Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleStrandedVoyager

The Official Vaporizer Thread
    #66918 - 06/26/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Kids,

I thought it would be cool to start a thread about vaporizers. The first time I smoked out of a vaporizer was about two years ago, however I just bought my first vaporizer about two months ago. Since I bought it after smoking pot for nearly ten years, I'm having the best highs of my life. It's to the point now that except when I'm driving, I will not smoke out of anything but a vaporizer. I know that makes me seem like an asshole or an elitist but the difference is so big in my mind. Literally in my opinion the highs you get from smoking pot from a vaporizer is so much better and lasts longer than just smoking from a pipe, bong, blunt, joint, knives, etc. So I think this thread should be about vaporizers. If you own a certain model post a picture and a review about it. If you have questions about vaporizers, ask them here. And let's just keep it going because I fucking love vaporizers and I want everyone to try them and get into them because you guys won't be sorry :grin:

Okay so here's my model.

Name: I have no idea

Info: I have absolutely no idea what model my vaporizer is. It looks just like this one expect it's bigger with a cool little stash drawer under the heating element big enough to hold maybe a half ounce of weed. It's all electronic which is cool because I hate to fool with knobs. I picked it up at a local smoke shop for $99.99 but I've seen models that look like this online anywhere from $50 to $150. I'm pretty sure mine is a Chinese knock off because it came with directions that consisted of hilariously bad broken English. Also I've seen these types of vaporizers being made and being sold from at least a dozen different companies.

Use: Turn vaporizer on, set temperature, wait for unit to heat up. Grind up some pot and put it in the big end of the hose. When the temperature is hot enough, connect hose to vaporizer and smoke.

Pros: Such a simple and basic vaporizer. I don't want to have to go to college for two years to figure out how to work something. This beast is simple and efficient and gives great hits.

Also an unexpected pro is with the digital display on the front, as you breath the vapor in, the vaporizer will cool and the temperature of the unit will drop. We've actually invented the THC Olympics where we'll see how who can get the vaporizer to drop the furtherest. The way we play is to let the vaporizer get to the 420 degrees and then hit it as hard as we can. The record right now is 129 I think.

This vaporizer is a fucking tank man. It's been dropped a couple of times and always stood up to the beating. It's also been in heavy use since I bought and so far continues working magnificently.

Cons: The screen the hose is unbelievable hard to replace. I spent nearly two hours the other day fucking with the screens in the unit trying to replace them. It is really my only source of annoyance with this vaporizer but it is a real bitch to replace the screens. The broken english directions don't tell you how and the videos and instructions on the internet are complicated. What makes me the angriest is the poor design in regards to the screens. If they had simply employed a twist lock two piece bowl piece rather than a one piece, this system would be almost perfect. However, this one flaw while small will come back to annoy the fuck out of you every few weeks.

The fact that according to the display, the temperature swings so much would probably annoy the more upper-class realm of pot smokers. To me it's just fine because honestly the time it takes to get back to it's target temperature is time I need to catch my breath and prepare myself for the next hit. However, it really isn't consistent in terms of the flow of pot you get. However, the way I do it is I hit it and get it as far down as I can and then let it build back to 350 to 400 and go again. It really doesn't matter because honestly after about five or six good rips, I'm taking little baby tokes because the first five or six rips fucked me up so good that I can only do baby hits. It's really not a problem to me, but I could see how this would annoy others.

Stoned Rating - 9 out of 10

For comparisons

Joint - 3 out of 10
Blunt - 5 out of 10
Bong - 6 out of 10
Hookah - 7.5 out of 10
Knife Hits - 5 out of 10

Edited by StrandedVoyager (06/26/08 08:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
Re: The Official Vaporizer Thread [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #66921 - 06/26/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

you'd rather smoke weed out of a hookah than a bong?

--------------------

heady nugz

InvisibleStrandedVoyager

Re: The Official Vaporizer Thread [Re: wowitch420]
    #66922 - 06/26/08 07:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Using hookah charcoals I would. Mixing up some pot with some hookah tobacco and then smoking it with friends was my favorite method before I got a vaporizer. But honestly that's why I switched to a vaporizer because it was killing my throat and the high was kind of dirty to me. The longer the pot smoking experience goes, the more I tend to like it.

Bongs are great man, they're the staple of the pot smoking culture. But they're kind of inefficient in my mind and the pot goes quick. I still have a pretty vicious collection of bongs though accumulated through the years though :laugh:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #66924 - 06/26/08 07:43 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've never smoked a hookah :frown:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Re: The Official Vaporizer Thread [Re: captain.koons]
    #66927 - 06/26/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i own a volcano.  I don't think i need to say anything more then that :wink:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleStrandedVoyager

#66929 - 06/26/08 07:46 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Smoking Hookah is one of my favorite past-times, and it's a great social activity as well. When it's you and a couple of other people sitting in a basement somewhere or a calm room somewhere with some cool music in the background and you're just smoking the hookah, some of the best times, connections, and conversations you'll ever have will occur. And when you throw some pot into the hookah, man... it is some good times. :laugh:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #66930 - 06/26/08 07:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I need to buy a volcano or some sort of high end vape soon. Prehaps I'll go with a high end RooR.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleStrandedVoyager

#66932 - 06/26/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've smoked a Volcano before for a high times taste test thing believe it or not. Those are definitely the 10 on my Stoned Rating. The way that beautiful machine fucked me and my friend up is still legendary to this day. I really am considering saving the money to get one but honestly my little cheap chinese vaporizer is so fucking amazing for a fifth of the price that I wonder if I should even shell out the bucks. Probably soon once I get bored with my chinese knock-off but we'll see.

Does anyone else find the high from vaporizers can last as long as three days? I might be alone in this and it might get me some hate, but I seriously believe this and can elaborate if anyone wants.

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
    #66933 - 06/26/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I love hookahs too. Its great throwin some hash in there with the shisha as well. I prefer it to weed in there. But bongs definitely get me higher.

The THC+nicotine that the hookah delivers is great

--------------------

heady nugz

Offlinegodspeedyou
to the face
Male

#66934 - 06/26/08 07:52 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I don't see how knife hits could be better than J's. It's so inconvenient.

--------------------
Try to realize it's all within yourself
No-one else can make you change

Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

#66935 - 06/26/08 07:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

the model you're describing is the exact one i've been thinking about getting for a while. It's nice to hear an unbiased review. overall you would recommend?

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

InvisibleStrandedVoyager

Re: The Official Vaporizer Thread [Re: godspeedyou]
    #66937 - 06/26/08 07:56 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Keep in mind my ratings are just my opinions, I don't profess that my ideas or words are the gospel or completely true. However, my ratings were based mainly upon impact, quality of high, ease of use and length of high. I think knife hits dominate joints on impact and are easier to prepare while joints have a better quality and length. It's just my opinion though.

Also Wowwitch, if you want to try an experience with your hookah. Try throwing some whiskey or high proof drinking alcohol into your hookah reservoir while your smoking. There is a lot of varying debate on whether this does anything or not but having tried it, I'm fairly certain there is a strange thirty minute to hour long buzz that comes from it.

InvisibleStrandedVoyager

Re: The Official Vaporizer Thread [Re: tsollost]
    #66941 - 06/26/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tsollost said:
the model you're describing is the exact one i've been thinking about getting for a while. It's nice to hear an unbiased review. overall you would recommend?

Absolutely. Honestly I was completely cynical when I bought it. I bought it on a impulse and was angry at myself afterwards for spending so much money on some Chinese piece of shit that looked like it was going to break in a week. And then I used it for the first time. And I can honestly say that this vaporizer is one of the greatest things I've ever owned or used. Aside from the anger session I had trying to replace the screen, this thing has been a dream and been flawless. I would highly recommend them, especially for the price.

In fact that reminds me of what I wanted to say originally. You could pick one of these vaporizers up for probably $70 to $90 online or pick one up in a local headshop. Now they may seem a bit spendy, especially to the nickel and dime pot heads or the younger pot heads out there. However, that's the price of a decent bong. And also it's been my experience with vaporizers that the highs are so much better and last so much longer, and you also use about a third of the pot you normally would. All this is just my opinion though.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #66943 - 06/26/08 08:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

for me

vape = 10
bong = 8
blunt = 7

I smoke a lot of joints so it's kinda biased.. that's my preferance because it's always availible.

Blunts would get a 9 if waste wasn't an issue. I love smoking blunts is freaken awesome.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

#66944 - 06/26/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i've seen them a few places on the internet just haven't had the extra cash laying around. it definitely is priced right though

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

Offlinegodspeedyou
to the face
Male

Re: The Official Vaporizer Thread [Re: tsollost]
    #67245 - 06/27/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've actually been wanting a vaporizer for quite a while now, being pretty much a health nut nowadays.

Does anyone know any good online distributor I can get a reliable one for about a hundred? Links would be appreciated.

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #67250 - 06/27/08 01:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i've never used a vape before.  and i don't know anybody (besides you guys) that that has ever owned one. 
are they worth the money?    maybe some dayi'll get me one

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #67275 - 06/27/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

godspeedyou said:
I've actually been wanting a vaporizer for quite a while now, being pretty much a health nut nowadays.

Does anyone know any good online distributor I can get a reliable one for about a hundred? Links would be appreciated.

I'd just get a vape genie if I was only to spend 100$

then I'd upgrade to a volcano or something.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
    #67362 - 06/27/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Original Vapor Bros. here. This is the vapo that started the "wooden box" trend. I highly recommend the vapor bros. brand, they are very durable and well made. This one has been in constant use for over 3 years.

There are lots of imitators, most probably work just the same. It's no volcano obviously, but it is my preferred smoking method. especially with a new screen and cleaned out whip and some tasty nugs.

when i really wanna smoke hella dope, i fire up two vapos at once.

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

Offlinegodspeedyou
to the face
Male

Re: The Official Vaporizer Thread [Re: beatyou]
    #67402 - 06/27/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The Vapor Bros seems really nice, but 140 is a little steep.

Koons, have you used a vape genie? I like that it is cheaper, smaller, and portable, but I don't know if it is reliable.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals