Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNothing Is

Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned?
    #662533 - 03/16/13 04:35 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

What say you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: Nothing Is] * 1
    #662535 - 03/16/13 05:05 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

I say no.  I dont blow hoots in my dogs face

but my buddy's dog .. It comes close to him everytime he smokes... doesn't seem to mind the smoke being blown at him.  Dog gets baked, then eats and goes for sleeps in his bed.  :lol:

OfflineNothing Is

Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: P-O]
    #662536 - 03/16/13 05:08 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

Yeah

It's probably a case-by-case deal

I say get your dog stoned once and from there on out leave it up the her

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: Nothing Is]
    #662540 - 03/16/13 06:18 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

My girl is odd about it. She doesn't like the smell, but if I leave any kind of plant material around she will eat it. stems, buds, leafs.

She doesnt seem to like being high. She just falls asleep. But she will seek us out after a sess because she knows she can manipulate our high minds lol. She gets extra food and pet and played with because dogs are fucking awesome when you're baked. And she knows it.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: RasJeph]
    #662552 - 03/16/13 07:10 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

Mine would almost beg for it. I didn't do it a lot because he was my hunting dog but the last few years I did because he seemed to really enjoy it. He would get high and go eat or get high and run around. I didn't understand until yesterday when we had to put him to sleep, he had cancer all over his stomach and shit so I guess it made him feel better and allowed him to eat etc. I wouldn't do it for my pleasure though you can tell if they like it or not.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #662565 - 03/16/13 08:07 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

I had a dog who loved to eat it.

Ate 2 oz's one time and laid in her bed for 2 days.

Couldn't aford her habit and mine.:rofl:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: KaptKid]
    #662566 - 03/16/13 08:20 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:

Couldn't aford her habit and mine.:rofl:

:lol:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
    #662568 - 03/16/13 10:47 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

NO

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #662572 - 03/16/13 11:54 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

My cat loves getting stoned.  If he's sleeping in the other room, and I spark a bowl, he is instantly in my lap.  I blow it in his ears and he gets LIT.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineRedpill
Stranger

#662596 - 03/17/13 01:52 AM (11 years, 14 days ago)

It's not "cool" to get your dog stoned. But is it okay to do and can it be fun? Definitely. I've let my retriever get stoned with me a few times. Blowing on his face while smoking in a small tent. He loved it! Just acted really happy. Super chill and relaxed one moment then running in circles, rolling on the ground and wrestling with me the next.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #662598 - 03/17/13 05:07 AM (11 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
My cat loves getting stoned.  If he's sleeping in the other room, and I spark a bowl, he is instantly in my lap.  I blow it in his ears and he gets LIT.

Haha I have a cat who is the same! She knows the sound of the bong from far away and comes running

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #662618 - 03/17/13 12:42 PM (11 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Cannabis and Dogs do NOT mix

Warning to all folks who think it funny to give a dog Cannabis. DON"T It can be a terrifying experience for an animal.

TESTING CANNABIS ON DOGS

Through the courtesy of Messrs. Parke. Davis and Co., manufacturing chemists of London and Detroit. Michigan, U.S.A., we are enabled to reproduce a clear pharmacological study of the drug by E. M. Houghton, Ph.C., M.D.; and H. C. Hamilton. M.S (Excerpt from an article in the "American Journal of Pharmacy" for January 1908.) From several samples of Cannabis Americana fluid, extracts and solid extracts were prepared according to the U.S.P., and were tested upon animals for physiological activity.

The method of assay, which has previously been called to the attention of this Society, is that which one of us (Houghton) devised and has employed for the past twelve years. This method consists essentially in the careful observation of the physiological effects produced upon dogs from the internal administration of the preparation of the drug under test.

In applying the test, the standard dose (0.01 gram per kilo weight) (in form of solid extract for convenience) is administered internally in a small capsule. The dog's tongue is drawn forward between the teeth with the left hand and the capsule placed on the back part of the tongue with the right hand. The tongue is then quickly released and the capsule is swallowed with ease. In order that the drug may be rapidly absorbed, food should be withheld for twenty-four hours before the test and an efficient cathartic given if needed.

Within a comparatively short time the dog begins to show the characteristic action of the drug. There are three typical effects to be noticed from active extracts on susceptible animals: first a stage excitability, then a stage of inco-ordination, followed by a period of drowsiness.. The first of these is so dependent on the characteristics of the dog used that it's of little value for judging the activity of the drug, while with only a few exceptions the second, or the stage of inco-ordination, invariably follows in one or two hours; the dog loses control of its legs and of the muscles supporting its head, so that when nothing occurs to attract its attention its head will droop, its body sway, and, when severely affected, the animal will stagger and fall, the intoxication being peculiarly suggestive and striking.

When an active extract is given to a susceptible animal, in the smallest dose that will produce any perceptible effect, one must watch closely for the slightest trace of incoordination, lack of attention. or drowsiness. It is particularly necessary for the animals to be confined in a room there nothing will excite them, since when their attention is drawn to anything of interest the typical effect of the drug may disappear.

Previous to the adoption of the physiological test over twelve years ago, we were often annoyed by complaints of physicians that certain lots of drugs were inert; in fact some hospitals, before accepting their supplies of hemp preparations, asked for samples in order to make rough tests upon their patients before ordering. Since the adoption of the test we have not had a well-authenticated report of inactivity, although many tons of the various preparations of Cannabis Indica have been tested and supplied for medicinal purposes.

At the beginning of our observations careful search of the literature on the subject was made to determine the toxicity of the hemp. Not a single case of fatal poisoning have we been able to find reported, although often alarming symptoms may occur.

A dog weighting 25 pounds received an injection of two ounces of an active U.S.P. fluid extract in the jugular vein with the expectation that it would certainly be sufficient to produce death. To our surprise the animal, after being unconscious for about a day and a half, recovered completely. This dog received. not alone the active constituents of the drug, but also the amount of alcohol contained in the fluid extract. Another dog received about 7 grams of Solid Extract Cannabis with the same result. We have never been able to give an animal a sufficient quantity of a U.S.P. or other preparation of the Cannabis (Indica Arnericana) to produce death.

Source

OfflineNothing Is

Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #662637 - 03/17/13 02:10 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

That's not the same as blowing a hit or two in your dogs face

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #662640 - 03/17/13 02:14 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

So they demonstrate that it's bad to blow smoke at your dog by injecting tincture in theirs?

7g dry extract?? I'd pass out for a day and a half too just from smoking that

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: Maestro]
    #662672 - 03/17/13 03:20 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Maestro said:
So they demonstrate that it's bad to blow smoke at your dog by injecting tincture in theirs?

7g dry extract?? I'd pass out for a day and a half too just from smoking that

ya no shit!  im fucked off 1.5 and i weigh 3 times as much as my dog

OfflineRedpill
Stranger

Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: Deadkndys420] * 2
    #662675 - 03/17/13 03:56 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Warning to all folks who think it funny to give a dog Cannabis. DON"T It can be a terrifying experience for an animal.

It's funny it says this at the top of the page and then does not provide ANY evidence that this is true. It doesn't even talk about the psychological aspects of how it affected the dogs. All it said is that they got some dogs fucked up with oral doses of cannabis, and then they tried killing a dog with an insane intravenous amount of the drug and it didn't work!

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: Redpill]
    #662678 - 03/17/13 05:07 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

The father of my friend has a super disgusting bulldog, I mean that fuckin creature is exaclty what you would define as a monster, he's aggressive to everyone but his owner, who treats him like little baby, he keeps farting and it smells horrible, when he sleeps, the whole fucking floor is shaking... anyway, one night we were getting baked in his house, the dog kept barking at us, he was in the same room and seemed pissed off, one of our friend decided to blow his smoke in the dog's face, the dog started sneezing like fucking crazy then he just layed on his couch for like an hour, woke up, wandered around, farted a couple times, and then he went to eat his bowl, then went back to sleep after farting a couple more times.

It was funny like fuck, but I wouldn't get my animal high if I had any.

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

Offlineclosed veil
'nother 'merican zombie
 User Gallery

Loc: land of the dead
    #662700 - 03/17/13 09:25 PM (11 years, 13 days ago)

what about getting other pets high?
cats, hamsters, snakes, fish?
i had a cat that loved weed.
he would come a smell it while i was cleaning it, like put his nose right in the tray and get a good wiff.
he would hang around while getting high, and if you blew the smoke at him gently he would put his nose up and sniff it, but if you blew it at him hard he would run away.
:awepuss:

--------------------
m00nshine said: I just finished masturbating so it's time to get to work! :super:

OfflineIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: closed veil]
    #662706 - 03/18/13 04:45 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

--------------------
There's a conflict in every human heart
between the rational and the irrational,
between good and evil.
The good does not always triumph.
Sometimes the dark side overcomes
what Lincoln called the better
angels of our nature.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think it's cool to get your dog stoned? [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #662713 - 03/18/13 06:02 AM (11 years, 13 days ago)

Okay, so to start out I've worked in the veterinary field for about a decade, no longer in it, but have seen my share of cases.

Dogs/cats eating marijuana, is just awful to see.  They have a hard time walking, are super sensitive to light and sound.  The animals can't even control their bladder.  And this is and even just a human dose of edibles. 

My own dog has ended licking the butter that spills on the ground after squeezing it out of the plant material, it doesn't all get into the collection container sometimes.  And I absolutely hate seeing him after that happens.  It's hard for him to walk, he will just leak urine.  It's just awful.

That being said, if a dog or cat come to you while smoking weed, and just wants a hit blown in their face, and it's obvious.  I'm okay with that.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order