Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

Two week old plant with "thinnig" and some yellowish leafs. Please help a first-timer!
    #279486 - 09/13/09 09:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
seed
2. How old are your plants?
16 days
3. How tall are your plants?
8 cm
4. What size containers are they planted in?
11 liters
5. What is your soil mix?

This soil contains the following nutrients (g/m^3):
Nitrogen: 210
P: 105
K: 225
Ca: 2000
Mg: 250
S: 120
B: 0.7
Cu: 2.8
Fe: 5.9
Mn: 3.6
Mo: 3.3
Zn: 1.6

Mixed with 15% perlit

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

Once (two days ago) since transplanting to bigger pots (four days ago).

7. What is the pH of your water?

Tap water is 8.2, downed to around 6.5 with lemon concentrate.

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
none yet
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
one CFL, 125W 6500K
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
About 10-15 cm (4"-6")
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
55x55 cm (3.25 square feet)
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
During night: 23-25 degrees C
During day: 26-30 degrees C
Humidity: 40-55%

14. What is the pH of the soil?
Have not check since transplant, initial soil pH should have been 6.5, and I have been watering with 6.5 water, so presumably 6.5
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
one small fly which was "removed" fairly quickly (and painlessly!)
16. How much experience do you have growing?
First time growing cannabis. Been growing various capsicums and tomatoes for a couple of years though

I first noticed a small yellow patch on one leaf a couple of days ago, it has however not grown. But now other leafs are showing yellowing and some "larger" spots of "thinning". I've had a fan blowing directly on the plant for a day or two.

I've read the problem solver, and the only thing that I could see matched the symptoms is over-fertilizing: "Over-fertilization (especially N), over-watering, damaged roots, or insufficient soil aeration (use more sand or perlite. Occasionally due to not enough N, P, or K"

Since I haven't added any extra nutrients to my water I could only see over-fertilizing being the case if my soil had too much to begin with - which would really suck :frown:

Please help me figure this out. It doesn't look too bad yet, but I'm worried it will worsen.

Edited by shrogrow (09/13/09 09:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Two week old plant with "thinnig" and some yellowish leafs. Please help a first-timer! [Re: shrogrow]
    #279577 - 09/13/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

could be a case of wind burn as well. While it's a good idea to have a fan in your area to move air around, make sure it's an oscillating fan or that the plants are receiving the "wind" indirectly.  Constant airflow on a specific area of your plant will dry your babies out and make the leaves go "crispy".

My only other thought is that it is an over fert situation and that your soil may be a little too hot.  Just keep your eye on them, try to move the fan so it's not blowing directly on the plants, and give em some plain water for the next few feedings and see what goes on.

Good luck!

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

Re: Two week old plant with "thinnig" and some yellowish leafs. Please help a first-timer! [Re: coda]
    #279580 - 09/13/09 02:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Definitely "wind burn" in that case. I had a non oscillating fan pointed at the poor baby for a full 24 hours, and got the symptoms after/during that time. I didn't know there were such a thing as "wind burn", good to know. I've redirected the fan towards the light bulb now instead. This way the plants gets a indirect wind bounced of the reflector.

Thanks a lot for all your advice and help coda! 35 posts short of being able to rate, but +5 for you anyhow :smile:

Edited by shrogrow (09/13/09 02:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies