Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHime
Stranger

leaf damage
    #663918 - 03/28/13 05:35 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

I've got two plants here that I'm growing for medicinal purposes, thank god for prop 215. I've just started to notice these marks on the smaller new growth. Anyone able to recognize whats going on with this by the pictures? I'll fill the list out if I have to but I don't have ppms, ph, humidity, temp, ec etc. I'm using soil, kellogs organic patio plus. I haven't fertilized yet. Just tap water and molasses once. Sorry for the lack of information. It isn't wide spread yet. Also I have seen a few fungus gnats flying around. I'm going to top the containers with sand and hope that takes care of them.

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: leaf damage [Re: Hime]
    #663919 - 03/28/13 05:45 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Soo....it seems like your not paying attention to much of anything when it comes to your grow man.  The things you mentioned that you don't know can be important.  I would recommend that you take care to get the proper instruments so you know these things. 

Judging by the leaf tips I would say that the soil is just a touch hot for them.  Overall they look good though.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: leaf damage [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #663933 - 03/28/13 07:15 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

hey thank you for the response.

yea I'm kinda faith growing atm. I may pick up a humidity meter at least, that seems pretty important.

I'm hoping the dolomite lime in my soil will keep my ph at a tolerable level. Do you know if adding a small amount of dolomite lime to my water each time could keep the ph around 7? Or would I end up over doing the ca mg? I only added 2 tbsp to 5 gallons of soil since kellogs had it already in their ingredients. My last watering I added about a tsp to a half gallon of water(I let that sit out for a few days to let the chlorine dissipate) then split that between the plants.

If I'm letting my tap water sit in a jug for a week or so before watering should I keep it in a bright place with the lid off for oxidization? The sun helps break down the chloramines right?

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #663936 - 03/28/13 07:23 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Stop adding it.  You don't know what the pH of your water is to begin with.  So instead of getting an RH gauge, I would invest in something to determine your pH, whether it's the dropper kit or a meter, really just depends on how much you want to spend. 

You only need to let it sit for a day or two in all honesty.  But you have to gist of it, I don't worry about it personally, but we have really high water quality.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineHime
Stranger

#663941 - 03/28/13 07:40 PM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Thank you for your advice I'll see about getting a ph tester soon maybe that will help me learn more about how dolomite lime works. I don't see much info around about using it to balance water directly or maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Thank you again :sun:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#664015 - 03/29/13 02:47 AM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Hey I do alot of reading. So I heard some good things about That patio mix by kellog? Im going to watch your grow and see you the first person I know using it . I was going to use it outside instead of fox farm cheaper I think?

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: leaf damage [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #664035 - 03/29/13 09:54 AM (11 years, 2 days ago)

Yep its 5$ per 1.5cuft. The ingredients seem really good and the plants have taken off since I put them in there. I shocked them a couple times with transferring containers and I think I was feeding them 8+ ph water out of my santevia alkaline filter system so they were very light colored for a few weeks but since I put them in the kellogs and began tap water/dolomite lime they have became a nice dark green.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#664123 - 03/29/13 08:05 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Y transplant fucked up??

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #664137 - 03/29/13 09:28 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Ummm I'm like 90% sure dolomite lime Increases pH. So if your water is 8 now, you're not helping.

But dolomite lime is also barely gonna dissolve in 3-4 months, so you're good.

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

OfflineHime
Stranger

#664143 - 03/29/13 09:58 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

na wasn't to bad, I just think I delayed them a bit. especially one of them. most of the root mass fell off during transplant but its good now.

Also I forgot that my filter system is alkalizing, they say it can as much as double the ph of water. So maybe that was the main cause of them looking off. But that was a couple weeks before those pictures/amendments. I don't know why I mentioned it :grin:

They are looking healthy now :sun:

@maestro ah yea I wasn't sure how dolomite lime handled a higher then 7 Ph. I've heard that it keeps it buffered to 7 but that was speaking for lower ph. I'm using tap water now though. I really need to get myself a ph tester anyhow.

I may just order the bottles off amazon or ebay before I cause to much damage hehe. I'm not even sure if these are females yet, I've just been experimenting with these bag seeds and kind of stumbled into the grow. If these end up being guys I'll definitely get a tester before I start again with clones.

also a question: If I start some bag seeds outdoors and identify a female, can I take a clone from her to use indoors or am I asking for trouble?

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#664198 - 03/30/13 03:36 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

You can take clones from outside. I dont see any problems Imo.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #664200 - 03/30/13 05:25 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Well there's always the possibility of mites or something being introduced to your indoor setup.  But I would do it .

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineHime
Stranger

#664224 - 03/30/13 11:21 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Great Thanks guys

I think the sex is starting to develope. Its hard to tell from this picture but in the crotch of the stem/leaf stem there appears to be one little hair. In the pic it kind of blends in with the stem/stipule. I'll be keeping an eye on it :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order