Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHime
Stranger

prop 215/sb420
    #668684 - 05/01/13 09:03 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, I'm curious if anyone knows what the exact definition of immature and mature are for the amount of plants allowed in California. For my county I'm allowed 12 immature and 6 mature. Is mature just flowering? Does size have anything to do with it? Can I have 12 one foot tall plants flowering?

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: prop 215/sb420 [Re: Hime]
    #668689 - 05/01/13 09:04 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yes mature is a flowering plant.

And if I am not mistaken  you could have 6 13 foot monsters if you wanted and still be following the law.

And no if you had 12 one foot flowering plants you are over the legal limit by 6

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: prop 215/sb420 [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #668690 - 05/01/13 09:06 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hey check this out, I guess it isn't really even a law but a general guideline.

NOTE: On May 22, 2008, the Second District of California Court of Appeals ruled that the state limits on medical marijuana possession and cultivation established under SB 420 are unconstitutional. The court's reasoning would seem to apply only when the SB 420 numbers are used to limit patients' rights, but has been interpreted otherwise by police who would prefer to ignore them. On January 21, 2010, the California Supreme Court in essence affirmed the ruling.

California NORML strongly advises Prop 215 patients to continue following the SB 420 guidelines – six mature or 12 immature plants and 8 ounces of processed marijuana except where local guidelines specify more. The Supreme Court’s recent Kelly decision has been widely misinterpreted to imply that the limits no longer apply, and that patients can therefore grow as much as they want. In fact, the Court’s decision lets the police arrest anyone who exceeds the guidelines, The only thing it disallows is for the guidelines to be used as a basis for conviction in criminal trials.

So, unless you don’t mind being arrested and dragged into court for a felony trial, where you will have to show that the amount of marijuana you had was consistent with your medical needs, the best rule of thumb is to follow the guidelines. The Kelly decision simply re-affirms the original intent of SB 420, which was to establish reasonable guidelines for arrest - not automatic limits for guilt.

Some doctors are charging clients extra for so-called "cultivation licenses" supposedly entitling them to grow more than the normal number of plants. There is no such thing as a "cultivation license" under California law. Any patient with a California physician's recommendation may legally cultivate or possess as much marijuana as they need for their own personal medical use, and no more. No physician can authorize them to cultivate more (they can only testify in court that a certain amount of marijuana is consistent with the individual patient's needs, and they do not have professional competence to prescribe plant numbers).

--------------------

Edited by Hime (05/01/13 09:08 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #668702 - 05/01/13 09:40 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Don't give em a reason to come to your garden and you don't have to worry about this stuff. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: prop 215/sb420 [Re: Magash]
    #668706 - 05/01/13 09:42 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Don't give em a reason to come to your garden and you don't have to worry about this stuff. :happyweed:

QFT

Offlineitsaconspiracy
governments worst nightmare
Male

Loc: florida Flag
Re: prop 215/sb420 [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #668707 - 05/01/13 09:44 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

:whathesaid:

--------------------

OfflineHime
Stranger

#668712 - 05/01/13 09:53 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

truth. I am the most peaceful guy around and abide all laws but I live in a dense suburb. My plants are not even a foot tall and already stink up the neighborhood, but I doubt the people around me would be the type to call the police. Most of them have members of their household who are also stinking up the neighborhood with their smoke.

The only thing is I get a lot of air traffic and helicopters have busted people in my neighborhood for growing. I see them hovering around all the time doing circles. I'll just stick to the rules until my county amends :grin:

It's a shame though I could have had a good little crop of foot tall buds which together wouldn't even have came close to even a half way properly vegged lady. I'm sure the court would be discerning but not worth the trouble of being locked up in trial for god knows how long.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #668717 - 05/01/13 10:05 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Foot tall plants won't get busted by helicopters. Make a small cover out of mil clear plastic. Same crap they use on a lot of green houses.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlineitsaconspiracy
Male

#668719 - 05/01/13 10:13 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hime said: The only thing is I get a lot of air traffic and helicopters

:paranoid: dude i'm in florida and had two
three foot tall flowering plant in my back yard in a chicken pin with a clear roof and didn't get caught even with regular air traffic you are in cali where it is legal for medical purpose your good

--------------------

OfflineHime
Stranger

#668721 - 05/01/13 10:21 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

true but if some jackass neighbor or one of their guests decide to anonymously report a strong odor of marijuana coming from my yard and then that cop decides to be a jackass then I could lose a year or more of my life in the court system.

I've already lost 3 months of my life stuck in jail held without possibility of bail or SR in the past. My county likes to treat people like they are guilty while they are waiting for trial. I had to cop a plea to something I didn't do in order to get out and supposedly the only reason I got that plea was because my original district attorney was out for the day. They were trying to hold firm on making the plea for 1 year. My attorney had me wave the right to a speedy trial and had me convinced that if I did go to trial and somehow was found guilty then I would have been looking at some ridiculous amount of time. So I plead :shrug: but I won't go into further detail hehe.

If I hadn't had that past experience though I would be more willing to explore the limits.

--------------------

Offlineitsaconspiracy
Male

#668723 - 05/01/13 10:34 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hime said: I've already lost 3 months of my life stuck in jail held without possibility of bail or SR in the past. My county likes to treat people like they are guilty while they are waiting for trial. I had to cop a plea to something I didn't do in order to get out and supposedly the only reason I got that plea was because my original district attorney was out for the day. They were trying to hold firm on making the plea for 1 year. My attorney had me wave the right to a speedy trial and had me convinced that if I did go to trial and somehow was found guilty then I would have been looking at some ridiculous amount of time. So I plead but I won't go into further detail hehe.

damn that sucks bro if you worried about neighbors or there guest grow inside best advise i can give on neighbors cause mine are cool so i don't have to worrie about them:shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #668724 - 05/01/13 10:34 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Shit, I'm in Cali and I don't worry about shit when it comes to limits and I'm over cause you have to be pretty far over for them to give a shit.

I'm familiar with the cops I've done three years in San Quentin for growing charges. Never mind the fact when I got caught there were no medical marijuana laws yet and I had close to 6000 plants at the time. From what you're saying even if the cops came they most likely wouldn't even pull the plants let alone bust you for them.

:happyweed:

--------------------

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: prop 215/sb420 [Re: itsaconspiracy]
    #668726 - 05/01/13 11:07 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Yee it really did suck and cost me a year of my life afterwards too. Then 2 more years after that on formal probation(including $25,000) and I am still not back on track but at least I am done with all the court ordered shit and I am not in debt.

All my neighbors seem to be really cool and I always give them veggies from the garden. But I have a feeling that, somewhere, some kid, has a friend, who has a parent, who is a prick. :grin:

Everyone around me has multiple children and they are always out in the back having little get togethers. Get togethers usually mean parents drinking, which leads to irrational thinking, and maybe a parent gets the wise idea that he/she can't allow their children to be influenced or introduced to that smell and then makes a quick little anonymous call who knows what could snow ball from there hehe. Next thing you know my door is bust down my little jack russel terrier is shot dead and my family is being forced to the ground at gun point while the whole neighborhood watches. :grin: Then I get proven that my medical need only requires half of what I have and then they see my scale and say fuck it felony intent to sell then they charge me for the dmt in my grass and I'm in federal pen getting cock meat sandwich :smirk:

But ya lol. I am keeping it indoors for the most part but I just learned that you can veg a bunch of plants indoors in February then throw them out in march and nurture them through to may(throwing them in the shed after it starts getting 13+ hrs of daylight) and end up with complete outdoor buds very early :cool:

Sorry to hear you had to do time magash that's fucked up. I would have went insane if I had to spend 3 years in a real prison. County jail max security for three months was enough to make me even stop j-walking lol.

Thank god the world is becoming more sensible.  :ashamed:

edit: lol sorry obviously none of that would occur but I don't trust police and I don't trust the legal system especially in this broke ass county they pull all kinds of tricks to try to get people to plea instead of having to take it to trial. But it is cool to know there is legal ground to stand on if you are a little outside of your guideline.

Also here's the source for that supreme court ruling and other legal changes in counties over the time.

http://www.canorml.org/medical-marijuana/local-growing-limits-in-California

1/15/2013 - Cities and counties across the state have moved to establish zoning regulations for medical cannabis cultivation. In many cases, these are driven by complaints from neighbors who don't like the sight or smell of marijuana, or by public officials with overly punitive attitudes. Public safety concerns have been raised, and there have been a few incidents of violence around marijuana gardens. While there may be a need in some cities to require greenhouses or other security measures for gardens, in rural areas and in whole counties, there is no justification for outlawing outdoor marijuana gardens. In any case, hardship exemptions for indigent patients must be included to assure safe access under state law. Any patient who is impacted by planned or existing local ordinances can write to CalNORML.

oh yeah and GD that is a lot of plants!  :lol: Thank you for putting it into perspective for me haha.

--------------------

Edited by Hime (05/02/13 12:08 AM)

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
    #668737 - 05/02/13 05:40 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

then they charge me for the dmt in my grass and I'm in federal pen getting cock meat sandwich

Lol...sad but true

:glittershitz:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds