Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... * 3
    #668387 - 04/29/13 11:30 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Remembered this thing I came up with some time ago. Here is a copy of the post I did on it a few years ago.

Wanna take cuttings? Make a mushroom chamber the marthas type that ue a cool mist and a ultrasonic. Take the cuttings put them in the chamber and be sure the cool mist runs 24/7. the ultrsonic comes on every 8 hrs for 1.5 hrs. The job of the ultrasonic is to cover the cuttings with a layer of moisture. the ultrasonic uses a fog to cover the cuttings which is better then a mister cause it doesn't form big droplets on the leaves plus with the constant air flow you get way less fungus, molds and rotting that can take place on leaves when rotting cuttings.
With this method you can also take them any size you want. here are some samples.

Like I said you can take them any size you want

The humidifiers that keep things alive

This bacame this

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: Magash]
    #668408 - 04/30/13 07:50 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Did you cut off some of the leaf tips?  What's up with that?

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #668425 - 04/30/13 10:54 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

UltimateDevotion said:
Did you cut off some of the leaf tips?  What's up with that?

Promote root growth on the clones.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #668433 - 04/30/13 12:15 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Since they don't need the leaves for a little bit it creates less of a need to take in water. In other words less leaf less need for moisture. Also in a high humidity situation rot can start in spots where the leaves overlap.

:growingweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: Magash]
    #668434 - 04/30/13 12:22 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Magash what about lighting?  I read clones dont need light at all you could even keep it dark when theyre rooting in an aerocloner.  I feel like thats not possible.

Could you do the same with this setup if possible at all?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: PoloDown]
    #668435 - 04/30/13 12:25 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

No matter how they are being rooted they don't need bright light but they do need light. Keep em in total darkness and you just get dead branch tips. :wink:

So when you said this
Quote:

I feel like thats not possible.

you were right
:growingweed:

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#668440 - 04/30/13 12:49 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Got yaaa. I didnt think that was the case.

i was gonna shove my bubble cloner in my dresser if they needed 0 light lol save me a lil space

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: PoloDown]
    #669155 - 05/04/13 02:58 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup: what about a sgfc for rooting clones wouldnt that be easier than a whole martha :shrug:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: shagdawg420]
    #669165 - 05/04/13 03:58 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Not when your doing 400 clones at a time which is what I was doing at that time. :rasta:

--------------------

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#669185 - 05/04/13 04:48 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Not when your doing 400 clones at a time which is what I was doing at that time. :rasta:

:hatsoff:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #756871 - 11/11/14 06:35 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I'm gonna bump this so some who haven't seen a cube cutting machine can see it.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#756941 - 11/12/14 04:25 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

If you only have the need for a few at a time, would an SGFC work?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: webster10]
    #756944 - 11/12/14 04:51 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Anything that can keep the humidity up and keep airflow threw the chamber can work.

Maybe I've smoked to much OG shatter but I'm drawing a blank on what "SGFC" is?

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #756946 - 11/12/14 04:53 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

shotgun fruiting chamber, perlite bottom with many many holes.

That would fit the bill and would be a step up from the standard humidity domes many people use (myself included)

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: captain.koons]
    #756949 - 11/12/14 04:58 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Ahhhhh...got ya. Yeah one of those would be fine. My thing was to have constant air flow cause domes were driving me nuts. Then I got sick of using cubes and went to rooting with water. My fucking luck I changed to water after buying 2000 root cubes and only using a few hundred of them.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #756956 - 11/12/14 05:56 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I love my DIY aerocloner, I use peat pellets, plug trays of coco, rapid rooters, rockwool, whatever.

Do you use hormones on the cuts or water or just straight up water?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinewebster10

#756958 - 11/12/14 06:36 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it's the perlite on the bottom of a clear tote setup. How am I going to stop the roots growing through the cubes and down into the perlite?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: webster10]
    #756959 - 11/12/14 06:53 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

What are you transplanting into?

You could build a shelf  to elevate them so they're not ONTOP of the perlite.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinewebster10

Re: I was talking about taking cuttings in cubes and.................... [Re: captain.koons]
    #756960 - 11/12/14 07:28 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Lava rock. I like the shelf idea. Could I buy one of those milk crates and just it down to be short enough?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #756966 - 11/12/14 09:27 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

You can go to a hardware store and buy egg crate light diffusion material. Build your shotgun fruiting chamber in a tote that tapers down or becomes more narrow towards the bottom, cut it so it drops in but doesn't reach the bed of perlite.

Done.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates