Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

Early Aussie grow.
    #674474 - 06/14/13 04:21 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I decided to join up after reading plenty of indoor grow logs for the last month, been so bored on work cover at the moment and will be fo a few months. So what better time to start my first indoor.
The main pupose is to veg out some plants for outdoor and probably flower a couple for the experience.

The earliest we usually plant over in Aus is the first month of spring but I plan to get some early ones going indoors, have done so much research and have reveged plenty outdoor plants that have grown over winter, got a small harvest in spring, then reveged over summer into monsters. I'm going to try and get them to take outdoors without flowering in spring, just straight to trees. Any Aussie indoor growers here? I'm trying to get some info on what some good trustee indoor nutes over here.
Been growing outdoor all my life and would love to know if we have anything similar to fox farms over here?

Oh yeh you guys have an AWSOME site so many buds.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescrapske
Stranger

Re: Early Aussie grow. [Re: COOKED101]
    #674482 - 06/14/13 07:03 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

goodluck mate, im keen for outdoor this upcomin season

InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

Re: Early Aussie grow. [Re: scrapske]
    #674483 - 06/14/13 07:11 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Cheers mate, just ordered my first 40 seeds for this year, all down to the mailman.:smile:

--------------------

InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

Re: Early Aussie grow.t [Re: COOKED101]
    #675078 - 06/17/13 11:20 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I am going to buy some equipment in the next day or two as my seeds are on there way, I plan to utilise my cupboard/wardrobe, it's 1metre wide, 1.6metres long and 2.3 high with a shelf 700mm below the ceiling, which leaves me 1.6metres max in flower with the bottom of the light hanging just below the shelf. The shelf is 400mm wide and stretches the whole length. The wardrobe has no light gaps except a finger width at the bottom.

I wasn't to keen to have a go indoors after reading so many cupboard/box grow logs and designs because of having to cut two holes for ventilation, wait a minute, I opened the wardrobe again looked up at the ceiling and there it was, a square man hole access with a loose piece of plaster board covering it. You beauty no cutting.

So I've been reading so much on lights and I want to be using MH,HPS, I want to do it right and simple as possible, I was thinking a 250w I think a 400 might be a bit over kill for this amount of space. It will be holding 3 females in there from start to finish it may have a few more in there for the veg cycle, some extras for outside.

I plan to have an intake sucking fresh air from the ensuite next door to wardrobe, the shower is never used so my ducting will sucking where the shower exhaust is. Ill run the ducting a couple metres in the ceiling then down through the man hole to a 4 inch inline on the shelf then more ducting to the end of the shelf down the wall and blowing from under the plants. My exhaust will be a 4 inch inline too, I will be get an air cooled hood, run ducting to the exhaust inline on the shelf to the up the manhole and into the ceiling.

I've got a lot on my mind soil, nutes, Mylar. Drainage and water collection without loosing room.

Any how if any ones got any input it would be appreciated a lot, I've read so much in the last few weeks everyday but nothin like first hand knowledge. Oh yeh I've been doing outdoor for 15 years but this is my first indoor attempt I'm just not sure on the 250w light and the fans spose there's only one way to find out. Cheers

--------------------

Offlinescrapske
Stranger

#677099 - 07/05/13 03:11 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

all the best with the next indoor grow brother

oi would you by any chance have any good advice for a newbie aussie grower with outdoors?

cheers in advance bud

InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

Re: Early Aussie grow.t [Re: scrapske]
    #677100 - 07/05/13 05:08 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Cheers bro it's all happening, got the setup up and running http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/676321 . Seed bank delivered, and only one seed hasn't germinated out of 30 in 48 hrs, most of them were ready for planting after the first 24 hrs. The last of them got put in today shouldn't be long till the pop there heads up.

All of these are going out bush, it's about 6 to 8 weeks early to be germinating for summer and way to cold outside at the moment so ill keep these under the 400mh which is mimicing sunrise to sunset times and increasing as the days are getting longer now. Ill do this for 4 weeks then harden them off in my outside nursery for a week, 2 tops then out they go.

Ill start a proper indoor grow after this, coir setup and a scrog screen, I know it's my first time indoor but I'm going to give the scrog a go, from what I've read the key is to fill your screen 2inchx2inch mesh, let the new growth poke through 5 inches max and change over to 12/12 hps, keep the light as close to 6 inches as possible without getting toasted, use your hand as a guide.

If going outdoor, in the ground is the go if you can, the more goodness you put in your holes the better the reward is, I dig a 60cm hole, 50 cm wide, in some nice fluffy peat if its that sort of area. A small tarp is very handy when digging the hole, shuvell the soil on the tarp. I put a solid handfull or more of dynamic lifter pellets in with soil on the tarp, then mix through with your hands a pinch of water crystals helps not too much though a pinch is plenty before I put the soil mix back in the hole, I drop 4 pilchards in the bottom of the hole then lift the tarp by the corners and shoot all the soil back in the hole with no hassle, clean and neat. I always do this a good 4 weeks before planting, 2 months is even better. Some mesh and rat sack helps keep the criters away. Most important thing is light. If it doesn't get enough direct light your buds will never get big or dense. Hope this helps.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #677124 - 07/05/13 08:19 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I know it's my first time indoor but I'm going to give the scrog a go, from what I've read the key is to fill your screen 2inchx2inch mesh, let the new growth poke through 5 inches max and change over to 12/12 hps

The only difference between what your saying and mine is I don't worry about the letting them only get 5 inches.

Sorry for the shitty pic but it's at least 8 years old.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

Re: Early Aussie grow.t [Re: Magash]
    #677129 - 07/05/13 10:18 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the tip Magash, last thing I want is to outgrow my area, I've seen it on a couple of logs were its got way to crowded. It's pretty chilled out here compared to the shroomery, which suites me just fine. Time to start a grow journal and share some pics.:smile:

--------------------

Edited by COOKED101 (07/15/13 10:04 AM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Early Aussie grow.t [Re: COOKED101] * 1
    #677155 - 07/05/13 01:45 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

i love pics

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #677157 - 07/05/13 01:53 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

I know it's my first time indoor but I'm going to give the scrog a go, from what I've read the key is to fill your screen 2inchx2inch mesh, let the new growth poke through 5 inches max and change over to 12/12 hps

The only difference between what your saying and mine is I don't worry about the letting them only get 5 inches.

Sorry for the shitty pic but it's at least 8 years old.

how old was that plant at time of pic.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Early Aussie grow.t [Re: GreenHorns]
    #677161 - 07/05/13 04:50 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

That was a plant that had been grow in a green house and brought back in after harvesting. The roots were chopped and I tried to reveg it and what you see is the result.

Looks impressive cause of the huge stalk but I could have got that yield from a plant started from seed and I should have cause the time it took for the plant to revert and get over a ton of shock was way to long.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #677162 - 07/05/13 05:26 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah that stalk looks incredible for the height. Probably pretty damn exquisite smoking buds with a feeding system so developed aye?

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Early Aussie grow.t [Re: GreenHorns]
    #677191 - 07/05/13 09:02 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah that stalk looks incredible for the height

That's because 3/4 of the plant was cut off before the plant was put in that system. That whole thing was a experiment. The plant was not in a dwc system in that pic but getting sprayed like the inside of a ez-cloner.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies