Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-Baked

Loc: MN
Willow Tea
    #674579 - 06/15/13 08:05 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys! First post of the growery for me lol. Been a shroomery member for a little over a year under the same username. So hello fellow cannabis lovers! :rasta:

OK... So first off, I searched the growery for willow tea, and found very little mentioning of it, so I figured I would bring it up with you guys. I'm pretty much a noob at growing, and have only one grow under my belt, so correct me if my statements contain poor information.

So my dad use to manage a greenhouse like 20+ years ago. I was talking to him about cloning and he told me that they use to use willow tea when they took cuttings from tomato plants and they would also water plants with it as an added organic boost. I'm currently using it on my seedlings and since I started using it, they have been super perked up and just eager to grow.

I'll present two methods to make this.

1st method is my dads method. Gather up some willow leaves, and green twigs. Then cut them up some and put them In a jar with water. Close the jar and put it in the window sill for about a week. Boom willow tea lol.

2nd method is the one I did, and found on YouTube. Just search willow tea and you should find it. Pretty much just simmer the leaves and twigs in water for about an hour and then you have some willow tea. You can even steepe it further in the fridge like I did and it gets waaay more darker (chlorophyll I'm assuming).

Has anyone with some real experience in cannabis cultivation ever tried this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Willow Tea [Re: PeaceLove]
    #674580 - 06/15/13 08:22 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Willow bark extract is probably the oldest rooting hormone known. I have never made the tea but ive read about it a lot. Apparently way back the day they would just break a branch and use the sap as hormone.

I know it works though. General hydros rapid start has willow extract and that stuff works pretty good.

I might just try that tea.

Cool post!

--------------------

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-Baked

Re: Willow Tea [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #674582 - 06/15/13 09:44 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I'd recommend trying it! Especially if you're paying for willow extract lol. This way costs about as much as the containers you're using to cook and/or store it in. Collect rain water if you have no running water lol.

Let me know how it goes for you in this post when you try it. The more experimentation, the better!

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-Baked

#674583 - 06/15/13 10:01 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I just realized there's a subforum I should of posted this in, so apologies for that! If a mod wants to move this, feel free! I won't complain lol.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #674596 - 06/15/13 01:13 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Its fine where it is. And yes, willow area is a very old technique, but can be very beneficial as well.  You should post some pics for us. I know its a simple process, but you could also do a tek/pictorial for it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-Baked

Re: Willow Tea [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #674658 - 06/15/13 07:00 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I'll try and remember to do it next time I make it

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale