying during flower...that just doesnt seem right to me.

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Re: grow tent too hot (moved) [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #673780 - 06/06/13 07:47 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Of course not. I've only done foliar feeding in the mature veg stage. When its in a 3 gallon pot. I haven't seen anything adverse from it but again I've also never not done it. I am curious what change I'll see by holding back on spraying.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#673781 - 06/06/13 07:50 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

And also tent is stable and plants are thriving. Day 1 flower is Sunday.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineCanna-Bliss
The man in the back
 User Gallery

Re: grow tent too hot (moved) [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #673838 - 06/07/13 05:20 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Well let's just hold on there.  You think all marijuana evolved in jungles?  That's simply not true. 

The most humidity you need would be 30 percent.

Dude... stop with bizarre conjecture.  I never said anything like that... my strain thrives in humid, warm jungle.

Also, how can you first make a statement about the varied climate conditions that pot experienced in it's evolution.... and then tell me exactly how much humidity my (unknown to you) strain requires.

Stop responding so impulsively, it makes you seem kinda full of shit honestly...

Try contributing more and detracting less.... out of almost 9,000 posts, I can only wonder how many hair-brained responses these poor people have had to sift thru....

P.S.  By the way, "The most humidity you need would be 30 percent" is probably suitable for you, but is dead wrong depending on the stage of the plant, it's strain, and the local climate - which you obviously didn't even factor into your "one size fits all" generalization.

Thanks for the (bad) help, it re-affirmed my instinct as my guide.

--------------------

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

#673867 - 06/08/13 06:07 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Look what you did now hawk
:spank:

--------------------

OfflineCanna-Bliss
The man in the back
 User Gallery

#676305 - 06/26/13 09:37 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Hawk, do you mind if I quote this in the future... it's such a perfect example of you not knowing how to help people, but you are still compelled to feed whatever crap you think you know as fact.

You have made it quite clear that you simply shouldn't be posting in the outdoor/greenhouse cultivation section.  Your advice would have killed my plants.....

You want me to put up or shut up.....

Sorry, but incredibly difficult work and studies do not allow for constant posts about how "I may not know what I'm talking about.... but I have to validate my existence..."

What's your education (formal or otherwise), what do you do for a living that makes a difference to the community as a whole, and how can you say that spending ALL your time on these boards is truly that helpful.... I mean, you just end up saying "that was my point, I don't know shit, and I have plenty of nothing to say."

I never do this crap, but I have a feeling you are the troll... think about it... 10,000 posts, all requiring further edification, and you have no job or education beyond the 7th grade.

Don't just call me an asshole and assume that because I call your bluff, I'm the bad guy.

If you have the brains that you think you have, then how about we delve into neuropharmacology, chemistry, and physics.... because that's what it all comes down to in the end. 

P.S. Sorry for my scant posting... but I have a tremendous amount of job satisfaction, and I don't think there's a single category you know more than I.  I'm setting aside 10 minutes to do this, because I know you are a fraud.

Put up or shut up.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #676327 - 06/27/13 05:10 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I love how you came back 20 days later and started berating me for shit that was said a few posts ago.

But let's get this out of the way.  My advice in all likely hood would not have killed your plants.  Even clones don't really need much more than 30% humidity.  Hence a lot of people not even using domes anymore.  So regardless of the stage your plant is in, 30% would work for all strains of marijuana out there.

Now some strains do tolerate different conditions differently.  I have some that can thrive very well in 90 degree weather, some not so much.  But I have yet to see a single strain of marijuana that doesn't flourish at 30% humidity.  And I've been doing this for a minute or two.

And why attack me on what I do for a living?  That has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything on these boards.  But if you must know I've done a number of things through my life.  The majority of which has been in the veterinary field.  I've logged thousands of hours in volunteer work with wildlife rehab programs, and dedicated well over a decade of my life to helping animals.  Is that good enough for you?  What are YOU doing that is so important? 

I never tried to claim that I know more than you.  It seems like you are being very defensive, especially since I hadn't said anything in a while and you just keep going on.  Is there maybe something else that's bothering you man?  And you just feel the need to take it out on me?  If so that's cool.  I could really care less about how you feel about me.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

#676333 - 06/27/13 07:52 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

You know some mods over on the shroomery ban for pleasure

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: grow tent too hot (moved) [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #676361 - 06/27/13 11:57 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Lol, Yeah, well I'm not going to ban someone for giving me their opinion.  But I'm done with this now.  It's not going to go anywhere useful.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies