Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
A Predisposition to Psychedelic Drugs?
    #667501 - 04/25/13 06:23 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

So, as a kid I can remember enjoying particularly "psychedelic" episodes of various TV shows (Ren and Stimpy and Ed, Edd and Eddy stick out) and Fantasia was my favorite Disney movie of all time. So much that when Fantasia 2000 came out (10 years old) I bought it the first day.

Now my first thought was "it must be my parents' conditioning". My mom likes weed, my dad never smoked I guess. Neither of them do, or have done any psychedelics. My mom opposed my smoking for a while when she found out. It doesn't seem like either of them would have been more into these trippy cartoons than others.

I distinctly remember loving these, while a friend of mine was terrified of them. This was loooooooong before I knew anything about drugs or any of that, I just really liked the insane visual style.

When I got old enough to learn about drugs in school, even with all the "drugs r bad mmmkay" shit I got, I always said "damn that sounds awesome!"

It makes me wonder, do you think certain people are just mentally hard wired to have an attraction to stuff like this? It seems a lot of people get into drugs around college when they're trying new things. I was 14 the first time I did shrooms I think. And I was the one who grew them. I've always had this magnetic pull toward stuff like that, and I'm curious about how many of you experienced the same thing.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: A Predisposition to Psychedelic Drugs? [Re: RasJeph]
    #667512 - 04/25/13 10:09 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

ive often wondered the same thing Ras...

I remember in like grade 3 watching anti-drug cartoons, where the main character did "acid" and his whole vison went Psychedelic and his friends looked like demons.  After learning that a drug can change how u see stuff, but only for a couple hours ....i knew i wanted to try it someday. 

I also remember grade 6 making "fake acid" with loose leaf paper and pretending to drop it .  thinking how it would make my teachers face melt and make my vison crazy.

Later in life I Went outta my way in (high school) to find Psychedelic drugs.  I would spend hours reading the shroomery, learning everything i could.  I even grew a batch of mush in grade 11 (mom found em and thought i was making "meth" :facepalm:)

So im gonna say yes....  some people were born to trip :awecid:

Edited by P-O (04/25/13 10:37 AM)

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: A Predisposition to Psychedelic Drugs? [Re: P-O]
    #667516 - 04/25/13 10:32 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

^ same here, except I never grew mushies.

Fucking DARE made me curious!!!!

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #667590 - 04/25/13 05:08 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I think all human beings are presdisposed to liking and finding benefit/joy in psychedelic drugs by simply being conscious animals. Even deer and jaguars eat plants and enjoy tripping. It's been in our blood long before your mom and dad, to our psilocybin munching cavemen ancestors.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: A Predisposition to Psychedelic Drugs? [Re: FRACTALife]
    #667594 - 04/25/13 05:28 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

It's quite possible, I'd assume it has to do with ones psychology.

I'd say that impact during the formative years probably does a fair deal of the work though, I was raised in a house with very lax rules (but in extenuating circumstance). So I don't think I will ever accept any authority figures, and is probably why in the 5th grade I failed "DARE" for what was probably this reason.

Then again I don't believe in free will when it comes to psychology, we're a product of the sum of our experience. Ones brain chemistry and situations will predispose them in only one course of action for a given circumstance.

So I suppose I'm a resounding yes.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #667595 - 04/25/13 05:31 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
I think all human beings are presdisposed to liking and finding benefit/joy in psychedelic drugs by simply being conscious animals. Even deer and jaguars eat plants and enjoy tripping. It's been in our blood long before your mom and dad, to our psilocybin munching cavemen ancestors.

Werrd, fractal. Reindeer, ants, pigs.... while these examples mainly point out to fungi, other species actively seek out various plants, nuts, or flowers. These may not be for psychedelia purposes, but just feel good food much like how we cultivate coffee, sugar or cocoa. I dunno.

As for personal experience.... my predisposition to get into psychedelics derived from a strong interest in psychology and lucid dreaming. But it takes a certain kind of mind to see past daily bs. But once you live it, it's nearly impossible to go back "straight"

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: A Predisposition to Psychedelic Drugs? [Re: nannybooboo]
    #667596 - 04/25/13 05:32 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Dammit im drunker than i thought

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#667603 - 04/25/13 05:48 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I've always had this magnetic pull toward stuff like that, and I'm curious about how many of you experienced the same thing.

lol.....lol.......lol...........lol..........lol......lol....:omgawesome:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: A Predisposition to Psychedelic Drugs? [Re: Magash]
    #667623 - 04/25/13 07:34 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

So fucking jealous. I need some mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#667631 - 04/25/13 08:31 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleP-O

Re: A Predisposition to Psychedelic Drugs? [Re: Magash]
    #667632 - 04/25/13 08:54 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate